AEGD/GPR program advice needed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fa2323

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I really need help deciding which program I should choose to apply to in a few months.

Background: I'm a 3rd year dental student at UMKC. I have an ok GPA. I never wanted to specialize but I really love root canals so I would love to attend a post-doc program that is heavy on root canals, prosth, implants and maybe esthetics? But mainly, I want to learn more about endodontics.

I am also afraid of wasting my time, so I am seeking advice from individuals who have attended a GPR or AEGD programs that think they are worth it! I don't mind moving out of Kansas City, btw.

Any advice is much appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Sounds like you want an all well rounded experience then go to AEGD

But if you want to get good at emergency triage and emergency endo/ext then go to a GPR (another downside is you may not get to finish the root canal since being on call is to resolve acute pain which ends up pulpectomy anyway)

You should look into the San Diego VA GPR program. I am currently finishing up the program and honestly, I would say its the strongest program in the country for endo. I actually just posted a review of the program for those applying this year so you should go check it out for more information.