About NYU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey thanks for replying. Are you in NYU now?

You are welcome.... I got accepted this year but I deferred my admission by one year and I will be joining in June 2008....

Members don't see this ad.

hi minidoc
ya my score is in new pattern........is it reaaly true dat ppl r havin lower scores in new pattern? if u have an idea wat r the scores ppl r getting on an avrg?
reply awaited

Members don't see this ad :)
hi gd55, sorry for the delay...I feel like people are scoring 5-6 points lower on the new format then the old one. Even the US students are scoring lower. What I'm worried about is how the dentals schools are going to interpret the new scores since it's the first year they'll have to do so. Perhaps they'll refer to their own US students and notice the trend (hopefully). Does anybody have any insight on this?

hi
can anyone tell me how i can add research dental experience on my cv..ajay can u also plz help me out thanks:)..

gd55-did you have 83 on new or old exam? I feel that if we post the grade we should say if it's the new or old format since from what I understand people score lower on the new format. Is that true?
Ajay Das-congrats on getting it. It's great that you came back to help.
hi....i have 85 score in new pattern. toefl 96. gpa is 2.8...
what are my chances of getting an interview call at nyu

hi....i have 85 score in new pattern. toefl 96. gpa is 2.8...
what are my chances of getting an interview call at nyu

I think 85 is a good score in new pattern...

but if you are from India , the Diversity factor may play against you , besides your GPA is below 3.0...

but still we never know, its all if and but situation...

its just my opinion...

good luck

akg

You are welcome.... I got accepted this year but I deferred my admission by one year and I will be joining in June 2008....

thats cool...congratulations. I recieved a post card saying my file is complete. Really hope I get an inetrview call soon.

You will soon receive the interview call. your stats are safe for nyu....

THANX A LOT akg for replying.....
yep, that's true that I am 4rm India, but will that make any difference......
I know my gpa is low, but can't help it.......
do u have any idea regarding whom will the nyu people prefer- a candidate with a score of 85 in new pattern as compared 2 one in old pattern.
thanx:)

hi guys kindly need help from u guys regarding the opinion for the score of part 1 to get into the NYU . My score is for part 1 is 83 for new pattern with GPA frm ECE about 2.75 frm india and done BDS . so can I get some authentic information the score and chances of getting into the university. i m really very intereste din NYU and also not gettins the concept of they will select for the candidates as there r both the candidates for new and old patttern...........anyways these r many of the questions I have asked sorry for that but please help as soon as possible

thanks in advance for cooperation and time ........

hi guys kindly need help from u guys regarding the opinion for the score of part 1 to get into the NYU . My score is for part 1 is 83 for new pattern with GPA frm ECE about 2.75 frm india and done BDS . so can I get some authentic information the score and chances of getting into the university. i m really very intereste din NYU and also not gettins the concept of they will select for the candidates as there r both the candidates for new and old patttern...........anyways these r many of the questions I have asked sorry for that but please help as soon as possible

thanks in advance for cooperation and time ........

Members don't see this ad :)
can anyone tell me how i can add research dental experience on my cv..ajay can u also plz help me out thanks:)..
please help me also to improve my CV..
i have given my exam 2 days back!!without much of preparation and am kinda scared of even applying..
can any of u guys guide me if i should apply to NYU as i haven received my scores for obvious reasons..
also i am kinda concerned with one extra year of fees dat u might havta pay..as its a 3 years course..don u think u will end up paying much more than any other dental school..should dat be a genuine criteria to decide whether one should apply to NYU or not..as after a lil discussion with a senior of mine he suggested that initially it looks ok to borrrow money,but anyways u havta return it back!!what u all guys say who are in NYU!! please enlighten all of us,,i am sure many people wud have this doubt in their head!!! anybody with me????
pan

Thanx a lot DDS NO1 for such a positive reply........
r u also applying this year?
hi......I got my general evaluation done by ece with gpa of 3.14
but , as all universities demand course by course eval by ece, but my gpa on couse by course came out to be 2.8:(
do u know anyone who has had the same experience......
well, do u think this discerpency is normal? or there must be some mistake.
waiting 4 reply

hi guys,what u think how late can one apply to NYU that we are in d safe bracket of receiving a call???
any suggestions are welcome!!
pan

THANX A LOT akg for replying.....
yep, that's true that I am 4rm India, but will that make any difference......
I know my gpa is low, but can't help it.......
do u have any idea regarding whom will the nyu people prefer- a candidate with a score of 85 in new pattern as compared 2 one in old pattern.

