About NYU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
part1;87 toefl:103 gpa 3.8
i almost got 4 rejections
any chances in remaining universities...nyu,bu,ucol

hi nimsandy and miju.......u guys hav a very gud score for bu.........i know a guy who has alrdy been intrvwd and another with same stats has it in january

i think u shud call bu and ask bout the status of ur application!!

87 and 87+ guys please pray for ur admission in bu.....leave nyu for us poor chaps arround!:)

gud luk to all

Members don't see this ad.

I calld up NYU. They are posting interview letters end of this week and interviews are from mid Jan onwards
Hey,Not to disappoint anyone,but they said that they were posting the letters two weeks ago.But if they are posting the letters by this week,:D:D.Nothing better!

Hey,Not to disappoint anyone,but they said that they were posting the letters two weeks ago.But if they are posting the letters by this week,:D:D.Nothing better!
hey skd..........I saw ur post few months back in which u wrote that gpa matters to nyu more than part1 score.........
just wanted to ask that how much sure are u about this fact??
is it that a person with an average part1 score & gpa around 2.8 has very few chances of getting in nyu.........

Members don't see this ad :)
hey skd..........I saw ur post few months back in which u wrote that gpa matters to nyu more than part1 score.........
just wanted to ask that how much sure are u about this fact??
is it that a person with an average part1 score & gpa around 2.8 has very few chances of getting in nyu.........
Well,I came to know about it through a friend who got into NYU.Dunno much though except that with a GPA of 3.0 or more,chances are good to get in.

i called them 2 days back. they said they will send an e-mail to call for an interview and that will begin from jan only.

i called them 2 days back. they said they will send an e-mail to call for an interview and that will begin from jan only.
hey.....thanx 4 sharing the information........ hope everyone shares information like this, so that we all can know what is going around.......
hmmm....so, that means we all have 2 wait till jan now.......coz nyu has vacations till 2nd jan......
good luck 2 all

HI
I WANTS TO KNOW WHEN DO NEWYORK DENTAL SCHOOL BEGIN THE INTERVIEWS..:luck:
i am new to this forum..
hav just received my scores..
here it goes..
NBDE part1- 85
GPA 3.63
TOEFL 110
i hav applied to NYU, MN n BU
plz let me knw where i stand n wat r my chances of gettin accepted:confused:
thanx in anticipation:):luck:

hi guys...
does nyu send an application completion e mail before the interview or not?
please post when any of you gets an interview call.
nbde 87/82
toefl 113
gpa 3.92
1 year experience back home and 6 months of volunteer work here.
good luck to you all

hi guys...
does nyu send an application completion e mail before the interview or not?
please post when any of you gets an interview call.
nbde 87/82
toefl 113
gpa 3.92
1 year experience back home and 6 months of volunteer work here.
good luck to you all
hi.....well, nyu sends a post card when application is complete, but sometimes it doesn't send it too.
can u plz tell, what kind of volunteer work u did for 6 months & where.
good luck:)

Hey everyone!I just called NYU and they said that they have been sending out letters from Dec 21.So,did anyone get a letter?

hi
i just gave a call to nyu dental school to check the status of my application. they said its still under review and they are processing the applictions now and will send the invitations for interview through E-MAIL and not by regular mail.

hi
i just gave a call to nyu dental school to check the status of my application. they said its still under review and they are processing the applictions now and will send the invitations for interview through E-MAIL and not by regular mail.
I got the same answer about my application as well.But the person i spoke to did say that they started calling students for interviews since Dec 21

Members don't see this ad :)
hello Frnds,
I called up today and i was told that they started sending interviews calls os mails,whatever it is, 2 weeks back. My questions is that how NYU confirms abt one's application completion? Is it by mail or what else? And how long does it take?

when U call them, U can ask them if your application is complete. Thats the best way. They will ask your last name and first name and let you know your status.
Hope this helps.

BTW, did they tell you how many applicants in total this year? or did someone asked that...

BTW, did they tell you how many applicants in total this year? or did someone asked that...
Hi sharon9
I called them 3 weeks back and that time they told that my application is complete and when i called them today they said its not even processed yet,God know whats happening out there? I have no idea abt number of seats!!! BTW is your application complete and if yes how did they confirmed?

i got a post card saying that my application is complete. I dont know about others

i got a post card too saying my application is complete.

