About NYU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

munnabhai dds

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
HI
I WANTS TO KNOW WHEN DO NEWYORK DENTAL SCHOOL BEGIN THE INTERVIEWS..:luck:

Members don't see this ad.

last year the first interveiw leters were sent out on 17 dec and the interveiws began from 9 jan

last year the first interveiw leters were sent out on 17 dec and the interveiws began from 9 jan

hey does anyone know what kind of an interview does nyu have n what kind of questions they ask?

Members don't see this ad :)
hey does anyone know what kind of an interview does nyu have n what kind of questions they ask?

They just have a single personal interview which lasts from 15-30 min normally ( this is what we had in the last admission cycle ).... they ask only personal questions mostly and very rarely do they ask any subject related questions... hope this helps...
Good Luck

question asked also depends on who takes ur interview....

The year before last, they asked me about why my GPA was low! and what could i do now? I said that i could take the part II, so they sent me a rejection letter a week later. If they ask you about low GPA or any low score try this. Tell them that you are very much intrested in the NYU school, so you would get very good grades there and work hard once you are accepted!. I dont know if this will work, do it at your own risk, but me telling them that i will take part II and toefl again did NOT work at all.
Hope this helps.

Hope this helps, PM me if anyone needs any additional help.

hey i want to know can a student of advance placement program participate in reserach ..... do students at NYU generally go for research .....

thanks in anticipation

hey i want to know can a student of advance placement program participate in reserach ..... do students at NYU generally go for research .....

thanks in anticipation

Usually you don't have enough time to do a research, but you can participate during a sumer break or spring break - out of your curriculum. Good luck

hi
i am planning to take my nbde exam on 23rd nov and expect the result by first week of dec which i will forward ro NYU immediately.But i am planning to send my packge to NYU without the nbde score by 25 nov.will this help me in any way?do i have change of getting things in order on time.
please help me decide:oops:

hi
i am planning to take my nbde exam on 23rd nov and expect the result by first week of dec which i will forward ro NYU immediately.But i am planning to send my packge to NYU without the nbde score by 25 nov.will this help me in any way?do i have change of getting things in order on time.
please help me decide:oops:

Yes, you can do that but I believe they won't start reviewing your application till you complete all the requirements. Good luck for your test!

did anyone get a letter from NYU saying ur application was complete???cause i have been waiting for more than 1 month without any email or snailmail.

i did receive a card 3 weeks ago with check marks indicating my missing documents (gpa,nbde and toelf) the rest of the packet was complete so i did wait 2 week giving time these organizations send out my scores and called them last week and they told me that my application was complete already.

Members don't see this ad :)
i also got a card indicating my missing papers. i waited for 1 week and called them . they told its complete. culd you guys share ur status in nbde,gpa toefl

In my opinion you need at least 87 but more importnant is GPA of ece above 3.0 atleast, if not higher. In my interview year before last they questioned my GPA, also TOEFL of above req helps.
Good Luck

whats the required nbde score to apply for nyu dental school:)

Is that an 87 on the old exam or the new exam? I also read on their website that on average the score was 87 but that was according to the old test. Does anyone know how NYU or any of the schools will be evaluating scores? Also, what's the trend; higher or lower scores in the new format?

hey can anybody tell that,,,,,,,,,......... do NYU accept personal checks ......

did anyone get a letter from NYU saying ur application was complete???cause i have been waiting for more than 1 month without any email or snailmail.

hi
i got a appln completion letter almost a month ago.

I also recieved a note last week stating that my toefl and nbde score are yet to be recieved .. Yesterday i called nyu dental college and they gave me info. that my application is complete..SO, NOW waitinggggggg begins for interview........................:)

Just For My Knowledge Sake When DoeS Nyu Dental College Begins Their Interview Session....

hi guys .......is it that you need a score of 87 in new pattern also to get into NYU???
confused.................

no ,87 was 2007 average score of student that got in

hey malboro!
wat say, how much would be the cut off for nyu this time..............i have heard people getting lower scores in new pattern,,,,,even mine is low:83,gpa 3.2.....................any chances??

hehehehe mine is lower than yours hehehe 82 ,so i dont know ,i just applied lets see what happens ,my gpa 3,84 .you never know what they want from u thats why i applied .and also i think that average and cut off is not the same thing .u know what i mean?

so u mean to say that somone below 87 might also have got a seat in nyu last year.........as 87 was the average..............if dats the case then the situation is still better!!!wat say?

r u planning to appear again?

that's exactly what I meant,its an average.to be honest I am gonna wait, if I dont get the interview call i 'll retake it.

