Affirmative Action Case and Medical School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, demonstrating implicit beliefs about URM's. Wow, the evidence is mounting.

Ah but one could say the same about your anti-ORM antics.

Gotta be prepared for douchebags. amirite? Likewise with your so-called "arguments."

So you go ahead and "beatdown" anyone thats a douchebag (a.k.a you don't agree with) IRL right?

Members don't see this ad :)
Ah but one could say the same about your anti-ORM antics.

So you go ahead and "beatdown" anyone thats a douchebag (a.k.a you don't agree with) IRL right?

No one is this stubborn in real life (for me, at least) and I surround myself with healthy, happy, and intelligent individuals. We argue with intelligence and rationality, rather than petty emotions.

Yup, only I am an ORM, so.....

Great, so am i. Look obviously i can't change the way you feel, and vice versa so lets just stop this back and forth non sense and agree to disagree.

No one is this stubborn in real life (for me, at least) and I surround myself with healthy, happy, and intelligent individuals. We argue with intelligence and rationality, rather than petty emotions.

I don't Presse, with that avatar of yours?
article-1288367-0A226E5C000005DC-127_468x286.jpg

Looks like someone forgot to take their after-breakfast enemas. You are as butthurt as you claim it is.

You suck at arguments and continually rest on the contention that it is a huge social injustice. Even after we have brought up points about the greater good, closing gaps in the US, relative racism, views from the media, etc., you fail to attack the particular arguments. I have also made several rebuttals about URMs often having very competitive scores to matriculate into top schools, but you ignored that too. You are just not focusing on key issues and using the same contention for an opposition--I would have fried you in Lincoln-Douglas debates.

Beatdown on Hemorrhage. Everyone join in.

You really do don't ya? These posts are prime examples of intelligence and rationality

You really do don't ya? These posts are prime examples of intelligence and rationality

O yeah. Can't you see it? In the entirety of this thread, I contributed what I could to those who were sane and rational and not making personal attacks on groups of people. When my patience ran out, I gave myself a little leverage.

I hope I can get into a school with cool people like flodhi, la presse, theWhat, etc....maybe a HoldtMD for those lonely nights, and a Verum and hemmorage just for kicks

I hope I can get into a school with cool people like flodhi, la presse, theWhat, etc....maybe a HoldtMD for those lonely nights, and a Verum and hemmorage just for kicks

As long as there aren't any URM's...cuz we know they didn't earn it.

As long as there aren't any URM's...cuz we know they didn't earn it.

lol couldn't surpass in 10 years so didn't work hard enough :laugh: Oh lord the lack of compassion for disadvantaged and underserved communities is outright disturbing. Their version of helping disadvantaged populations is by saying, "You can look but you can't touch" LOL

lol couldn't surpass in 10 years so didn't work hard enough :laugh: Oh lord the lack of compassion for disadvantaged and underserved communities is outright disturbing. Their version of helping disadvantaged populations is by saying, "You can look but you can't touch" LOL

Yes really, it is disturbing. Don't forget these communities consist of more than just URM's.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes really, it is disturbing. Don't forget these communities consist of more than just URM's.

You wouldn't know anything about that you're a blatant racist and you've made not one or two but several racist remarks. Welcome to my ignore list now byeee

Amen.

You wouldn't know anything about that you're a blatant racist and you've made not one or two but several racist remarks. Welcome to my ignore list now byeee

Of course, because you just know everything about where i grew up don't you? And great thanks, i feel honored.

Of course, because you just know everything about where i grew up don't you? And great thanks, i feel honored.

Are background checks required before we can confirm somebody is being racist?

I really hope I see you on the interview trail. I am going to wear you out. That's a promise. ;)

You know, this debate is a bit one-sided primarily because its the 3 of you vs me.

You know, this debate is a bit one-sided primarily because its the 3 of you vs me.

You need to take a logic class bro...or at least familiarize yourself with basic argumentation theory.

You need to take a logic class bro...or at least familiarize yourself with basic argumentation theory.

Teach me great one. You know so much more than me i feel inferior in your presence. :laugh:

I really hope i see you guys on the interview trail. I want to see you convince the non-URM interviewee's that you are in some way superior.

Teach me great one. You know so much more than me i feel inferior in your presence. :laugh:

I really hope i see you guys on the interview trail. I want to see you convince the non-URM interviewee's that you are in some way superior.

You sound mad. Something I posted?

Goodnight ladies, it's been fun but sleep is more important.

Let me just summarize this thread before I go beddy-bye.

28280728.jpg

It's really hard for me to take the Urm side seriously when the main person arguing for it has a fixation on aliens. Sorry if I refuse to play into your disturbed analogy. No more sci fy channel for you..

Yes you did. We covered this a couple months ago when you were doing the same thing :thumbup:

You know how I know what to believe? I ask for specterGT's opinion and assume it's wrong, then base my beliefs on the opposite. So far it's worked quite well.

You know how I know what to believe? I ask for specterGT's opinion and assume it's wrong, then base my beliefs on the opposite. So far it's worked quite well.

Sorry. Your right. He is using the correct form of your. Their is probably a good explanation to back him up around here two :rolleyes:

Sorry. Your right. He is using the correct form of your. Their is probably a good explanation to back him up around here two :rolleyes:

I remember you paying a visit to the DO forum and telling people their chances were slim, including mine. Thank you for that, your arrogant/ignorant attitude really inspired me. Also your fear of disclosing your medical school.

