AACPMAS 2018- 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you think it's okay to go ahead and submit without a DPM evaluation listed in AACPMAS?

Go for it. You do not need an LOR to get an II at those schools. You may ask for an LOR earlier than October if you have expressed interest in becoming a podiatrist as a lot of pods know that this is a requirement for admission (my pod only shadowed for two days to get his LOR). Your transcript will eventually arrive and be verified; it took me a week for mine to come in. Good luck!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do you think it's okay to go ahead and submit without a DPM evaluation listed in AACPMAS? Im applying to DMU and Western. I shadowed a DPM for 8 hours but stopped because I got a job working in a pod office with 4 DPMs but since I'm in training all over I am not sure when it's appropriate to ask for a letter. I start my clinical float training sometime in mid Sept. This will be my 3rd week. Just learning the basics right now. I may wait until late Sept, early Oct to ask? Everything is ready to submit except that and my transcript that still hasn't come in. :( I just don't want to wait too long. What do yall think?
What Justici said.

They will know you need a rec letter. They went through the same thing.

Don't be shy about asking.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone heard anything from Western yet? Just curious

I too just got an ii from them.

Here is my update. I have heard from AZPOD, Scholl, DMU, and Kent, they all told me they are reviewing applications as they came in and will get back to me.

I have an interview set up at Samuel Merritt on Oct 5 and just set up an interview with WesternU on September 25.

My wife and I are currently torn between DMU and Temple. We love the Philadelphia area and the clinic there. But we have had friends that attended DMU and loved it, plus the cost of living there is pretty low.

Sent from my SM-G920V using SDN mobile

Yo, I don't know if you can tag people on SDN, and if you can... I don't know how. I just haven't heard from you [Keatbaby] for a minute. Where are you at as far as interviews go? I think you had said you had one from Temple? Anywhere else? Where all did you apply?

I signed up for the 25th.

Does anyone know if rescheduling is bad? Would that be brought up during interviews or put me in a disadvantage?

You know, I have no idea if rescheduling is bad. But the email did say if you needed to there was the link. So, I bet they have people who have stuff happen to them at the last minute. I too signed up for the 25, but almost wish I had signed up for the 18. But, I will probably stick with the 25. We'll see. I will be sitting down with my wife tonight to go over more details.

Hope this helps.

I signed up for the 25th.

Does anyone know if rescheduling is bad? Would that be brought up during interviews or put me in a disadvantage?
No.

No reason for them to hold it against you.

They know you have a schedule. Some are even career changers who hold a full time job while they go on interviews.

Hello again! I've submitted my apps to New York a couple of days ago and on the aacpmas website, it says my application is verified but when New York called me today, they said they are still waiting on MCAT and Transcript being verified? I am confused, am i looking at the wrong spot on aacmpas website? Attached is a screenshot.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-08-29 at 5.00.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-29 at 5.00.52 PM.png
    12.9 KB · Views: 96
Members don't see this ad :)
Yo, I don't know if you can tag people on SDN, and if you can... I don't know how. I just haven't heard from you [Keatbaby] for a minute. Where are you at as far as interviews go? I think you had said you had one from Temple? Anywhere else? Where all did you apply?
Sorry my wife and I have been traveling out of the country so I haven't checked SDN very much recently.

I have one scheduled interview (TEMPLE) and I have received invites from DMU and AZPOD so far. The only other school that I applied to is Scholls, and I have only gotten an email saying that they have received my application from them.

Has anyone received an invite from Scholls yet?

Hope this information helps you. I did some investigation today calling around and finally reached the people at AACMPAS that can help you solve that problem. I've been waiting for 3 weeks on one of my transcripts to post and my MCAT was just not turning from "unofficial" to "official."

AACPMAS was super helpful and directed me to the transcript team that handles transcripts/MCAT scores and can answer anything about your application. Their number is: 617-612-2900. They are wonderful and super nice!! They should be able to tell you if something has been received on their end from your undergrad/grad programs. They can also see if you have gone to AAMC to request your MCAT scores to be sent to them via your AAMC ID. Make sure to have your CAS ID ready to give them before calling.

My MCAT and Transcripts had been put on hold for some reason and the person on the other side didn't understand why either. BUT!! She changed a few things and my MCAT is now posted and she said that my transcript would show up by Friday (or sooner!).

Thank you so much!! Goodluck to you.

Sorry my wife and I have been traveling out of the country so I haven't checked SDN very much recently.

I have one scheduled interview (TEMPLE) and I have received invites from DMU and AZPOD so far. The only other school that I applied to is Scholls, and I have only gotten an email saying that they have received my application from them.

Has anyone received an invite from Scholls yet?

I wish I had the money to travel out of the country with my wife. ;) I got an invite from AZPOD, but wasn't able to attend the current dates they have up, so I will wait for some later dates. Do you have a date with DMU yet? ... Or does anyone have a date set with DMU? Just wondering how far out they are going. They just got my MCAT scores, so I am expecting an invite some time this week.

I have not heard from Scholl yet, at least as far as an invite. They keep sending me vague generic emails like, we have your stuff and will let you know when we start letting people know. Anyone else any different from this?

Hi my regular GPA is 3.55 and sGPA is 3.4 I haven’t taken the MCAT yet (Sept 19) but I did the podiatry internship at Temple and have worked at a PT clinic and have been working at a podiatry office as an MA. Scared/worried to take the MCAT. I’m going to be a TA and doing research this fall. What are my chances?

Hi my regular GPA is 3.55 and sGPA is 3.4 I haven’t taken the MCAT yet (Sept 19) but I did the podiatry internship at Temple and have worked at a PT clinic and have been working at a podiatry office as an MA. Scared/worried to take the MCAT. I’m going to be a TA and doing research this fall. What are my chances?
Have you taken practice tests? How are the scores going?

Your GPAs are fine.

Focus on your MCAT. If you can get 496+ you will have a shot at the majority of schools.

Hi all, this is my first time posting in this thread! My sGPA is 3.2, cGPA is 3.4. I have a good amount of EC and LOR's. I haven't taken the MCAT yet (in January), however was told to submit my app and send the MCAT scores later to begin processing of my app. I submit my app to all 9 schools. What are my chances?
You're fine.

Score above 496 you'll get invites.

You're fine.

Score above 496 you'll get invites.
Thanks! I was afraid that having a "pending" MCAT score might push my chances back. I hope thats not the case. CSPM said they conduct conditional interviews sometimes without an MCAT score, not sure if any other school does that. If I get my score in Feb, would I still be okay in regards to the rolling admission?

Thanks! I was afraid that having a "pending" MCAT score might push my chances back. I hope thats not the case. CSPM said they conduct conditional interviews sometimes without an MCAT score, not sure if any other school does that. If I get my score in Feb, would I still be okay in regards to the rolling admission?

Yes.

We had students who were interviewing during June before classes started August.

You're fine.

Hello team!

I know I mentioned I was only going to apply to New York (spring term 2019) and Midwestern (Fall term 2019) but my friends encouraged me to apply *early* for a couple more, so I applied to Barry and Kent State. I got invitations to both (Barry and Kent State) this past week and was wondering how the interview questions for each school went? What should I do to best prepare, besides SDN? Do they ask about current politics?

Thank you for your time!

Hello team!

I know I mentioned I was only going to apply to New York (spring term 2019) and Midwestern (Fall term 2019) but my friends encouraged me to apply *early* for a couple more, so I applied to Barry and Kent State. I got invitations to both (Barry and Kent State) this past week and was wondering how the interview questions for each school went? What should I do to best prepare, besides SDN? Do they ask about current politics?

Thank you for your time!
Everything in the SDN interview section is more than adequate.

They do not ask current politics.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I wish I had the money to travel out of the country with my wife. ;) I got an invite from AZPOD, but wasn't able to attend the current dates they have up, so I will wait for some later dates. Do you have a date with DMU yet? ... Or does anyone have a date set with DMU? Just wondering how far out they are going. They just got my MCAT scores, so I am expecting an invite some time this week.

I have not heard from Scholl yet, at least as far as an invite. They keep sending me vague generic emails like, we have your stuff and will let you know when we start letting people know. Anyone else any different from this?
DMU gave me a few different days to choose from, any Friday in September. BUT they did not have any dates in Oct listed yet.
I'm going to get in contact with them soon to schedule an interview. Just haven't decided on which day is best for me.

If anyone has questions about AZpod, PM me! Gladly answers any and all questions! And best of luck to everyone!

Just submitted to DMU, NY, KSU, Temple (gotta write diversity essay for Scholl still). All transcripts and LoRs are submitted. However, I submitted my MCAT through AAMC portal like 2 days ago bc I didn't realize we had to send it through there as well I thought the AAMC ID would allow AACPMAS to verify. Does anyone know how long that takes for the MCAT to be verified? hope they don't hold it against me.

Did anyone get an ii from Scholl? Reading the messages from the past few weeks make it seem like no one has heard back from them yet but i wanted to know if this has changed for any of you!

Just got an ii from Scholl. That makes 4 ii's for me (AZPOD, WesternU, Samuel Merritt, and Scholl).

I'm wondering anyone's thoughts on DMU and Kent. I've heard a couple people here have been offered ii's there, but I have only received the initial email saying they were going over applications. I had my MCAT scores verified later than I had expected and I am thinking that may have something to do with it, but my nerves are getting the best of me. Is there a time when I contact the school's and ask how the application review is going? I figured that I haven't gotten a "no" yet, so maybe they have just not gotten to my application yet. Thoughts?

