AMCAS Question! Applying early!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

halakkala

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello.

I would like to ask some questions about the AMCAS application process.

I will be writing the MCAT on June 17th; however, I'd like to get verified before I write my MCAT so that I am considered as an early applicant. Could you please read over my plan and tell me if it is ok?

1. When AMCAS opens in May, get all the LoRs, PS, etc. ready and apply to only ONE school. This way, I will get my application verified early, even before I get my MCAT.

2. Apply to more than 1 school after I get my MCAT scores back in mid July

3.Finish secondaries ASAP

Also, I have written the MCAT last year, and the scores were not very competitive. Will the adcom of the ONE school that I will be applying to see my old mark or wait until my new scores come out?

Thanks so much everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello.

I would like to ask some questions about the AMCAS application process.

I will be writing the MCAT on June 17th; however, I'd like to get verified before I write my MCAT so that I am considered as an early applicant. Could you please read over my plan and tell me if it is ok?

1. When AMCAS opens in May, get all the LoRs, PS, etc. ready and apply to only ONE school. This way, I will get my application verified early, even before I get my MCAT.

2. Apply to more than 1 school after I get my MCAT scores back in mid July

3.Finish secondaries ASAP

Also, I have written the MCAT last year, and the scores were not very competitive. Will the adcom of the ONE school that I will be applying to see my old mark or wait until my new scores come out?

Thanks so much everyone!

That plan looks good- the school will see your old score (all scores are seen by each school) but there is a spot on the application where you can put if/when you plan to take the MCAT again so they will wait to review you til those scores come out.