Amazing Admission Stories

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sheon

10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know if you are here (at this site) you probably have heard of some strange stories of people getting into medical school.

Some because they knew someone on the admissions committee, or showing up on the first day as a waitlistee and getting accepted on the spot, or constantly contacting the admissions office to press them about getting in.

I've heard some pretty far-fetched rumors. I asked around. They aren't as far-fetched as they appear to be.

If the process seems arbitrary to you, it should. The difference between an acceptance and a failure is OFTEN that little something that makes you stand out (i.e., being there when a space becomes available at 5pm on the first day of classes).

I know I sound like a parrot, but I will keep saying it. If you look just like everyone else, you have entered a lottery system. The luck of the draw (i.e., how good your interviewer is feeling today, whether you established a good rapport etc.) may ultimately decide your fate.

If you stand out, YOU decide your fate.

Good luck,

Sheon

Members don't see this ad.