All class 2007 DO acceptees, your stats and the school accepted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jmanwaring

VH Superfan
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I don't have any acceptances, but I do have my first few interviews scheduled in the next month.

GPA 3.44
Science 3.20
MCAT 25N

Members don't see this ad.

I hope my stats offer hope to people!

Undergrad GPA:3.36
Pre-med GPA : 2.5
Masters in Public Health : 3.88

Postbaac GPA : 3.16
Pre-med cum : 3.08
Total : 3.41
April 2002 MCAT 23Q
August : 25P

Accepted : TUCOM, will have to decline b/c the deposit is too expensive and I wanna stay in the east coast

Interviewed AZCOM, PCOM, LECOM
Interviews NYCOM, EVVCOM

GPA:

Sci: 3.21
NS: 3.07

PostBacc: 4.0 (alas, its only one class)

total 3.16

MCAT:

26M (10 PS, 8 BS, 8 VR)

Interviews:

TUCOM, accepted
UHS, accepted Woohoo! Probably will attend!!
EVVCOM, turned down interview (never thought I'd be saying that)

That's all folks,

WannabeDO

Members don't see this ad :)
GPA:

3.9 (with transfer)

NS: 3.8

MCAT
9P, 9B, 11V Q-wr

(Improve from 24:7/8/9/P)

Interviews:
LECOM-accepted
Western-upcoming 20021213
USUHS-pending (y/N hopefully by 20030115)
UofMN-upcoming 20021230
UMDNJ-SOM-turned down (scheduled same day as Western)

cum GPA 3.44
post bacc GPA 3.62
MCAT 22Q (5V,8P,9B)

7 years healthcare exp.

Interviewed and accepted at UHS, LECOM, DMU.

Waiting to hear from UNE

Interview scheduled for 12/4 at NYCOM

cum GPA: 3.65
MCAT: 23P

Accepted: PCOM, NSU-COM
Turned down interview at CCOM.

GPA: 3.45
MCAT: 23

accepted: PCOM, LECOM, UNECOM
wahooo!!!!
hope that helps...although numbers don't tell a whole story!!!
good luck everyone!!!!
wahooo!!! (again)

peace

MCAT: 25Q
GPA: 3.40
Scie GPA: 3.45 (strong upward trend)

Secondaries sent to: DMU, KCOM
Interviewed: KCOM (11/1)
Accepted: KCOM 11/14

Sent in secondaries to 4 more schools about 3 wks ago.

UNE, NOVA, PCOM, UHS

We shall wait and see

Also waiting and wondering why I didn't receive a NYCOM interview yet. I'm from Boston, MA. Maybe it's cause I went to a Canadian School??

Good luck to everyone

I got accepted to LECOM two weeks after my interview. My stats should give hope to everyone...

Overall GPA: 3.12
Science GPA: 2.986
MCAT: 20P (7 V, 6 B, 6 PS)

I shadowed three doctors and volunteered at a hospital.

good luck to everyone.:eek: :clap:

Mine may not be terribly relevant to most, but...

UCLA, 1989, Japanese, 3.23

Pre-med/Post-Bac at night school: 2.9 (ugh)

California College of Podiatric Medicine, 1998, DPM, 3.55

MCAT: 23S

Accepted: Western

Stoked: Yes

CUM. GPA 3.77
SCI GPA 3.78
MCAT 27M

2 years Healthcare experience
Research

Accepted at:
UMDNJ-SOM
Interviews:
NYCOM- declined b/c of SOM acceptance:)

:) :love:

I finally got in! Here is my situation
GPA 3.65
GPA science 3.52
MCAT 9V 10P 9B WS N
Interviewed CCOM waitlisted
Interviewed AZCOM rejected post-interview
Interviewed COMP accepted :love:
Turned down interview UHS, PCOM and TUCOM

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations!!

Originally posted by Zionist
:) :love:
Turned down interview UHS, PCOM and TUCOM

I'm guessing that you want to stay on the West Coast? 'Cause UHS and PCOM are great schools, and I personally would have gone to their interviews.

