Accept then reject

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ZTown

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you get into a school and tell them yes, then get into a better school. Can you withdraw your offer.

Members don't see this ad.

Why not? You haven't signed a contract, have you? :p

Members don't see this ad :)
ZTown said:
If you get into a school and tell them yes, then get into a better school. Can you withdraw your offer.

Yes you can, but you will likely lose any deposit you put down to hold a spot (or at least a portion of it).

ZTown said:

Haha, of course you can :) I'm sure a waitlisted applicant would love to take that seat off your hands! Hmmm, I wonder how many other applicants are holding onto acceptances like you this late in the game?

ZTown said:

Oh vanity, vanity!!! Ztown you can but you have to be diplomatic about it so as to not leave a bad impression. That is, know what to tell the current school so that they don't feel inferior. Bonne chance monsieur. Ha ha ha :scared:

TUNDE said:
Oh vanity, vanity!!! Ztown you can but you have to be diplomatic about it so as to not leave a bad impression. That is, know what to tell the current school so that they don't feel inferior. Bonne chance monsieur. Ha ha ha :scared:

How is that funny?

ZTown said:
Don't listen to the others here. Once you accepted an offer, you MUST go to that school. If you renege on your acceptance and go to another pharmacy school and that school finds out what you did, they will kick you out. No questions asked!

Seriously, you better stay where you're at

Caverject said:
Don't listen to the others here. Once you accepted an offer, you MUST go to that school. If you renege on your acceptance and go to another pharmacy school and that school finds out what you did, they will kick you out. No questions asked!

You know - I think he was joshing... ;)

Caverject said:

Did this happen to someone you know? What do you mean by "they will kick him out"? I wonder where you get your info. Schools are aware that candidates apply to multiple schools. So, they make room for such situations. The only thing is that he will forefeit his downpayment. Even if what you are saying is true, how would the other school find out?

It might cost you. I had to send Wingate $500 within a week of acceptance to reserve my seat. I sent the check and 2 weeks later I got my acceptance letter from UF. :mad: $500 down the drain.

Well Im not worried about the money, but I hope they dont kick me out? Is that guy serious.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, he's probably serious.

The important question is, is he correct? My guess: no.

Seveneighty said:
Yeah, he's probably serious.

The important question is, is he correct? My guess: no.
you're from Canada! What would you know about the way pharmacy schools are run south of the border?!?

Oh wait...Cana-DUH!

More than you, apparently?

A friend of mine just recently declined a school and go to another one. Classes start in 3 weeks. I have no doubts there are many people like her. That's why every school have a waitlist. You have nothing to worry about.

Do the right thing and at least tell the first school that accepted you that you will not be attending. For the life of me I can not understand why some students never tell the first school they are not coming.

Be polite, call and/or write a letter thanking them for the acceptance but respectfully decline their offer. You will lose any security deposit...but if you want use of your money....go to that school. Otherwise, just figure it as the cost of doing business.

What if you've already started your 2nd-choice school when you get pulled off the waitlist to your 1st-choice?

roybears said:
What if you've already started your 2nd-choice school when you get pulled off the waitlist to your 1st-choice?

Then you're already in pharmacy school. You can't be in two schools at once!

Hahhahaha yea I agree with ageldred. You're stuck with your 2nd choice. Being accepted to any pharmacy school is an honor and your goal is to get the necessary education to be a pharmacist anyway. Don't fuss too much over the school.

Mangosteen said:
Hahhahaha yea I agree with ageldred. You're stuck with your 2nd choice. Being accepted to any pharmacy school is an honor and your goal is to get the necessary education to be a pharmacist anyway. Don't fuss too much over the school.

Not true. This is a free country and as such...you have every right to drop out of one school to attend another. Be aware that this free choice comes with a hefty price tag. If you do a search on this forum....you will find in past years that there have been candidates that have been in the middle of classes at one school and dropped out to attend a different one. (ie. Couple of years ago someone name Jason dropped out of UOP to attend UCSF). I think he ended up losing several thousand dollars in the process. :eek: Whatever makes you happy.

I think that many people tell one school they will attend but end up rejecting after they were accepted to another school of their choice. This is why several people are still being taken off waitlists even now. One person has to decline their agreed acceptance to a school and then can the school accept the candidate on the waitlist. I've just read on some of the other threads that UT has recently just accepted candidates off the waiting list. As recent as today, posted by one of the members. Make one of those alternate listed candidates at your current school happy. Can I take your spot please? :D

Oh or better yet, call UT anonymously and tell them your situation. Ask them if there is anything wrong with switching schools.

doydoy said:
I think that many people tell one school they will attend but end up rejecting after they were accepted to another school of their choice. This is why several people are still being taken off waitlists even now. One person has to decline their agreed acceptance to a school and then can the school accept the candidate on the waitlist. I've just read on some of the other threads that UT has recently just accepted candidates off the waiting list. As recent as today, posted by one of the members. Make one of those alternate listed candidates at your current school happy. Can I take your spot please? :D

gimpsd said:
Not true. This is a free country and as such...you have every right to drop out of one school to attend another. Be aware that this free choice comes with a hefty price tag. If you do a search on this forum....you will find in past years that there have been candidates that have been in the middle of classes at one school and dropped out to attend a different one. (ie. Couple of years ago someone name Jason dropped out of UOP to attend UCSF). I think he ended up losing several thousand dollars in the process. :eek: Whatever makes you happy.

Transferring in the middle of pharmacy school..yea I would agree that would have to be on a case by case basis. Whatever makes you happy....family obligations, public school tuition, etc. are all huge factors.