-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Acceptance based on 90+ hours?
Started by tvelocity514
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
You'll need your bachelor'sI was wondering if anyone knew how rare it was to get accepted to medical school after 90 hours. Both medical schools in my state of SC accept "exceptional" students after 90 hours of coursework. This means that I wouldn't get a degree which is fine. I was wondering if anyone knew the chances that this could happen? I would have around a 3.8gpa from an honors college and I have good leadership and experience (200 hrs free med. clinic, shadowing, started special needs camp, and have a lot of leadership positions). MCAT - 32. I will have good recs too. I just wanted to see if someone could tell me to not even apply because theres no chance or if i have a decent chance based on what you know. Thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm pretty sure your acceptance is contingent on you getting your degree.I was wondering if anyone knew how rare it was to get accepted to medical school after 90 hours. Both medical schools in my state of SC accept "exceptional" students after 90 hours of coursework ( so after your 3rd year in college). I'll have like 120 though. This means that I wouldn't get a degree which is fine. I was wondering if anyone knew the chances that this could happen? I would have around a 3.8gpa from an honors college and I have good leadership and experience (200 hrs free med. clinic, shadowing, started special needs camp, and have a lot of leadership positions). MCAT - 32. I will have good recs too. I just wanted to see if someone could tell me to not even apply because theres no chance or if i have a decent chance based on what you know. Thanks!
Umm, to the OP: you will still have to have your bachelors degree to matriculate unless something really strange is going on. The 90 hours deal works for anyone who applies after their junior year of college.
To answer your question - lots of people get accepted with 90 or so hours.
To answer your question - lots of people get accepted with 90 or so hours.
This actually occurs rarely for vet school. I know it is "possible" for a couple of medical schools, but they almost always want you to complete your bachelors. i.e. never occurs.
My school allows you to go to MD/DO programs after 90 hours. As soon as you graduate said MD/DO, they mail you your bachelor's diploma. I don't know of anyone that has matriculated after 90 hours, however.
I'm in the MD/DO/PhD/MPH program and I'm only a sophomore.
yeah thats what i heard nycms, thanks and idk how to respond to you centrigeugle seeing as your reply has nothing to do with my question lol
Typical premed gunner.
I'm in the MD/DO/PhD/MPH program and I'm only a sophomore.
Typical premed gunner.
lololololololololololol
Not the same thing.I'm in the MD/DO/PhD/MPH program and I'm only a sophomore.
wow are you guys serious?
My teacher for Princeton Review got into the WashU MD program (Canadian Applicant) with only 90 credit hours, the 41S MCAT probably helped though.
In general though I think all schools require at least bachelors degree, so to get in with 90 credit hours you need to finish your bachelors in less than 4 years.
In general though I think all schools require at least bachelors degree, so to get in with 90 credit hours you need to finish your bachelors in less than 4 years.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
2
235788
My teacher for Princeton Review got into the WashU MD program (Canadian Applicant) with only 90 credit hours, the 41S MCAT probably helped though.
In general though I think all schools require at least bachelors degree, so to get in with 90 credit hours you need to finish your bachelors in less than 4 years.
yeah ofcourse everyone knows someone who is an exception. Don't count on it OP.
wow are you guys serious?
![]()
Did I just get reverse-double-trolled?
DAMN IT
DAMN IT
Similar threads
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 5K