Advice for memorizing anatomy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

numbersloth

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone got any tips for memorizing anatomy? Drawing flow-charts helps me but I'm still having trouble keeping everything in my head!

Members don't see this ad.

anki image occlusion. seriously great way to study anatomy in my opinion

Reactions: 1 users
I printed a million copies of diagrams/models online and practiced labeling them

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Mnemonics. The kinkier, the better.

Reactions: 3 users
Just spend some time each day with the diagrams and try quizzing yourself as you go along instead of just reading the labels. This is what has worked well for me so far with UG Anatomy, but I'm also a predominately visual learner. Mneumonics are also helpful for commonly grouped things.

Agree with labeling. And drawing out processes for phys. Helps you figure out what you do and don't know.

Anatomy Drill and Practice

These quizzes were (are) super helpful for me in understanding spatial relationships and they are entertaining enough not to get bored. Just a thought!

Edit: screwed up and didn't type any text.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 users
writing everything. I with through 2 and a half notebooks dedicated solely to rewriting words in certain orders and it was a pretty time consuming way of studying but it worked for me.

Some things that worked for me:
  • quizlet has an option to make a game out of your flashcards!
  • try making your own sporcle quizzes
  • draw everything out with some funky colors
  • just write everything. get a dry erase board and write and write and write.

Flashcards, flash cards, and flash cards. I would recommend quizlet or Anki if you want something more powerful.

Making the flashcard alone helps with the learning process. Reviewing them whenever you have downtime is the key (waiting for class to start, on the bus, in line for food, etc).