Affirmative Action Case and Medical School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why exactly is that? Theres only one answer in my book: black people are less willing to work hard and achieve the stats white and asian applicants carry. .

I never said all black people are lazy.
I guess this statement has a different meaning?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Chances for what exactly? If you were butthurt because you were told to bolster your app for a better chance well.... I'm not sorry :laugh: and reluctance to lose anonymity is not strange. Would you like me to link the SDN intro page which suggests this? If you want to pick a fight over nonsense, pick something better than grammar correction against a racist.

Congrats on AZCOM. Did you work on your app at all between that convo and this one?

With 5 interview invites and a "low 20s" mcat (still not sure how 26 constitutes a low 20s mcat) id say i did pretty well. Considering the cycle isnt even over yet. You basically said my chances were slim, and "theres a boneyard of applications that adcoms through my application into".

Do you know why people refuse to give up information about themselves? Fear. They don't want to schools/people they know in real life to see how they treat others. So the schools don't realize they made a mistake. Only someone with something to hide has to remain completely anoymous. Simple as that. Leave the DO advice to me from now on and go find others to advise, besides prospective applicants. I don't need you deluding their head with crazy ideas, most applicants are insecure about their stats anyways no matter how high they are. Talking bad about their application is just ridiculous and you shouldn't even be allowed to post in the DO section after that. There's a huge difference between constructive criticism and just making an ass of yourself/putting others down for no reason.

As much as I dislike URM status, people like you are 100 times worse.

I never said all black people are lazy. I know 2 people that are highly successful pre-meds at my university that carry stats way above mine (close to 4.0) and will most likely make top-20. Did they achieve this by being lazy? No. They study like crazy.

The URM student that has low stats and still expects to get in through AA is the lazy one. (I feel the same way about anyone else but this thread is focused on AA). I believe in hard work and dedication to achieve goals, not using skin color to gain an advantage.

But most black people are lazy so we should probably get rid of AA? If you believe in hard work and dedication then why are you trying to tear down others who face their own unique challenges? It is abundantly clear you don't understand racial issues in this country. But if you're so obsessed with merit then why are you blaming others for your chances? If they really are admitting people with much lower stats and who are "less qualified" then shouldn't that make you look the better applicant anyway?

Members don't see this ad :)
With 5 interview invites and a "low 20s" mcat (still not sure how 26 constitutes a low 20s mcat) id say i did pretty well. Considering the cycle isnt even over yet. You basically said my chances were slim, and "theres a boneyard of applications that adcoms through my application into".

Do you know why people refuse to give up information about themselves? Fear. They don't want to schools/people they know in real life to see how they treat others. So the schools don't realize they made a mistake. Only someone with something to hide has to remain completely anoymous. Simple as that. Leave the DO advice to me from now on and go find others to advise, besides prospective applicants. I don't need you deluding their head with crazy ideas, most applicants are insecure about their stats anyways no matter how high they are. Talking bad about their application is just ridiculous and you shouldn't even be allowed to post in the DO section after that. There's a huge difference between constructive criticism and just making an ass of yourself/putting others down for no reason.

As much as I dislike URM status, people like you are 100 times worse.

Ok :rolleyes: I remember that thread now. Good for you and your invites. If you recall correctly I said I didn't care either way how you did. My point in that thread was to advise people to avoid complacency. A 26 is fine but it is important to not act like it is a sure thing. THAT is what I said and you locked your buttcheecks around that one comment and held on for dear life. For the life of me I can't figure out why you took it so personally. Grow up.

And Cole, buddy... I just simply cannot overstate this: your personal opinion of me means absolutely nothing. Especially in light of your aforementioned grudge, butthurt, and this silly notion that your relative level of success has any impact at all on what I said in that thread.

Last edited:
I thought this belonged here:

28281147.jpg

@HEMMORAGE

you seem experienced in performing this kind of act in real life- as if you couldn't be any more stereotypical

No one wants to argue with you anymore, not because they have no arguments, but the fact that your arguments are nonsensical, nonsensitive, ill-mannered and just plain dumb. All you do is make fun of people sarcastically and mention stereotypes/racism and worst of all that makes you think that you are right. You have posted too much.

I don't care whether you are a racist or not, but with your attitude, you have this superiority complex going on and I WOULD NEVER WANT YOU TO BE MY DOCTOR. Tone down your ego a bit--there is more to being a doctor than stats. And maybe that is why we don't want ORM's such as yourself in the medical field. In general (pardon my observation), asians ,such as yourself are anti-social and all they care about are stats. You were raised thinking that numbers mean everything and that is the source of your line of thinking in this forum. We need doctors NOT like you. We need doctors that don't give themselves too much arrogance because they had the stats. We need doctors who actually listen to the patients and understand where they come from and their lines of thinking. We need black doctors for black patients, we need hispanic doctors for hispanic patients. Those are the doctors that will best suit those racial populations. Those are the doctors that will be more understanding--not you.

