Adding AP classes to AMCAS - How to List?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lesil

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got AP credit for Psychology and Calculus. On my official transcript, it lumps them together at total transfer credit accepted: 16.0. However, on my unofficial transcript it shows that I got credit for 7 different math classes and 1 psychology class for Spring 2010, the semester before I started. Should I enter it the way it's listed in my unofficial transcript? Should I separate each math class?

Example for unofficial transcript
Year: 2009-2010
Term: Spring 2010
Year in school: Freshman?
Course Number: MATH 117
Course Name: Calculus BC Score of 4++
Classification: Math
Grade: *blank* (this is listed as TS on my unofficial transcript, but it's probably safer to leave it blank)
Credit Hours: 1.00

Or should I do it more like the video:
Year: 2010-2011
Term: Fall 2010
Year in school: Freshman
Course Number: *blank*
Course Name: Advanced Placement Program: Calculus
Classification: Math
Grade: *blank*
Credit Hours: 13??

Or should I do a mix of the two?

Members don't see this ad.

List them exactly as they are listed on the transcript.

I had like 30 credits that were called "AP General Elective Credit." And that is what I put.

If it isn't separate on the official transcript than AMCAS has no way to verify if those were really the courses or if you were just putting whatever you want

List them exactly as they are listed on the transcript.

I had like 30 credits that were called "AP General Elective Credit." And that is what I put.

If it isn't separate on the official transcript than AMCAS has no way to verify if those were really the courses or if you were just putting whatever you want
The problem is that if I put "Advanced Placement Program" I can't put different classifications for Calculus and Psychology, and it's required. Should I just put the classification as "other"? All it says it "Advanced Placement Program. Total Transfer Credit Accepted: 16.0." Plus it doesn't say when it was awarded. Should I just put Fall 2010, my first semester?

The problem is that if I put "Advanced Placement Program" I can't put different classifications for Calculus and Psychology, and it's required.
Yeah, I know. I got 5s on both AP English courses and I had to take an online English class after applying just because my transcript didn't explicitly state AP English.

You can ask your school if there is an official transcript that delineates which AP courses you took, but AMCAS cannot verify what is not written on the transcript

(If there is a special way around this AP credit requirement, I am not aware of it)