Advice to Raise GPA- Gap Year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

inna94

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone,

I am entering my last semester of undergrad with a BS in Bio. My cumulative GPA is 3.6, but science GPA is lower about 3.4. I will be taking a Gap year, should I take some undergrad courses to raise the GPA, since I will be applying in the summer (they wont really affect my GPA until after application process), or should I get some shadowing hours in. Any other recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I also did not take Human Anatomy or Physiology. My school offers Comparitive Anatomy and Physiology, I also took Advanced Animal Physiology. Should I take human anatomy and physiology at community? I am currently in a 4 year university. Thanks in advance.
 
Your GPA would be good enough to get you in somewhere. I wouldn't stress out too much about that. If you really want to take science classes to improve your science GPA, your best bet would still be to take them at a 4 year.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you everyone, since I will not be taking human anatomy or physiology, would auditing the class be recommended ? I will not receive credit for it, but think it will come in handy.