I dont want to see you become a doctor, you are way too ill-mannered to be one. You remind me of "christina from Greys Anatomy". Smart doctor with stats, horrible bed-side manner. Healthcare doesn't need people like you. I am not saying that all asians shouldn't be in healthcare, I JUST MEAN PEOPLE OF ALL RACES LIKE YOU.

Because of the emphasis that you put on stats, you think that doctors with better stats make better doctors. Stop lying to yourself. If affirmative action and selection based on other factors that are not numbers end, healthcare will be devastated by people like you. Good stats (I'm sure you have them). We need affirmative action..period. URM's will not rise to this pathetic emphasis on grades that you have. Mainly because the average African American IQ is 85, and that isn't going to spontaneously increase (its probably genetic, if not it would have to do with their young education). The Average URM GPA and MCATS are going to STAY, they are not going to change! URMs will just not be going into medicine, they will pick alternatives.

You think that just because competition increases and URMs realize that they have less room for error, doesn't mean that they will successfully overcome their challenges and limitations. Asians did not have those limitations because asian parents moved to better school systems to ensure good education for their children. Blacks did not and will not do this! They don't have that line of thinking and they will not get it. If some URMs do improve their stats, it will be the less disadvantaged ones, the rich ones and they will match into competitive non-primary care residencies and ultimately they wont be serving their communities. This defeats the purpose of affirmative action.

In summary, stop making fun of other people, it is annoying. Your ego is inflated higher than it should be. You cannot make a good doctor unless you tone it down. Stats don't mean much when it comes to patient care. Affirmative action is important and severely relevant to medicine, you seem to think this is not true because you think that stats are correlated with the quality of a doctor. Most people who are stat hungry are like you, and we don't need them in medicine. If medical school admission become racially blind, they will be forced to accept doctors who are stat hungry and with a high ego. Those doctors will continue on practicing medicine while intimidating their patients with their high ego. Those patients will feel too inferior to have a good health conversation with the doctor and their overall standard of care will decline!

The fate of Affirmative action and therefore healthcare lies in the hands of 5 white justices

Last edited:
@HEMMORAGE

No one wants to argue with you anymore, not because they have no arguments, but the fact that your arguments are nonsensical, nonsensitive, ill-mannered and just plain dumb. All you do is make fun of people sarcastically and mention stereotypes/racism and worst of all that makes you think that you are right. You have posted too much.

I don't care whether you are a racist or not, but with your attitude, you have this superiority complex going on and I WOULD NEVER WANT YOU TO BE MY DOCTOR. Tone down your ego a bit--there is more to being a doctor than stats. And maybe that is why we don't want ORM's such as yourself in the medical field. In general (pardon my observation), asians ,such as yourself are anti-social and all they care about are stats. You were raised thinking that numbers mean everything and that is the source of your line of thinking in this forum. We need doctors NOT like you. We need doctors that don't give themselves too much arrogance because they had the stats. We need doctors who actually listen to the patients and understand where they come from and their lines of thinking. We need black doctors for black patients, we need hispanic doctors for hispanic patients. Those are the doctors that will best suit those racial populations. Those are the doctors that will be more understanding--not you.

I dont want to see you become a doctor, you are way too ill-mannered to be one. You remind me of "christina from Greys Anatomy". Smart doctor with stats, horrible bed-side manner. Healthcare doesn't need people like you. I am not saying that all asians shouldn't be in healthcare, I JUST MEAN PEOPLE OF ALL RACES LIKE YOU.

Because of the emphasis that you put on stats, you think that doctors with better stats make better doctors. Stop lying to yourself. If affirmative action and selection based on other factors that are not numbers end, healthcare will be devastated by people like you. Good stats (I'm sure you have them). We need affirmative action..period. URM's will not rise to this pathetic emphasis on grades that you have. Mainly because the average African American IQ is 85, and that isn't going to spontaneously increase (its probably genetic, if not it would have to do with their young education). The Average URM GPA and MCATS are going to STAY, they are not going to change! URMs will just not be going into medicine, they will pick alternatives.

You think that just because competition increases and URMs realize that they have less room for error, doesn't mean that they will successfully overcome their challenges and limitations. Asians did not have those limitations because asian parents moved to better school systems to ensure good education for their children. Blacks did not and will not do this! They don't have that line of thinking and they will not get it. If some URMs do improve their stats, it will be the less disadvantaged ones, the rich ones and they will match into competitive non-primary care residencies and ultimately they wont be serving their communities. This defeats the purpose of affirmative action.

In summary, stop making fun of other people, it is annoying. Your ego is inflated higher than it should be. You cannot make a good doctor unless you tone it down. Stats don't mean much when it comes to patient care. Affirmative action is important and severely relevant to medicine, you seem to think this is not true because you think that stats are correlated with the quality of a doctor. Most people who are stat hungry are like you, and we don't need them in medicine.

slow-clap-gif.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.