- Tae

My folks live in southern cal. Plus I don't want to scrap off ice off my car windshield anymore. I have done that for the past 6 years in Chicago:laugh:

Originally posted by Zionist
My folks live in southern cal. Plus I don't want to scrap off ice off my car windshield anymore. I have done that for the past 6 years in Chicago:laugh:

Then I will see you at COMP!

- Tae

I'll reveal my dirty little stats when I freekin figure out where the heck I'm going... decisions decisions...

GPA 3.74
Science GPA 3.72
MCAT 10-p, 10-b, 9-v, N?(aug 1996)
Rejected AZCOM, Accepted COMP

Comlex 1 = 463 (29 percentile)

USMLE Step 1 = 216 (52 percentile)

Comlex 2 = 506 (53 percentile)

USMLE Step 2 = when hell freezes over

Comlex 3 = in 2 more weeks

COMP DO Class of 2002 (class rank bottom third)

Anesthesiology Resident Class of 2006
TUFTS-NEW ENGLAND MEDICAL CENTER
BOSTON, MA

my 2 cents.... MCAT scores where somewhat predictive of how well you would do in Med School. But i knew people with 10-10-11 on MCAT and got kicked out for low gpa and some people with 7-7-8 on the MCAT and are ranked at the top of the class with top board scores to boot.

Originally posted by drfeelgood

my 2 cents.... MCAT scores where somewhat predictive of how well you would do in Med School. But i knew people with 10-10-11 on MCAT and got kicked out for low gpa and some people with 7-7-8 on the MCAT and are ranked at the top of the class with top board scores to boot.

here's another $.02

My Kaplan MCAT review teacher told us that the SAT is actually a better predictor to how well you will do in med school. This is why I wasn't surprised when two schools asked for SAT scores.

WannabeDO

Hey, Zionist and tkim...I'll be seeing you guys in August. You can't miss me. I'm going to be one of the oldest dudes there, short blonde hair, wearing comfortable clothes (re: sweats).

Jeez, Zionist. Those are some pretty good numbers! Hard to believe that you got rejected at AZCOM. Makes me feel good, though, because clearly they were happy enough with my experience and didn't care a whole lot about my anemic numbers.

This is going to be the 3rd time that I've taken anatomy! (and the 3rd time I've taken Physiology). I still can't get used to the disgusting smell of the formaldehyde. Plus, it was still impossibly difficult even the 2nd time that I took it. I'm sure it'll be only moderately impossible this time around.

The "Class of 2007" doesn't sound terribly interesting, but I'm thinking that we're going to make it a memorable one, huh?

I've had at least four secondaries asking for SAT scores. I know my friend has had some MD secs with SAT score requests too...

interesting

Science: 3.2

Overall: 3.1

MCAT: 29Q

Interviews:UHS, DMU, TUCOM, KCOM, UNE, Nova, AZCOM
declined interview:DMU, TUCOM, KCOM
Accepted:UNE, Nova, AZCOM, waiting to hear from UHS

Finally I see how much schools value the strength of your undergraduate institution.

Originally posted by WannabeDO
here's another $.02

My Kaplan MCAT review teacher told us that the SAT is actually a better predictor to how well you will do in med school. This is why I wasn't surprised when two schools asked for SAT scores.

Yeah, but my SAT scores were before they 'adjusted' them sometime in the 80-90's. They don't ask if when the scores are from. I lose ~30-40 points if someone doesn't factor than in!

- Tae

K-man,
when did you interview at UHS? Did they tell you how long it takes for them to make a decision?

Hell yeah, I got my first acceptance today

GPA 3.71
Science GPA 3.76
MCAT 9v, 9p, 10b, N
ER tech and teach a chemistry class at a CC

Acceptance to KCOM 11/27:cool: :cool: :cool:

Yahoo!!!
That's wonderful, and your stats make it look like you're a great catch for them!!

Way to go Brown!!

