Alternate Survivors!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Woohoo! Awesome! :love:

Members don't see this ad.

Yay Whyevernot! I'm so happy for you :love:

Members don't see this ad :)
Oklahoma State: SeaHawk10 (OOS call 4/17, declined), Emiloo4 (OOS call 4/20, declined), Whyevernot55 (OOS call 4/25)
Omfg guys. Totally in shock.

YOU'RE GOING TO BE A VET! Congrats!! I knew someone big had to have been called when the name on here changed like three times in a few refreshes.

:highfive::highfive::highfive:

congrats Whyevernot!!!!! That is SO EXCITING!!! :love::love:

w00t w00t!! :highfive::soexcited::clap::bow::claps::woot:

Congrats, WEN!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAY!

Congrats everyone, but WEN, this is especially just for YOU.....

:biglove::biglove::banana::banana::woot::woot: :soexcited::soexcited::bow::bow:

You ROCK!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Knew you would do it... WOOOOOT

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats everyone, but WEN, this is especially just for YOU.....

:biglove::biglove::banana::banana::woot::woot: :soexcited::soexcited::bow:

You ROCK!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Knew you would do it... WOOOOOT

Eeeeeeeee, thank you flyhi! :love:You guys are all awesome - thank you for all the love and support!

Whyevernot55 I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!! I wanted this to be your year :D I am SOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU! CONGRATULATIONS!!! you earned it :cool:

CONGRATULATIONS WHYEVERNOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!!!!!!!:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Auburn: Wildlife woman(call 4/7), rayray13 (call 4/13, OOS, declined)

Cornell: AJen (4/16, call, OOS), Tigerroar (4/17, call OOS)

Davis:butterjelly (4/16, call)

Colorado State: Emiloo4 (5 year - OOS email 4/17), swj (IS email 4/17)

Florida: SeaHawk10 (OOS email 4/11), NStarz (OOS email 4/16, declined), VetMedBF (OOS email)

Georgia: flyingvet2012 (call 4/13..lucky day!)

Illinois: bbeventer (call 4/10), jessejames23 (call 4/17)

Iowa: jessejames23 (email 4/23)

Kansas: jushorsinaround (call 4/17) helloxkitty22 ( call 4/17 OOS ), Escalla (call 4/18 OOS)

Louisiana: NStarz (email/call 4/26, OOS, declined)

Minnesota: Ashlee421 (email 4/18)

Missouri: animallover23 (call, 4/16)

Ohio State:Nordicat (OOS call, 4/23, declined)

Oklahoma State: SeaHawk10 (OOS call 4/17, declined), Emiloo4 (OOS call 4/20, declined), Whyevernot55 (OOS call 4/25)

Oregon State: circuitbreaker (IS e-mail 03/27)

Penn: squirrelcountry (OOS, call 4/19)

Purdue: zanydogz (OOS call, 4/17, declined)

Tufts: frogsgirl (OOS, call 4/19)

WSU: bearito (4/4), Wycolo (4/11, declined), follefille (OOS email 4/6, declined)

Whoops...looks like I forgot to take myself off of the waitlist. I didn't even interview there!

Florida: SeaHawk10 (OOS email 4/11), NStarz (OOS email 4/16, declined), VetMedBF (OOS email)

Illinois: bbeventer (call 4/10), jessejames23 (call 4/17)

Kansas: jushorsinaround (call 4/17) helloxkitty22 ( call 4/17 OOS ), Escalla (call 4/18 OOS)

WSU: bearito (4/4), Wycolo (4/11, declined), follefille (OOS email 4/6, declined)

Whoops...looks like I forgot to take myself off of the waitlist. I didn't even interview there!

Oh nice! Congrats anyway! You've done really well this cycle! :) I'm still on their waitlist too. I never interviewed either. Looks like they've moved pretty far down the list then. Did you get the email a week ago about those of use receiving it being "the next few up on the list" or whatever?

Oh nice! Congrats anyway! You've done really well this cycle! :) I'm still on their waitlist too. I never interviewed either. Looks like they've moved pretty far down the list then. Did you get the email a week ago about those of use receiving it being "the next few up on the list" or whatever?

Yep, I did.

I didn't get one, FWIW. I really wish they'd give us rank numbers. Not knowing if you'll be offered admission is even worse when you have no idea how likely it is. :thumbdown: This is the closest to likely/unlikely probability I've heard, and it ain't much to go on.

