AADSAS Academic Update

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amathur7

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am curious to know whether the academic update is required or not. I took a lot of upper level classes such as anatomy and biochemistry. Unfortunately I fell sick due to sinus problems for a while which impacted my GPA tremendously. I applied with a 3.5 but now my GPA fell to 3.35.

I have interviewed at UDM and am on the waitlist. I haven't heard from other schools such as Temple, Tufts, Touro etc.. Should I do an AADSAS academic update or not? Will I still hear back from the mentioned schools if I don't submit an update? Also, does the school I interviewed at require an update as well?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I am curious to know whether the academic update is required or not. I took a lot of upper level classes such as anatomy and biochemistry. Unfortunately I fell sick due to sinus problems for a while which impacted my GPA tremendously. I applied with a 3.5 but now my GPA fell to 3.35.

I have interviewed at UDM and am on the waitlist. I haven't heard from other schools such as Temple, Tufts, Touro etc.. Should I do an AADSAS academic update or not? Will I still hear back from the mentioned schools if I don't submit an update? Also, does the school I interviewed at require an update as well?

Thank you!

I would wait it out and not do the update since your GPA took a hit. Continue doing your EC activities and update them on that.

I would wait it out and not do the update since your GPA took a hit. Continue doing your EC activities and update them on that.

Do you think this will hurt my chances of getting in to UDM or any future interviews?

I am in a similar situation and am on a few waitlists at schools. This past fall semester I got a few B-'s so the update will lower my GPA. Should I still do the update? I want them to know I am still interested but doubt my previous semester grades will improve my chances.