I gave Part1 3 times. Two times in old pattern and once in new pattern. I did not find any difference other than in the new pattern all the sections are mixed. First time in the old pattern i got 81, second time 85, third attempt in the new pattern i got 90.

Hi !
Even I gave my exam few days back and scored 85:(.I am thinking of applying to NYU but was worried whether so much loan will be easily repayed as 1year extra fees.If you get any information do let me know,as to how much salary a dentist starts with as soon as he completes his DDS.Anyone please throw light on this!!!

please help me also to improve my CV..
i have given my exam 2 days back!!without much of preparation and am kinda scared of even applying..
can any of u guys guide me if i should apply to NYU as i haven received my scores for obvious reasons..
also i am kinda concerned with one extra year of fees dat u might havta pay..as its a 3 years course..don u think u will end up paying much more than any other dental school..should dat be a genuine criteria to decide whether one should apply to NYU or not..as after a lil discussion with a senior of mine he suggested that initially it looks ok to borrrow money,but anyways u havta return it back!!what u all guys say who are in NYU!! please enlighten all of us,,i am sure many people wud have this doubt in their head!!! anybody with me????
pan

hey dent 325

loan won be a problem at all............

cud u plz let us know ur raw scores? dat wil b a grt help to ppl who r appearing again.

what are my chances in nyu my scores are part1 87 & part2 78, toefl 94 and GPA 2.55 please guide me. thanking you all.

Hi Frnds... i have a part1 score of 87 n toelf 101, ECE 3.36..have applied last week for NYU..what r my chances?? n how long it takes to get application comfirmation reply from NYU???? thanks in advance...

Hi Everyone,

I have applied in NYU and my stats are:
1. NBDE PART1 87( new pattern)
2.TOEFL 90
3.G.P.A 3.88
so I want to ask you all what are my chances of getting in NYU.

Thanks and hope to hear from you soon

Nobody can tell what ur chances are except the school. If u meet their requirements then its fine. Gpa of 3.00 and above is required for nyu. But some plp did got an interview call with less than 3.00. It also depends on ur CV.

Please remember that 99% of the people on this site are still trying to get into a Dental School themselves. The remaining 1% do not have any idea about your chances of getting in as they have no affiliation with the admission department.
Hang in there. It's a matter of 'when' and not 'if'.

yeah..i do agree with ajay!!!!do apply..u never know what r ur chances!give it a shot!!!
good luck!:thumbup::thumbup:

Please remember that 99% of the people on this site are still trying to get into a Dental School themselves. The remaining 1% do not have any idea about your chances of getting in as they have no affiliation with the admission department.
Hang in there. It's a matter of 'when' and not 'if'.

hey cutedentist,
u do have a good chance....so i would highly encourage u to apply wherever possible
best,
fido!

Hi Everyone,

I have applied in NYU and my stats are:
1. NBDE PART1 87( new pattern)
2.TOEFL 90
3.G.P.A 3.88
so I want to ask you all what are my chances of getting in NYU.

Thanks and hope to hear from you soon

hi everyone...
did any one got an interview call yet from nyu..or an news???

hi everyone,
I don't know much about what NYU is looking for but I feel that people really aren't scoring that much lower on the new format. Does anyone else feel this way? Do you think that NYU is still going to require a minimum of 85??? By the scores posted so far I don't feel like that would be unreasonable, which is not good for me, but I'm just trying to see where I stand.

hey mini doc.... i know ppl have managed to get gud scores this yr.......all we can do is wait for nyu to begin interviews.........

wats ur score btw.......

I got an 84, which on the old scale is an 89 or 90. Even though people are scoring higher I feel that it's always around the 87 mark, or maybe that's just what people are posting. Also, I've seen more lower scores than last year. I guess we can just hope and wait.

I got an 84, which on the old scale is an 89 or 90. Even though people are scoring higher I feel that it's always around the 87 mark, or maybe that's just what people are posting. Also, I've seen more lower scores than last year. I guess we can just hope and wait.

i would appreciate if you can tell me if any source is available for 2007 or new format score conversion to 2006 or old format...

advance thanks

Well, by the conversion chart I just averaged the grades. Then if you look at another post someone stated that a class of american dental students, I forget the universty, scored an average of 5 points lower from the year prior. Now, since they haven't changed their admission criteria for the college students and I'm pretty sure they haven't changed their ENTIRE curriculum, I am assuming that the 5 point difference is reasonable.

http://dentistry.uic.edu/students/ex...Conversion.pdf

Just see ur percentile score(standard score) given in the table corresponding to the correct answers(raw score) number and take average.

do you realize you're citing a document almost 10 year old? that was true for the old format, not for the new one...pls don't mislead people by letting them believe that they will "adjust" in any way the old and the new format..in the end there are 'only' numbers...guess what they will choose........

