Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Accessories during interview

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by rx22, Mar 28, 2007.

1. rx22

rx22 Junior Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    I have a question that might seem small but I just wanted to know what do girls carry during the interview.. i have a leather portfolio kinda thing...can I take that? a purse? or nothing?
    and also.. hair.. is it ok if hair till the shoulders are groomed and left down? or do they have to be put up?
    thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. RX student

RX student NSU-WPB campus
    2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    For 1 interview I carried my purse and a leather portfolio thing. I was the only girl, so I felt kinda weird with a purse. I didn't need anything, but atleast I was prepared. For interview 2 I only carried the leather portfolio, but every girl except me carried a purse. As for my hair, I wore it down (it's below my shoulders). So, whatever you feel comfortable carrying. I think it's kinda nice carrying a purse b/c if you don't have any pockets then you can still carry some mints. Good luck!

4. pharmk011

5+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    I carried a purse and a portfolio. At my interview, very few people had portfolios, and I didn't use mine at all since they give you a folder with all of the information you need... so it was just another thing to carry. I only interviewed at one place though so I don't know what is typical. I liked having the purse for mints, chapstick and whatever else.

5. MokaBear

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    i carried a purse and black leather portfolio as well. the portfolio came in handy when at the interview day, they also gave u additional folders or papers and i can just put them all inside the portfolio when i leave or move around. at my last interview, i asked for the interviewers' info and the student interview didn't have a card, so i let her conveniently write down her email in the paper notepad which was part of the portfolio. but for my other interviews, my portfolio wasn't much of a use except carrying school infomation papers, but i find being prepared and ready for any given situation is good. i see many girls carry purse and others with portfolios so it depends on girls. at western u's interview day, we were given free time to talk, eat stuff, go to bathroom, when we were waiting around for our interview or for others to finish interview so you can go to the bathroom and do any touchups or make sure you look your best before you go to your interview.

6. piyi

5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    I carried a small purse and wore my hair up. I interviewed at USN and saw a lot of girls there with bigger purses, and almost everyone else wore their hair down. Me and my sister discussed how I should wear my hair. She said that when she interviewed for med school, almost everyone wore their hair up; she also thought it would look more professional that way. But I guess it really doesn't matter as long as you're comfortable, and it still looks nice.