Yes you did. We covered this a couple months ago when you were doing the same thing :thumbup:

Oh geez. Look its Specter the med student turned pre-med. Dude, you are already in medical school, why don't you just stay in the allopathic/osteopathic forums? I don't see why you constantly have the urge to come down here and harass everyone.

I remember you paying a visit to the DO forum and telling people their chances were slim, including mine. Thank you for that, your arrogant/ignorant attitude really inspired me. Also your fear of disclosing your medical school.

Chances for what exactly? If you were butthurt because you were told to bolster your app for a better chance well.... I'm not sorry :laugh: and reluctance to lose anonymity is not strange. Would you like me to link the SDN intro page which suggests this? If you want to pick a fight over nonsense, pick something better than grammar correction against a racist.

Congrats on AZCOM. Did you work on your app at all between that convo and this one?

Chances for what exactly? If you were butthurt because you were told to bolster your app for a better chance well.... I'm not sorry :laugh: and reluctance to lose anonymity is not strange. Would you like me to link the SDN intro page which suggests this? If you want to pick a fight over nonsense, pick something better than grammar correction against a racist.

Congrats on AZCOM. Did you work on your app at all between that convo and this one?

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Hey specter you can call me a racist if you want but don't mock other people for applying to D.O school. It makes you look worse than a URM accepted through AA. (Which is probably the only reason your overbearing a** got in)

Oh geez. Look its Specter the med student turned pre-med. Dude, you are already in medical school, why don't you just stay in the allopathic/osteopathic forums? I don't see why you constantly have the urge to come down here and harass everyone.

Its a weekend and I'm bored? :shrug: this thread has soooo much to do with pre-med affairs at this point. :rolleyes: come on hemi, we've been over this. The insinuation that pre meds are the only only ones who should be giving pre med advice is silly

Its a weekend and I'm bored? :shrug: this thread has soooo much to do with pre-med affairs at this point. :rolleyes: come on hemi, we've been over this. The insinuation that pre meds are the only only ones who should be giving pre med advice is silly

Then go study for your boards instead. I don't think theres as much AA flow in residency applications as there is in medical school apps.

Gotta be prepared for douchebags. amirite? Likewise with your so-called "arguments."

I don't mock people for applying DO. In fact I have recommended it for many applicants. So.... yeah you'd be right if you had any idea what you were talking about. Good thing we are par for the course on this one :laugh:

Then go study for your boards instead. I don't think theres as much AA flow in residency applications as there is in medical school apps.

Taking a break today. Why don't you worry about becoming a med student before you dole out advice on what to do with ones time as a med student ;)

I don't mock people for applying DO. In fact I have recommended it for many applicants. So.... yeah you'd be right if you had any idea what you were talking about. Good thing we are par for the course on this one :laugh:

The AZCOM comment seemed awfully sarcastic

Taking a break today. Why don't you worry about becoming a med student before you dole out advice on what to do with ones time as a med student ;)

Peer advice is actually quite common but hey you wouldn't know now would you?

The AZCOM comment seemed awfully sarcastic

Peer advice is actually quite common but hey you wouldn't know now would you?

No it was sincere.

Also nothing in my comment indicated that peer advice wasn't common. It only suggested that advice from people who have already been through it is also common. Pretty substantial difference there. You also aren't a peer yet so.... there's that ;)

No it was sincere.

Also nothing in my comment indicated that peer advice wasn't common. It only suggested that advice from people who have already been through it is also common. Pretty substantial difference there. You also aren't a peer yet so.... there's that ;)

Oh right. Because being 3-4 years into undergrad hasn't given me any experience on the pre-med process. Why don't you go worry about the next phase of your life rather than waste your time pissing me off

Let's just get back to how you think all black people are lazy. I'm not interested in derailing the thread with a discussion about how Cole is mad that I didn't pat him on his delicate poopar and tell him a low 20s and a 3.3 was a sure thing (or however that thread went) while giving you a chance to turn attention away from... oh yeah, you think all black people are lazy

Oh right. Because being 3-4 years into undergrad hasn't given me any experience on the pre-med process. Why don't you go worry about the next phase of your life rather than waste your time pissing me off

Again, I didn't say pre med to pre med advice was wrong. How are you not getting that? Do you need to go to "Derek Zoolanders school for kids who don't read good and want to learn to do other things good too"?

I was saying as a pre med you can't reasonably advise me on my time ;) you aren't MY peer. That's what I was saying

Let's just get back to how you think all black people are lazy. I'm not interested in derailing the thread with a discussion about how Cole is mad that I didn't pat him on his delicate poopar and tell him a low 20s and a 3.3 was a sure thing (or however that thread went) while giving you a chance to turn attention away from... oh yeah, you think all black people are lazy

I never said all black people are lazy. I know 2 people that are highly successful pre-meds at my university that carry stats way above mine (close to 4.0) and will most likely make top-20. Did they achieve this by being lazy? No. They study like crazy.

The URM student that has low stats and still expects to get in through AA is the lazy one. (I feel the same way about anyone else but this thread is focused on AA). I believe in hard work and dedication to achieve goals, not using skin color to gain an advantage.

Again, I didn't say pre med to pre med advice was wrong. How are you not getting that? Do you need to go to "Derek Zoolanders school for kids who don't read good and want to learn to do other things good too"?

I was saying as a pre med you can't reasonably advise me on my time ;) you aren't MY peer. That's what I was saying

You didn't make yourself clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.