??????????

i dont get it

my question is how can any one say that 84 score in new format (after 2007) is equivalent to 89 or 90 score in old format (prior to 2007)?

you're right, no one can say that:thumbup:

http://dentistry.uic.edu/students/ex...Conversion.pdf

Just see ur percentile score(standard score) given in the table corresponding to the correct answers(raw score) number and take average.

How can you take average because raw scores are different for each subject for the same percentile. If you take the average of four raw scores then you can not apply this conversion chat to new scores. how would you explain this

hey i hve nbd part1 86
gpa 4.00 toefl 100
can u tell me i hve any chance to get admission in2008

I gave Part1 3 times. Two times in old pattern and once in new pattern. I did not find any difference other than in the new pattern all the sections are mixed. First time in the old pattern i got 81, second time 85, third attempt in the new pattern i got 90.
hi..congs!! for scoring a 90 on new format..i gave my part 1 for the first time and got 82...i wanted some help..if you could pls tell me how to improve my score..how did you study..what all books to refer..thanks in advance..ple help..all the best for your future..thanks...

hey i hve nbd part1 86
gpa 4.00 toefl 100
can u tell me i hve any chance to get admission in2008

Hi,
You have a very good chance of being accepted at NYU.... Just do well in the interview...just be yourself, be honest and be confident in your interview and everything will be fine....
Hope to see you in class in June 2008...
:thumbup: Good Luck

hi first of all good luck to all those who have applied in NYU..guys lets do something..lets all of us know how many of us have applied in NYU...what we all will do is that we will post our replies depicting a serial no e.g i will start wih no 1 n the next person will post his/her reply with no 2...it will b a good idea to post our stats as well..here i go

1. Nimsandy
Stats- part1 -87 ; toefl- 107 ; gpa- 3.36
i hope everyone contributes here........

2. Indian dentist
89 new / 3.85 / 263

hi first of all good luck to all those who have applied in NYU..guys lets do something..lets all of us know how many of us have applied in NYU...what we all will do is that we will post our replies depicting a serial no e.g i will start wih no 1 n the next person will post his/her reply with no 2...it will b a good idea to post our stats as well..here i go

1. Nimsandy
Stats- part1 -87 ; toefl- 107 ; gpa- 3.36
i hope everyone contributes here........
hey.......nimsandy.....
u have very good stats, but why do u want to go to nyu.......
u have a very good chance at boston......
did u apply there & did u hear anything 4rm them

2. Indian dentist
89 new / 3.85 / 263
hey........M still confused that why r u applying 2 nyu..........
u have very good stats, so didn't u get any call 4rm boston with these stats???
i guess many people with 89 have been accepted in boston this year.......

did any1 hear frm nyu???any1 get an interview call???if yes can u plz post your stats here...with any experience u have in states or back home?

hey docnew york
i did apply in BU but did that in early dec..i guess m late for BU as most of seats must be nearly filled..keeping fingers crossed..r u already in NYU or applied? god luck to all

part1;87 toefl:103 gpa 3.8
i almost got 4 rejections
any chances in remaining universities...nyu,bu,ucol

hi Dr.Ajay.....gud to see u back!! i had written a mail to u and posted a scrap on orkut but dint hear back......u had given me a link to a clinical course u did from nyu .............i have got a very low score in part 1 - 83 and m planning to appear again and also thinking to join some dental related research which cud add on my resume...........cud u plz help me out in this matter ................eagerly waiting to hear frm ur side ( [email protected])

hi pls cud u guide me as well abt this clinical course and research how to get in one thnx

I calld up NYU. They are posting interview letters end of this week and interviews are from mid Jan onwards

hi pls cud u guide me as well abt this clinical course and research how to get in one thnx

hi! thats a 3 yr program called as ms in clinical dentistry but u have to pay a total fees of $30000 , and also take care of living expenses urself and moreover dr Ajay said that it doesnt guarantee an admission but improves ur chances a bit.

hope dis info helps

gud luk to all strugglers!