Amcas verification taking 2 months! (4 to 6 additional weeks)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ComfySouthern

Reaction score
I had my app in June 20th and i am still not verified. I was put on a hold for a day and sorted it out... the hold was removed and i got ready to review again on aug 3rd. They are saying 4 to 6 more weeks... good bye to my cycle? Or will they come through just intime? Anyone have experience?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey man- how were you on hold for a day on June 20th and then ready for review on aug 3? that's 45 days of being on hold, not one.

Hey man- how were you on hold for a day on June 20th and then ready for review on aug 3? that's 45 days of being on hold, not one.
Hey there

submitted late june ready for review
Late july under review and then application placed on hold
I fixed the problem and then was put back as ready for review on aug 3rd..

Sorry for the confusion i hope someone knows the timeline for people put back in the cue i am praying not 4 to 6 weeks

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey there

Sorry for the confusion i hope someone knows the timeline for people put back in the cue i am praying not 4 to 6 weeks

Definitely do not give up on this cycle. There are people just submitting their primary at the beginning of august due to situations like later MCAT dates. There is this mentality on SDN that be early or you won't be successful and that is not true. Pre-write your secondaries and once you receive them, submit them same day. A lot of people have success with being complete in September and early October due to late committee letters/LORs as well, so do not give up, especially since this is something out of your control!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey there

What were you put on hold for??

Transcript issue but that issue is solved now

Oh I see, was it because they didn't have your transcript or lost it? That was my biggest fear going in with the whole verification process lol

I think you should def still go with the cycle too! I think if you pre-write secondaries extra fast, you will be fine.

Oh I see, was it because they didn't have your transcript or lost it? That was my biggest fear going in with the whole verification process lol

Either way, I think you should def still go with the cycle! I think if you pre-write secondaries extra fast, you will be fine.

Ive prewritten everything i was hoping someone heard of a similar situation so i could get an idea for timing.. shrugs **

Ive prewritten everything i was hoping someone heard of a similar situation so i could get an idea for timing.. shrugs **

You can check out the prior year threads for verification timings if that helps. Last year, it looked like late July/August submissions were verified within the month. I think it would take like 3 weeks at this point.

You can check out the prior year threads for verification timings if that helps. Last year, it looked like late July/August submissions were verified within the month. I think it would take like 3 weeks at this point.

Yea it looks like thats what might happen at this point.. i called yesterday and he made it seem like i was back in the regular cue which i think is very unfair. I submitted sort of early and expected to be finished with secondaries by now. Just trying to keep my head up.

So i reach someone at amcas. They said that i am on a separate cue, however THERE IS ONLY 1 PERSON WHO WORKS TO VERIFY APPLICATIONS IN THE SEPARATE CUE... this means times can vary greatly. Why is AMCAS so understaffed!!!

To all future readers. The lesson here is this application process is owned by you. You need to check each and every step of this application process from the moment you submit until every secondary and LOR is shown as received by each school until your are under review at each school. I suggest people need to check each application portal at least every other day, to prevent things like happened to the OP here

Hey there. All of my transcripts were marked as received far before I submitted. the major issue was that there was something wrong with one of the transcripts themselves. The good news is I called every single day and yesterday I finally had enough and was very persistent. After the phone call I was verify within 5 minutes. I will be checking my portals often though. I think that is wonderful advice.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey there. All of my transcripts were marked as received far before I submitted. the major issue was that there was something wrong with one of the transcripts themselves. The good news is I called every single day and yesterday I finally had enough and was very persistent. After the phone call I was verify within 5 minutes. I will be checking my portals often though. I think that is wonderful advice.

I'm in a similar situation, and it's good to hear the queue is faster than normal. What did you say on the calls with them to make them speed it up?

Not that it will necessarily be applicable to you, but I know multiple people who took their MCAT late August and therefore didn’t get secondaries in until late September at the earliest and still got accepted to medical school. You’re definitely not screwed.

I'm in a similar situation, and it's good to hear the queue is faster than normal. What did you say on the calls with them to make them speed it up?

Hey there, I just called and was very polite but firm. I would explain my situation fully. I would say something along the lines of "Hi there I am very concerned as I have been waiting a very long time and was notified that I would be in placed in a different que, This is very important to me because I applied early and I am falling behind." I called usually every other day. Just be really nice but firm

Not that it will necessarily be applicable to you, but I know multiple people who took their MCAT late August and therefore didn’t get secondaries in until late September at the earliest and still got accepted to medical school. You’re definitely not screwed.
thanks for the reassurance. Just have to do the best with the situation I have