Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,
I am a Canadian and currently applying this cycle to U.S MD and D.O schools. I wanted to get some insight into whether I need/should address a lower MCAT retake score in my secondaries (when questions are appropriate).
I took the MCAT 3 times in total over 3 summers.
1st score: PS:11 VR:9 BS:10 WS: M 30M
2nd score: PS12 VR:7 BS:10 WS: Q 29Q
3rd score: PS:12 VR:9 BS: 12 33
I received a 9 on my first attempt with 1 month of VR practice. I decided to retake due to my low writing score, and with 3 months of VR practice I ended up with a 7VR 🙁.
Does anyone think this is a red flag and should be address somewhere? I don't have a strong explanation but the proctor during my 2nd test kept walking into my view during VR and it really disrupted my thought process. I feel like mentioning this would only be an excuse.
I am a Canadian and currently applying this cycle to U.S MD and D.O schools. I wanted to get some insight into whether I need/should address a lower MCAT retake score in my secondaries (when questions are appropriate).
I took the MCAT 3 times in total over 3 summers.
1st score: PS:11 VR:9 BS:10 WS: M 30M
2nd score: PS12 VR:7 BS:10 WS: Q 29Q
3rd score: PS:12 VR:9 BS: 12 33
I received a 9 on my first attempt with 1 month of VR practice. I decided to retake due to my low writing score, and with 3 months of VR practice I ended up with a 7VR 🙁.
Does anyone think this is a red flag and should be address somewhere? I don't have a strong explanation but the proctor during my 2nd test kept walking into my view during VR and it really disrupted my thought process. I feel like mentioning this would only be an excuse.