Advice about sGPA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

funnymedstudent

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello SDN,

I'm currently looking at how my GPA would be calculated after each year...

I know AMCAS does a year by year GPA but does that go by credits?

I'm curious because I was calculating my BCPM GPA

freshmen year I did really well and got a 3.8-3.9ish

sophomore year I had a grandparent pass away and it dropped immensely (around a 2.6-2.7ish)

I've been doing well junior year.. did OK last semester (All A's and a C), and am on track to get a 4.0 this semester so I'm looking at a 3.5-3.6ish BCPM for my junior year

Senior year I am taking more upper division classes... I know how to study efficiently and have been doing better with counseling.

But if they see my GPA by year,

it'll be
freshman: 3.8-3.9
sophomore: 2.78
junior: 3.5-3.6ISH
senior: idk

Is this not an upwards trend? Wouldn't that huge GPA dip look bad? Will it still make a difference? How will they view this? Obviously not favoritvely but am I screwed?

Members don't see this ad.

You're not screwed, just keep moving forward. Granted, the dip doesn't look great and you may be asked about it in the future. However, you were able to pick right back up, so just make sure you continue to improve your senior year not only for your sGPA/cGPA but as well as for your overall application.

Reactions: 1 user
You're not screwed, just keep moving forward. Granted, the dip doesn't look great and you may be asked about it in the future. However, you were able to pick right back up, so just make sure you continue to improve your senior year not only for your sGPA/cGPA but as well as for your overall application.
This.
/thread

Reactions: 1 users