This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

soontobedoc98

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I am applying this cycle and currently working on my secondaries. I am referencing MSAR for my schools and noticed a few things

Some specify that they PREFER committee letters, while others say "Accepted" for committee letters, letter packet, etc.

I am still waiting on a LOR writer but should have it soon but for the committee letter I will likely be complete in about a week or two

1) would it be smart for me to ask my school to upload a letter packet with all letters and send it to the schools that "accept" it and do NOT prefer a committee letter? This would allow me to be complete much faster. Does this make sense?

2) After I submit a letter packet for one school, can I submit the committee letter for other schools? I was going to submit the letter packet to the schools that do not care and say "accepted" for each one and submit the committee letter for the schools that state they prefer a committee letter

I am using MSAR for my sources.

Is this a good idea? Please let me know. Sorry if it is a dumb question. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

You should already know if your prehealth advisor sends out letter packets or committee letters and started that process in the winter. They should already tell you how their letter packets are sent to all the schools you apply to. You cannot rush them in their process unless you want a less than optional result for the sake of you meeting some arbitrary deadline.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
You should already know if your prehealth advisor sends out letter packets or committee letters and started that process in the winter. They should already tell you how their letter packets are sent to all the schools you apply to. You cannot rush them in their process unless you want a less than optional result for the sake of you meeting some arbitrary deadline.

Thank you. They do both lol

Reactions: 1 user