Alternate Survivors!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank you everyone! I still can't believe I even got accepted anywhere, let alone 5 places! Still waiting on that Auburn spot though ;):xf: I think I will be declining my CSU spot today as I really don't want to add another year to my studies, but am thinking hard about LSU!
AH! I feel like I need to pinch myself! :oops:

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you everyone! I still can't believe I even got accepted anywhere, let alone 5 places! Still waiting on that Auburn spot though ;):xf: I think I will be declining my CSU spot today as I really don't want to add another year to my studies, but am thinking hard about LSU!
? and:(

Members don't see this ad :)
Holy shmokes!!! Rock it girl!!!!!! Congratulations!!

My spot was a Vet Prep spot, where I do the vet prep for one year and get IS tuition for the next 4 years of vet school.

Sorry other Emiloo :( These aren't easy decisions.
It's all good. We wouldn't have been in the same class and poo on another year when you won't have to do that anywhere else! Congratulations on all your acceptances!

Auburn: Wildlife woman(call 4/7), rayray13 (call 4/13, OOS, declined)

Cornell: AJen (4/16, call, OOS), Tigerroar (4/17, call OOS)

Davis:butterjelly (4/16, call)

Colorado State: Emiloo4 (5 year - OOS email 4/17), swj (IS email 4/17)

Florida: SeaHawk10 (OOS email 4/11), NStarz (OOS email 4/16, declined), VetMedBF (OOS email)

Georgia: flyingvet2012 (call 4/13..lucky day!)

Illinois: bbeventer (call 4/10), jessejames23 (call 4/17),orca2011 (OOS call 4/26)

Iowa: jessejames23 (email 4/23)

Kansas: jushorsinaround (call 4/17) helloxkitty22 ( call 4/17 OOS ), Escalla (call 4/18 OOS)

Louisiana: NStarz (email/call 4/26, OOS, declined) Emiloo4(OOS call 4/30)

Minnesota: Ashlee421 (email 4/18)

Missouri: animallover23 (call, 4/16)

Ohio State:Nordicat (OOS call, 4/23, declined)

Oklahoma State: SeaHawk10 (OOS call 4/17, declined), Emiloo4 (OOS call 4/20, declined), Whyevernot55 (OOS call 4/25)

Oregon State: circuitbreaker (IS e-mail 03/27)

Penn: squirrelcountry (OOS, call 4/19)

Purdue: zanydogz (OOS call, 4/17, declined)

Tufts: frogsgirl (OOS, call 4/19)

Utah-WSU: petlover (5/1, OOS)

WSU: bearito (4/4), Wycolo (4/11, declined), follefille (OOS email 4/6, declined)

Wisconsin: bearito (call 4/25 OOS, #24, declined)

Florida: SeaHawk10 (OOS email 4/11), NStarz (OOS email 4/16, declined), VetMedBF (OOS email)

Illinois: bbeventer (call 4/10), jessejames23 (call 4/17),orca2011 (OOS call 4/26)

Kansas: jushorsinaround (call 4/17) helloxkitty22 ( call 4/17 OOS ), Escalla (call 4/18 OOS), missdvm (call 5/21, OOS)

Oklahoma State: SeaHawk10 (OOS call 4/17, declined), Emiloo4 (OOS call 4/20, declined), Whyevernot55 (OOS call 4/25)

WSU: bearito (4/4), Wycolo (4/11, declined), follefille (OOS email 4/6, declined)

I had all given up on this year and was already signing up for summer classes, looking for jobs, and asking for file reviews from all the schools I applied to when I got the call from Dr. Elmore yesterday, about 2 hours after he had just emailed me my file review, saying that there was an opening. It still feels very surreal, but I just wanted to let you know that there still is movement, and there still can be a chance! :love:

I'm just really happy to say that I never thought this would happen to me and I wish the best to all you guys! Good luck everyone! :luck::xf:

AAHH!! Congrats missdvm!! you must be over the moon! :love:

AWESOME!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!! :highfive::claps::woot:
I'm so happy for you and excited to be classmates this fall!!! :D

Congrats MissDVM! That is awesome! So happy for you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Woooohoooo!!! I'm so glad this thread has been bumped! Yay missdvm!!

Congrats missdvm!!!! I got the e-mail a few weeks ago that the class was full! They must have gone over your file review and thought "Gee this person is pretty great!".

Thank you so much everyone! It still doesn't feel real to me (I can't believe I'm going to vet school! :soexcited:)- and I don't think it will until I get the admissions packet in the mail - but thank you all so much for all the supportive messages! :)

So stinkin cool. Kansas state is a great school. CONGRATULATIONS!!! :)

Kansas: jushorsinaround (call 4/17) helloxkitty22 ( call 4/17 OOS ), Escalla (call 4/18 OOS), missdvm(call 5/21, OOS)

Mississippi State: moonskye (call, 6/4)

I can't believe it. I literally burst into tears. Good luck to the rest of you, I had given up hope!

Congratulations! That's so exciting :D

so happy for you moonskye!

Kansas: jushorsinaround (call 4/17) helloxkitty22 ( call 4/17 OOS ), Escalla (call 4/18 OOS), missdvm(call 5/21, OOS)

Mississippi State: moonskye (call, 6/4)

Western: missdvm (6/29, email)

I'm so happy and lost at the same time -- I love Western's teaching philosophy and style, but I can't help think that the program is better at Kansas, especially since I'm interested in exotics. Does anyone have advice in deciding between Kansas and Western?

Wahoo!!!! Congratulations, missdvm!!! :D

Missdvm that's awesome!!! Personally, I would keep in mind cost too. KState is cheaper especially when you factor in cost of living. Western does PBL so you need to decide which learning style is right for you. Huge congrats though! :D

I'm so happy and lost at the same time -- I love Western's teaching philosophy and style, but I can't help think that the program is better at Kansas, especially since I'm interested in exotics. Does anyone have advice in deciding between Kansas and Western?
If you think Kansas is better, then that is your answer.
Are you IS at Kansas? Western is VERY expensive.
Western has no teaching hospital, so that is a consideration as well, as is the commute around the L.A. area for your rotations.

You have to balance the nice part of being in Socal, and an interesting teaching style against those...

Thank you guys for your advice! :)

If you think Kansas is better, then that is your answer.
Are you IS at Kansas? Western is VERY expensive.
Western has no teaching hospital, so that is a consideration as well, as is the commute around the L.A. area for your rotations.

You have to balance the nice part of being in Socal, and an interesting teaching style against those...

I'm OOS for Kansas, so tuition is about the same. I do think that Kansas most likely has the better program for me, but would there be an employment advantage for going to Western if I hope to practice in California when I graduate? I also really like the theory of PBL, but I'm not 100% confident that it would be right for me.

Thank you guys for your advice! :)

I'm OOS for Kansas, so tuition is about the same. I do think that Kansas most likely has the better program for me, but would there be an employment advantage for going to Western if I hope to practice in California when I graduate? I also really like the theory of PBL, but I'm not 100% confident that it would be right for me.
I don't think it matters where you go to school. Vets are from all over the place in my experience in CA.