MD & DO ANKI for Step 3

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Redpancreas

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
[Note to mods: I feel this is relevant enough to Allo given your guys experience with all things ANKI and given I know a few of you are doing Step 3 to make use of quarantine time during the pandemic.]

Background: I'm have a month of dedicated time to finish Step 3 prep. I've completed UW with pretty much average scores and did the practice tests with above average scores UWSA-1: 219, UWSA-2: 230. Scoring high in IM, Surgery. Scoring borderline with a smidgeon of fail in OB/GYN (Im IM). I plan to do UWorld again, watch a few videos, and drill Crush CCS/UW CCS daily.

I want an ANKI deck/plan to follow that will take approx 40 days to complete. My weaknesses are OB/GYN and Pediatrics but I would benefit from a broad, comprehensive review.

I've been trying to make my own off of UWorld but making the cards is taking way too freaking long/burning me out. I much rather just do UWorld, take a few notes and make a few charts, and then review a great ANKI deck that's got UWorld, AMBOSS, OnlineMedEd content.
 
Last edited:
I'm using this. After a few hours of google searching I have found my candidate. I'll let you all know how it goes when it's done.I need some hand holding though now. I have successfully downloaded ANKI, downloaded this deck and see it as a folder called medicine which I can expand. When I expand it I see various topics and they all have a Due: 0 and New: 20 on them. What exactly do I do now?!? Seems like there are 8000ish cards in the deck. How do I go about reviewing these. I don't want to jump into this and mess this up. I have about 40 days for this, a UW second pass, some AMBOSS, and Doctors in Training vids

@M&L @slowthai Halp!

 
Last edited: