All of you who are going to have input as to who to hire in your group..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toughlife

Resident
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
please hire PAs. Don't let greed get into the way of hiring more CRNAs who will end up freaking up is in the future. Do your part in making sure MDA (DO/MD) remain in charge of the profession.

*A public service announcement brought to you by the "Don't F*** things up more than what they already are" Coalition*

Members don't see this ad.

Lets see just how dedicated to the above statement you are guy in a couple of years when you graduate and real world economics slaps your sheltered hinny.

Your choices are:

1. Operate in an MD only group, or
2. Move, reside, and practice in one of the less than 10 states that recognize AAs.

Trouble is, economics guides our choices and lifestyle.

New and out-of residency MDA with a load of loans: Let's see, I could do 1-on-1 anesthesia for a pt in an MDA only group and thus not mazimize my earning potential, but hey, I'm sticking to a statement I made when I was feeling "threatened". Or I can live in one of 10 states that I really don't like in order to supervise AAs in the ATC model.

Or I could just suck it up like the majority of other MDAs, make my full income potential, and realize that the animosity all med students and residents in training feel towards CRNAs dissapates when I graduate. It doesn't exist in the real world. See jetproppilots response to real world economy.

Your choice bucko, I wish I could be there when you make the decision.

Members don't see this ad :)
what a foolish thread....and yes, you will realize that once you finish CRNA's can make your life somewhat more lucrative and somewhat easier. After just going through the interview and contrat signing process, in the NYC, CT, NJ area I interviewed with groups that have CRNA's and groups that don't. I would say the on a whole the groups that hire CRNAs do make a it more money. HOwever, this is not exclusively so. I interviewed with two groups within one hour of NYC that do not have CRNAs and collect just over 600k at Partner. I interviewed at a bunch with CRNAs that collect about the same. The key lies in having a very good billing population, as well as running a very efficient group. The group I signed with pays slightly less than this, works with CRNA's and has a very easy lifestyle. Roughly 30% doing my own cases. The only place outside of the northeast I interviewed was Seattle and Portland OR. Portland is unique, the MDA's sort of cut out the CRNAs 6-8 years ago. You start billing some pretty high reimbursement right away, and cap at about 450k. So if you are unfortunate enough to have a "butt load" of loans, don't worry about it. I think most would agree you can pay off even 200k of loans on a salary of half a mil.

My reasong for signing with a group working with CRNA's???? It is a nice mix of being in the OR and being out. I don't like to be trapped in the OR for 50 hours a week.

s204367 said:
what a foolish thread....and yes, you will realize that once you finish CRNA's can make your life somewhat more lucrative and somewhat easier. After just going through the interview and contrat signing process, in the NYC, CT, NJ area I interviewed with groups that have CRNA's and groups that don't. I would say the on a whole the groups that hire CRNAs do make a it more money. HOwever, this is not exclusively so. I interviewed with two groups within one hour of NYC that do not have CRNAs and collect just over 600k at Partner. I interviewed at a bunch with CRNAs that collect about the same. The key lies in having a very good billing population, as well as running a very efficient group. The group I signed with pays slightly less than this, works with CRNA's and has a very easy lifestyle. Roughly 30% doing my own cases. The only place outside of the northeast I interviewed was Seattle and Portland OR. Portland is unique, the MDA's sort of cut out the CRNAs 6-8 years ago. You start billing some pretty high reimbursement right away, and cap at about 450k. So if you are unfortunate enough to have a "butt load" of loans, don't worry about it. I think most would agree you can pay off even 200k of loans on a salary of half a mil.

My reasong for signing with a group working with CRNA's???? It is a nice mix of being in the OR and being out. I don't like to be trapped in the OR for 50 hours a week.

Again, being lazy and greedy will f*** things up for the rest of us. Being trapped in the OR is what you signed up to do for a living. That's what gas men/women do. If you don't like being trapped in the OR why the hell did you go into gas for?. No wonder most immigrants are coming in and taking american jobs. You represent the lazy american who doesn't want to work still expects to get paid lots!

rn29306 said:
Lets see just how dedicated to the above statement you are guy in a couple of years when you graduate and real world economics slaps your sheltered hinny.

Your choices are:

1. Operate in an MD only group, or
2. Move, reside, and practice in one of the less than 10 states that recognize AAs.

Trouble is, economics guides our choices and lifestyle.

New and out-of residency MDA with a load of loans: Let's see, I could do 1-on-1 anesthesia for a pt in an MDA only group and thus not mazimize my earning potential, but hey, I'm sticking to a statement I made when I was feeling "threatened". Or I can live in one of 10 states that I really don't like in order to supervise AAs in the ATC model.

Or I could just suck it up like the majority of other MDAs, make my full income potential, and realize that the animosity all med students and residents in training feel towards CRNAs dissapates when I graduate. It doesn't exist in the real world. See jetproppilots response to real world economy.

Your choice bucko, I wish I could be there when you make the decision.

That is because for most americans money is everything. And then we complain when someone takes over our job.

Can't we all just get along?

what a complete ass and fool you are.

s204367 said:
what a complete ass and fool you are.

i liked the origional post much better

I went off a bit..After reading a few of toughlife's other posts I have come to realize what a pissant he is. I sent the original to him as a private message.

s204367 said:
I went off a bit..After reading a few of toughlife's other posts I have come to realize what a pissant he is. I sent the original to him as a private message.

nice

This has generally been an easy going board and an accepting community here on SDN. Please keep it this way by not starting malicious threads akin to this one. TL, you are forcing me to read your peevish babble after having placed you on my ignore list. This is something I'd rather avoid doing if possible as it is quite exasperating.

For the curious and interested, the ignore function can be found in "User CP" (at the top o' your screen) under the "Miscellaneous" tab. Use it.

Ventastic

There is no room in the private practice arena for dudes like this.
Dude, please don't interview within 1000 miles of my group.
toughlife said:
Again, being lazy and greedy will f*** things up for the rest of us. Being trapped in the OR is what you signed up to do for a living. That's what gas men/women do. If you don't like being trapped in the OR why the hell did you go into gas for?. No wonder most immigrants are coming in and taking american jobs. You represent the lazy american who doesn't want to work still expects to get paid lots!