Just submitted to DMU, NY, KSU, Temple (gotta write diversity essay for Scholl still). All transcripts and LoRs are submitted. However, I submitted my MCAT through AAMC portal like 2 days ago bc I didn't realize we had to send it through there as well I thought the AAMC ID would allow AACPMAS to verify. Does anyone know how long that takes for the MCAT to be verified? hope they don't hold it against me.

I had friends last cycle that submitted in March and were able to get interviews to 6 or7 schools. Also had a friend with a conditional acceptance and scholarship without having taken the MCAT yet. So, you should be fine. I would assume you would hear back from most of the schools before November at the latest, but most likely sooner. Don't quote me on this though, I am not on any of the admissions committees.

Just got an ii from Scholl. That makes 4 ii's for me (AZPOD, WesternU, Samuel Merritt, and Scholl).

I'm wondering anyone's thoughts on DMU and Kent. I've heard a couple people here have been offered ii's there, but I have only received the initial email saying they were going over applications. I had my MCAT scores verified later than I had expected and I am thinking that may have something to do with it, but my nerves are getting the best of me. Is there a time when I contact the school's and ask how the application review is going? I figured that I haven't gotten a "no" yet, so maybe they have just not gotten to my application yet. Thoughts?

You're fine.

1st years are only 2 weeks in.
It is only the beginning of September.

Calm down.

I had friends last cycle that submitted in March and were able to get interviews to 6 or7 schools. Also had a friend with a conditional acceptance and scholarship without having taken the MCAT yet. So, you should be fine. I would assume you would hear back from most of the schools before November at the latest, but most likely sooner. Don't quote me on this though, I am not on any of the admissions committees.

Do you know which school did the conditional acceptance?

Do you know which school did the conditional acceptance?
I don't know. He didn't tell me. He was very reserved about his stats and school applications. Which I respected and didn't try to push it. I know he eventually ended up at AZPOD, whether that was the school that had conditionally accepted him or not, I don't know.

I received my first acceptance yesterday! I was very impressed with Barry and their clinic. It would be hard to turn them down.

Reactions: 9 users
I received my first acceptance yesterday! I was very impressed with Barry and their clinic. It would be hard to turn them down.
Hi! how did your interview go? We're they harsh with questions? I have an ii Sep 24 and a bit nervous. Thank you

Hi! how did your interview go? We're they harsh with questions? I have an ii Sep 24 and a bit nervous. Thank you

The interview was very low stress. I was the only interviewee there on Tuesday, so it felt very good to tour the school and be able to ask as many questions as I wanted to. They did not ask me any harsh questions, they were all very open and friendly.

Congratulations! I’ll see you there then, most likely!
While I am very happy for you it makes me sad. I didn't apply to Barry, my wife was not keen on the school. I have grown accustomed to your expert opinions and attitude toward the profession. It would have been enjoyable to have had classes with you. However, I wish you luck as you continue on your path of becoming a physician!

While I am very happy for you it makes me sad. I didn't apply to Barry, my wife was not keen on the school. I have grown accustomed to your expert opinions and attitude toward the profession. It would have been enjoyable to have had classes with you. However, I wish you luck as you continue on your path of becoming a physician!

Thank you for the compliment! I am by no means an expert, but maybe someday haha. It would have been great having classes with you too, but there is always a possibility of running into you in out-of-state externships, or even residency. Good luck to you too!

Congrats! Just wondering- in the acceptance letter/email, did they let you know how long you have to inform them whether you'll attend or not? And if so, what was it? 2 weeks? A month?
Just trying to know how long one has upon acceptance to let schools know in general.

Last edited:
Congrats! Just wondering- in the acceptance letter/email, did they let you know how long you have to inform them whether you'll attend or not? And if so, what was it? 2 weeks? A month?
Just trying to know how long one has upon acceptance to let schools know in general.

They called me. After he mentioned I was accepted he mentioned a scholarship offer and asked that I inform Barry Admissions within 30 days. I think that a month is typical of most schools

492 on Kaplan practice rn. I’m struggling with the timing on CARS.

A lot of tutoring companies told me to write down a very short sentence about each paragraph when I did CARS. Personally, this just eats up more time. I made sure to take my time reading through the passage and tried my best to be interested in its argument (you can take 3-4 mins, the average English speaker will be able to finish reading the passage in 2 mins). You can take 9 mins to answer passages with 5 q’s, 10.5 mins for 6, and 12 mins for 7. Another heuristic I used was if I was not on passage 6 at the 35 minute mark, I had to go faster. CARS is hard for many people, but it is one of those things where if you put in good time, you will get good results. Good luck!

Hi all,

I plan on scheduling my interview for Western and Barry soon. For those of you who have interviewed at either school, how long did it take you to hear back regarding the admissions decision? Thank you!

Two days for me

Congrats, good job!

If you don't mind me asking, did you end up retaking the MCAT? I remember your post in the "what are my chances" thread. I have similar stats to you and I'm waiting for my MCAT results (early October). I think I might have a similar score to yours and want to go forward with applying if so. :)