I believe it all depends on # of ppl and their scores. But for NYU GPA 3.0 above is a must - one of their first screening criteria. You can call the admission office too if you want to know exactly what is their minimum requirement. So don't loose hope. With new Part 1 format, it may be less people getting 90+ above nowadays. Good luck.

ya this time of the year , a lot of fuss is goin on.............i have seen a frnd of mine with 87 got rejections from everywhere and another one with 83 got interview from ucsf and ucla!!!!!

keep in touch

hi! did anyone receive a confirmation postcard from nyu?( not the one stating about the missing documents)

its been almost a month i mailed them my application but have not heard from them.i called nyu today and the person on phone said that my application might have not been updated yet and they dont have me in their data base !

one more thing i asked him was about the average score with which they are rcvng applications and he said that their suggested minimum is 85 with 3.0 gpa and 90 toefl.

any feed back appreciated..................

Hi

I got application complete postcard 1-11/2 month after sending the application so hang on there...u will get it soon.

i got nothing from NYU so is it a good idea to call them up and ask about the status ....

yeap its a good idea you can call them to find out ur application status.i did it and it worked for me.

not updated yet on there computer so hav to wait.....

hey malboro!
wat say, how much would be the cut off for nyu this time..............i have heard people getting lower scores in new pattern,,,,,even mine is low:83,gpa 3.2.....................any chances??

Hey Guys!My part 1 score's the same,83!GPA 3.08.One of my friends is in NYu,says its a OK score to get into NYU

hey skd , sorry i could not understand u.does OK score mean that u have gud or bleak chances of getting in nyu ............................r u planning to appear again or just wait????????????????????

hey skd , sorry i could not understand u.does OK score mean that u have gud or bleak chances of getting in nyu ............................r u planning to appear again or just wait????????????????????
Chances are good to get in NYU with those scores.Actually,GPA of 3 or more is all they look for.An average part 1 score should be fine

hey thanks!! lets keep our fingers crossed!:)

According to NYU the average stats are Toefl 90 , GPA 3.00 , Nbde 87. So that means the stats can be lower or higher, The average stats that they accepted last year was as above . So people with lower than the average stats donot worry you still have chance to get in.

when nyu dental school starts interviews??

hi
i have just 85 nbde and 3.09 gpa...i dont if i have any chances in nyu..
could someone plz suggest me whether i apply in nyu or just take part-2?:confused:

hi
i have just 85 nbde and 3.09 gpa...i dont if i have any chances in nyu..
could someone plz suggest me whether i apply in nyu or just take part-2?:confused:
Go ahead and apply to NYU.Then prepare to take part 2.doesnt hurt to apply.

They just have a single personal interview which lasts from 15-30 min normally ( this is what we had in the last admission cycle ).... they ask only personal questions mostly and very rarely do they ask any subject related questions... hope this helps...
Good Luck

Hey thanks for replying. Are you in NYU now?

Been a while since I visited this site..
What matters for NYU is your part 1 score (according to me). For people who say GPA of 3 is a must, I had 2.4 from ECE....though I also had 3.6 (or 3.8.. I don't remember) from WES which they do not accept.
I do not say that 85 is the absolute minimum because there may be a couple of people with score lesser than that. But to be frank, they would have done something else.....besides BDS. If they have people with 88 applying, why should they take in someone with an 84 if everything else on the resume is the same? Also remember that every college looks for diversity.

hi Dr.Ajay.....gud to see u back!! i had written a mail to u and posted a scrap on orkut but dint hear back......u had given me a link to a clinical course u did from nyu .............i have got a very low score in part 1 - 83 and m planning to appear again and also thinking to join some dental related research which cud add on my resume...........cud u plz help me out in this matter ................eagerly waiting to hear frm ur side ( [email protected])

Sorry about that. Had a couple of exams back then. Please check your mail

Let me say this... I am not an expert when it comes to admission. I myself struggled to get in. Less than a year back, I was on the other side of the boat. So frankly speaking, I am not the right guy to comment on who will get in and who wouldn't.
All the best guys

gd55-did you have 83 on new or old exam? I feel that if we post the grade we should say if it's the new or old format since from what I understand people score lower on the new format. Is that true?
Ajay Das-congrats on getting it. It's great that you came back to help.