I got a postcard from NYU saying my national boards were missing a month ago. The ADA didn't send it to the 2 colleges I had requested for saying they didnt see it properly. So I called NYU today to find my file complete and is sent for review....thank god...
I had applied in sept and also requested scores from ADA long back and becoz of the scores missing, it was late. There was a very rude lady in ADA whom I talked over phone and had to call couple of times to make sure things were sent out. She was really really rude....looks like she needs some break....some warm weather from CA.:D

Hello guys.
When do NYU have their first interview date any one has any idea?????
We have heard all sorts of things from different people here.one said they will email us our interview invitation other said they have started sending snail mail. What i heard from them was they will start sending letters this week.. So what is correct, any one????? ....

i did receive a card 3 weeks ago with check marks indicating my missing documents (gpa,nbde and toelf) the rest of the packet was complete so i did wait 2 week giving time these organizations send out my scores and called them last week and they told me that my application was complete already.

hi
Does NYU send an email if we have any interview............pls answer.
thanking you.

i called and found out that nyu has already started sendin interview calls 2 weeks back...they would email n inform about the interview..the 1st would b on the 21st f jan n then they go uptil april.i hope that satisfies most of you...:)...stay positive n keep hopes high.:)

whenever any1 gets an inetrview call..please post with all your stats...i think that would help others who are waiting.thanx

Been a while since I visited this site..
What matters for NYU is your part 1 score (according to me). For people who say GPA of 3 is a must, I had 2.4 from ECE....though I also had 3.6 (or 3.8.. I don't remember) from WES which they do not accept.
I do not say that 85 is the absolute minimum because there may be a couple of people with score lesser than that. But to be frank, they would have done something else.....besides BDS. If they have people with 88 applying, why should they take in someone with an 84 if everything else on the resume is the same? Also remember that every college looks for diversity.

actually iam worried abt my GPA which is 2.82 from ece. can i get admission into schools wit dis gpa.some forums in sdn tell dat NYU n sum oder schools are particular abt gpa wich shld be 3 n above. is dat true?are dere any who got admission into schools wit less than 3 gpa.what do they consider part 1 r gpa .if i get gud score in part 1 is dat ok wit my gpa. Does NYU accept?

plz rply

past is past, u cannot in anyways improve ur gpa, what i would do in ur situation is just study and get good score in part 1. In fact mine is also below 3. Good luck.

actually iam worried abt my GPA which is 2.82 from ece. can i get admission into schools wit dis gpa.some forums in sdn tell dat NYU n sum oder schools are particular abt gpa wich shld be 3 n above. is dat true?are dere any who got admission into schools wit less than 3 gpa.what do they consider part 1 r gpa .if i get gud score in part 1 is dat ok wit my gpa. Does NYU accept?

plz rply

hi,
2.82.....hmmmnnn...itz under 3 but may not be that bad at all...i know nyu looks for gpa of 3 and above....but,still apply and see..what do u have to lose?

plz rply

hi,
2.82.....hmmmnnn...itz under 3 but may not be that bad at all...i know nyu looks for gpa of 3 and above....but,still apply and see..what do u have to lose?

Ha!! Fido.. participating...
hmmm interesting...

hi......I got my general evaluation done by ece with gpa of 3.14
but , as all universities demand course by course eval by ece, but my gpa on couse by course came out to be 2.8:(
do u know anyone who has had the same experience......
well, do u think this discerpency is normal? or there must be some mistake.
waiting 4 reply
thanx:)
]

hi it seems that u get a higher on a general ece report than the course by corse
i too got a 3.94 on general ece reportn
n i got 3.2 on coursr by course
so dont worry bout d discrepency

hey guys some people are giving me hopes to apply to NYU with my low score of 80 in new pattern ..what do u think i shud do? any comments?? although i have a GPA of 3.70 but is it so helpful? please be frank i wan know the real situation with your experience!!
thanks frens!!

hi guys..
am new to student doctor network..
struggling to get in some school ..:(
i have a question.. how are u guys filling in the application for NYU? Since we cant type in online.. do we have to use the typewriter? Also is it too late to send the application? PLs reply.. will appreciate a lot..

hi guys..
am new to student doctor network..
struggling to get in some school ..:(
i have a question.. how are u guys filling in the application for NYU? Since we cant type in online.. do we have to use the typewriter? Also is it too late to send the application? PLs reply.. will appreciate a lot..

