Accepted to VCU dental?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SugarNaCl

Dental Student
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you who have been accepted or know of anyone who has been accepted to VCU Dental School...would you mind giving me your stats? I'm trying to see how I measure up. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I appreciate the effort...I have looked at predents, but that stuff is skewed. For instance, only about 14 people from VCU responded and I would bet they were as anal as most on this site. I'm looking for real personal stats from real people who were accepted for the 2006 cycle. Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
SugarNaCl said:
I appreciate the effort...I have looked at predents, but that stuff is skewed. For instance, only about 14 people from VCU responded and I would bet they were as anal as most on this site. I'm looking for real personal stats from real people who were accepted for the 2006 cycle. Thanks

Wow, if I had a douchebag list, you would definitely be on it. You do realize that you just insulted the very people you are attempting to elicit help from right? Last time I checked, name calling was not the best way to get help from your future classmates and colleagues. I would recommend giving this a quick read through before you interview this fall as you're obviously lacking in people skills: Required Reading. You're probably right about predents.com though...I'm sure that instead of actual dental students, it's just a bunch of middle schoolers who log onto predents.com during study hall and create false profiles complete with GPA, DAT, extracurriculars, undergrad instutition, and state residence information just to screw up the statistics. I mean, that would be way more fun than say...looking at pictures of Carmen Electra or watching south park clips on youtube. There definitely aren't any "real" profiles on there...if you want "real" stats from "real" people, I think you're gonna have to hit the mean streets of Richmond and do some "real" personal interviews with "real" dental students. For real.

HermeytheElf said:
Wow, if I had a douchebag list, you would definitely be on it. You do realize that you just insulted the very people you are attempting to elicit help from right? Last time I checked, name calling was not the best way to get help from your future classmates and colleagues. I would recommend giving this a quick read through before you interview this fall as you're obviously lacking in people skills: Required Reading. You're probably right about predents.com though...I'm sure that instead of actual dental students, it's just a bunch of middle schoolers who log onto predents.com during study hall and create false profiles complete with GPA, DAT, extracurriculars, undergrad instutition, and state residence information just to screw up the statistics. There definitely aren't any "real" profiles on there...if you want "real" stats from "real" people, I think you're gonna have to hit the mean streets of Richmond and do some "real" personal interviews with "real" dental students. For real.

Its true though, there are a ton of anal people on this forum and it doesn't give a real outlook of scores and stats. Give the guy a break

I was just assuming in my post that many of you are like me. I am anal on the topic of dental school, and I think everyone who is serious should be. I have done all the research I can, agonizing over this whole process for well over a year now...nitpicking on all the details...I know...I'm living it! All I am saying is that some people don't care as much, GPAs may not be as high as in this forum and DAT scores either. Sorry if I offended anyone. This wasn't my intent. Please if you have any info and are willing to share, post. Thanks

SugarNaCl said:
I was just assuming in my post that many of you are like me. I am anal on the topic of dental school, and I think everyone who is serious should be. I have done all the research I can, agonizing over this whole process for well over a year now...nitpicking on all the details...I know...I'm living it! All I am saying is that come people don't care as much, GPAs may not be as high as in this forum and DAT scores either. Sorry if I offended anyone. This wasn't my intent. Please if you have any info and are willing to share, post. Thanks

It seems I may have been to quick to criticize you. Anyone who can respond to criticism with such an open mind is ok in my book. My apologies and good luck with getting into VCU.

I was granted an interview with VCU. I had a 3.0 cumulative gpa, 3.37 science gpa, 22/22/21 on my DAT and I am out-of-state. I also did a post-bac program with i got a 3.8 gpa and had 400+ hours of observation at a dental office and did 150 hours of observation at a dental lab...