Jenny, I interviewed at UHS on Wednesday 11/20 and their committee met on the following Monday. I called admissions on Wednesday and they told me that I had been accepted. Pretty quick turnaround.

Russell

UHS Class of 2007!!!!!!!!!! (as soon as I send my $$)

I actually tried to find the research on how MCAT scores were related to success in med school before my interview. What I found was some reports published out of Virginia. These schools wanted to see if they could find statistical correlations between admissions gpa and MCAT and med school gpa and pass rate and scores on the COMLEX. I wish like hell I could remember how I found that report but it basically said: yes, admissions and MCAT were related to med school gpa, BUT NOT TO COMLEX pass rates. They could find statistical correlations between med school gpa and COMLEX scores but NO DIRECT statistical significance between COMLEX and your admissions gpa and NOTHING statistically significant to connect between MCAT and COMLEX.

So there are truly people out there that have had to go thru a tough time and there college gpa suffered as a result. If your coursework suffered then, yes, your MCAT score probably did too. BUT DOES THAT MEAN YOU ARE NOT A SMART PERSON???? NO!!!!!!! And you could enter your class with the lowest gpa and MCAT and still graduate at the top of your med school class. I would absolutely agree with using SAT scores. If you had a good SAT score and a low MCAT score, the school maybe inclined to look deeper at your application and find the REASON for the MCAT score rather than sending you the immediate rejection letter.

BTW, Congrats Russell!

I'm gonna bump this puppy up!

KEep bringing those numbers people, Especially those who got into UNE. I'm pretty interested in this school.

Hey, I wish you good luck. I hope my stats help:)

GPA 3.43
MCAT April 2000 22
Aug 2001 24
Aug 2002 24

I was accepted at Western, UHS, and Des Moines. I have decided to go to UHS. I think the schools really take into account your work experience and extracurricular activities.

Called UHS and found out I was accepted!!!
Also just had my DMU interview today, so if I get accepted there, I'll have a tough decision.

Overall GPA 3.62
Science GPA 3.40
MCAT 8V,9P,10B,P
EC: studied abroad Australia, shadowing and volunteering, fundraising for Leukemia & Lymphoma Society

Good luck to the rest of you guys, hyper

Originally posted by hyper_74
Called UHS and found out I was accepted!!!
Also just had my DMU interview today, so if I get accepted there, I'll have a tough decision.

Overall GPA 3.62
Science GPA 3.40
MCAT 8V,9P,10B,P
EC: studied abroad Australia, shadowing and volunteering, fundraising for Leukemia & Lymphoma Society

Good luck to the rest of you guys, hyper
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Look forward to having you as a classmate if you choose UHS.

Russell

Bump this up! Anybody acceptances from out of state MSUCOM?

3.92 non-science
3.85 science
MCAT 7V, 8PS, 9BS

Accepted: PCSOM
Declined interviews: NYCOM, UNECOM, and probably VCOM if they will every get my file completed!

I got accepted to LECOM and one of my top choices :

******PCOM*****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:clap:

I couldnt be happier!!!!!

I actually tried to find the research on how MCAT scores were related to success in med school before my interview. What I found was some reports published out of Virginia. These schools wanted to see if they could find statistical correlations between admissions gpa and MCAT and med school gpa and pass rate and scores on the COMLEX. I wish like hell I could remember how I found that report but it basically said: yes, admissions and MCAT were related to med school gpa, BUT NOT TO COMLEX pass rates. They could find statistical correlations between med school gpa and COMLEX scores but NO DIRECT statistical significance between COMLEX and your admissions gpa and NOTHING statistically significant to connect between MCAT and COMLEX.[/I]

Actually, the Nov issue of JAOA addressed these very issues, and it was concluded that MCAT scores had a moderate but statistically significant correlation with performance on the COMLEX (p<.05). There was no statistically significant correlation with GPA and COMLEX performance. While this is by no means a perfect study (fairly small and homogeneous sample size) it is something interesting. Source: Meoli FG et al. JAOA 2002, 102 (11): 615-620.