Just print out the form and then write down with a ball pen and then fed ex it to them...deadline is feb 1st.

good luck...

hey guys some people are giving me hopes to apply to NYU with my low score of 80 in new pattern ..what do u think i shud do? any comments?? although i have a GPA of 3.70 but is it so helpful? please be frank i wan know the real situation with your experience!!
thanks frens!!

According to me u should take part1 again..and improve ur score..
first time i got 84...didnt get a single interview...
now i improved it to 88
and have got 5 interviews as of now...
good luck...
this is my personal opinion but i think u must improve ur score

Hi perio
there is no need to type ..u can fill it with pen but everything shd be in capital letters..you can send it now,there is still enough time for deadline..good luck

Hi!
To all of you waiting... I think the interview is begining on 22 january!( 2 batches per week... probab tueday n thursday) will probably go on for 9 weeks and abt 120 seats.......
Dont bother me about the veracity of above!( No PM abt this plzz!)
Believe it if you want to!!!!!!!:)
and most imp!!!!
ALL THE BEST TO ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!:thumbup:

Just print out the form and then write down with a ball pen and then fed ex it to them...deadline is feb 1st.

good luck...

hey thanks for the reply.. appreciate that..good luck to u as well!

Hi perio
there is no need to type ..u can fill it with pen but everything shd be in capital letters..you can send it now,there is still enough time for deadline..good luck

Hi inddoc,
thanks for the reply.. i was wondering if everybody else is typing! But pen is sure the easy way to go.. good luck to u too!

Hi!
To all of you waiting... I think the interview is begining on 22 january!( 2 batches per week... probab tueday n thursday) will probably go on for 9 weeks and abt 120 seats.......
Dont bother me about the veracity of above!( No PM abt this plzz!)
Believe it if you want to!!!!!!!:)
and most imp!!!!
ALL THE BEST TO ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!:thumbup:
hey...could u pls tell me that how many students will be there per batch for interview!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hi any reapplicants who have applied again to nyu?? i was waitlisted last year and reactivated my application in july....will they call again for interview?

thankx

hi any reapplicants who have applied again to nyu?? i was waitlisted last year and reactivated my application in july....will they call again for interview?

thankx
hi......best of luck for ur admission this year.
can u plz tell when was ur application completed last year & when did u had an interview.
what were ur scores.
thanx

hi i had applied in mid jan nd was interviewed on 6 march.....my scores are 90 part 1 , 114 ibt nd 3.7 gpa......hope this helps.....are u a reapplicant too?

hi i had applied in mid jan nd was interviewed on 6 march.....my scores are 90 part 1 , 114 ibt nd 3.7 gpa......hope this helps.....are u a reapplicant too?
dr g ,
with such a good stat how come you didnt get inn ?
my stats are , part 1, 88 , ibt 99 , gpa 3.8 , and i am a reapplicant too

Hi,

I have applied in Ny, Boston in dec 2007 So when I will hear from them for any interview call.

Thanks and hope to hear from you soon.:confused:

So NYU says they have started sending emails for the interview call... only one person here has told us that he/she has got the interview where are the others?????

Please post your interview call with your stats.... it would really help calm some nerves of many who are waiting....

hey...could u pls tell me that how many students will be there per batch for interview!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi,
Last year there were about 10 students per batch for the interview...
Hope this helps...
Good Luck

Hello Guys,

I have applied in Ny in dec this year so when i would hear from them for any interview call.

Thanks

should the last year waitlisted candidate send NYU the waitlist letter too ..... or they can fetch it out frmm the last yr files ....

Hi,
Last year there were about 10 students per batch for the interview...
Hope this helps...
Good Luck

we were 6 people for interview last yr in one batch ....... this might help ....

we were 6 people for interview last yr in one batch ....... this might help ....
how many batches there will be per day.Nyu starting interviews on 21st jan.....interviews will be on every tuesday and thursday.i am wondering when will they fill their 125 seats......they have sent email for interviews to applicants who have applied earlier.they sent their first email on 4th of this month.

how many batches there will be per day.Nyu starting interviews on 21st jan.....interviews will be on every tuesday and thursday.i am wondering when will they fill their 125 seats......they have sent email for interviews to applicants who have applied earlier.they sent their first email on 4th of this month.
hi......well, can you be more elaborate on what u meant by "applicant's who have applied earlier"...Do, u mean the reapplicant's or people who applied early in sep.
thanx