This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Melu227

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took the PCAT today for the first time. My preliminary report showed that I am in the 74th percentile. My current GPA is 3.511. I will be doing the University of Kentucky's early decision process this fall. I have 2.5 years of Pharmacy technician experience, in addition to some shadowing experience, and am involved in my community. For example, I manage a girls choir at church and math tutor.

Just wondering if you all thought I would be competitive enough for UK. I'm an doing the 2 year track, so I am young compared to most applicants. Hoping this and my experience will set me apart a little.

So, what are my chances? The nervousness is really starting to set in....

Members don't see this ad.

You'll be fine. I got accepted at UK with a 3.0 but better PCAT.

Reactions: 1 user
You'll be fine. I got accepted at UK with a 3.0 but better PCAT.

How were your other credentials? Good essay, good references, pharmacy background, etc?

And interview advice if invited?

Members don't see this ad :)
How were your other credentials? Good essay, good references, pharmacy background, etc?

And interview advice if invited?

I had about a year of tech experience. No idea if my LORs were good; I never got to read them.

I think you're perfectly fine. You'll most likely get in, especially if you are a Ky resident. I'm applying to UK Early Decision, and I definitely have more iffy stats: 3.34 GPA, 3.56 Science. Still have yet to take micro and O chem II, so that will likely go down. Only shadowing experience of like 5 hours in a pharmacy. Great E.C's, good LOR: two from professors and one from my boss of 3 years. Bachelors in Biology B.A. I also live in KY, so I'm hoping all of this will be enough to make up for my lack of experience. I'm taking the PCAT for the first time in September, and likely again in October. Aiming for the 70+ range.