Accepted Iowa's Offer! 2 questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rular06

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I got my acceptance letter from Iowa Dental and it is my top choice. Just wanted to thank everyone for all their help. I don’t post a lot (or ever) but I used posted information, and it feels like cheating not to at least acknowledge and thank all the help this site gave me. Yay! So, so excited!!

One question:
Is there anything I can start doing now to prepare for dental school curriculum? My college works on trimesters and I can make my final trimester pretty free. Let me know what I can do to make the transition into dental academia easier. (Some background: I'm taking a hand-form ceramics class right now. I'm planning on taking cadaver dissection and maybe a personal finance course next term.)

Thanks again!

R

Members don't see this ad.

Don't do anything. I was a hardcore gunner and started memorizing Netter's and Grant anatomy atlases during the summer. For all the work I put in, it was worth around 2 weeks of lectures. I didn't know which structures were emphasized so I just studied broadly and memorized stuff I didn't need to know and then glossed over stuff that were pretty important. Plus, they give you plenty of time in dental school to memorize this stuff. The pace wasn't very demanding and I just ended up playing a lot of video games during the school year.

If I got to do it over again, I would have just installed that Tinder app and become the town drunk.

Reactions: 1 users