But on the other hand, not counting on an acceptance means I'm already making plans to do awesome things this summer and next year. So even if I don't get an offer, I'll be happy with how I'm spending my time. :)

It's good if you have other plans to distract you with! Would you apply again? I am still hoping for you though! :luck:

I didn't get one, FWIW. I really wish they'd give us rank numbers. Not knowing if you'll be offered admission is even worse when you have no idea how likely it is. :thumbdown: This is the closest to likely/unlikely probability I've heard, and it ain't much to go on.

But on the other hand, not counting on an acceptance means I'm already making plans to do awesome things this summer and next year. So even if I don't get an offer, I'll be happy with how I'm spending my time. :)
I second this. It sucks to not know whether you were even close.

I didn't get one, FWIW. I really wish they'd give us rank numbers. Not knowing if you'll be offered admission is even worse when you have no idea how likely it is.

This was such a pain with VMRCVM, they refuse to give out numbers, but there are not very many on the waitlist. It's killer not knowing where you stand, especially when you are watching everyone else posting here with declines. Best of luck:xf::luck:

Illinois: bbeventer (call 4/10), jessejames23 (call 4/17), orca2011 (OOS call 4/26)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Totally unexpected. Got the call while I was at work and was in total shock since I bombed my interview.

Illinois: bbeventer (call 4/10), jessejames23 (call 4/17), orca2011 (OOS call 4/26)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Totally unexpected. Got the call while I was at work and was in total shock since I bombed my interview.

OMG!!!! So where are you gonna go!?!?!?!?!?!? :highfive::clap::claps::soexcited:

So freakin cool, Orca! Congrats!!!

CONGRATS ORCA!!!!!!!!!!! :lock: :banana: :zip: :lock: :banana: :zip:

SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!

OMG!!!! So where are you gonna go!?!?!?!?!?!? :highfive::clap::claps::soexcited:

So freakin cool, Orca! Congrats!!!

I'm leaning towards Illinois actually. I really like the sound of the new curriculum and and enjoyed my visit there even if the school isn't super fancy/new and stuff like that. Plus, I love that they have a wildlife clinic basically run by the students. I was originally interested in wild life/zoo med (despite no experience) so I'd love to be able to get involved. One of the reasons I loved Tufts so much too.

I'm leaning towards Illinois actually. I really like the sound of the new curriculum and and enjoyed my visit there even if the school isn't super fancy/new and stuff like that. Plus, I love that they have a wildlife clinic basically run by the students. I was originally interested in wild life/zoo med (despite no experience) so I'd love to be able to get involved. One of the reasons I loved Tufts so much too.
Ooohh choices!! I missed your OK acceptance. You are on fire!!! Congratulations again I am so happy for you!!!

Well then an even BIGGER congrats to you! I thought this was just icing on the cake, but I'm so happy that you were able to actually make a choice! :bow::highfive:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

CONGRATS!!!! This is so awesome!!!!!

Yay Orca!! You didnt need to worry about going international after all :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: :highfive:

CONGRATS ORCA!!!!!!! That is amazing!!!!!!!!

Ahhh Orca!!!! You weren't lynched AND you got choices! Big day for you!!

It's good if you have other plans to distract you with! Would you apply again? I am still hoping for you though! :luck:

Definitely. I'm taking the new GRE this summer, just for LSU's sake. ;)

Last edited:
Congrats, Orca!!!

I'd go with Illinois personally, but I may be biased. ;D I also loved their new curriculum (can't argue against getting students into clinicals early) and I'm /still/ in love with U-C - it's such a cute city!

Congrats again, that's really awesome. =)

Illinois: bbeventer (call 4/10), jessejames23 (call 4/17),orca2011 (OOS call 4/26)

Wisconsin: bearito (call 4/25 OOS, #24, declined)

Illinois: bbeventer (call 4/10), jessejames23 (call 4/17),orca2011 (OOS call 4/26)

That is awesome bearito! #24?!? That is crazy. My heart always jumps when I see someone has posted on here.

Louisiana: NStarz (email/call 4/26, OOS, declined) Emiloo4(OOS call 4/30)

Emiloo!!! You are on a ROLL!!! :love: Congrats girl, how does it feel?!

Ah I'm so excited!!! Really considering this one too!! Gotta weigh the whole money thing vs where I really want to go.

Congrats emiloo!!!!!!!!!

I've been gone for several days. My how this forum moves.

Yay emiloooooo!!

Yay Emiloo! You must have been right below me on the list, because I just called to decline my spot! Good luck with your decision!