Question Anonymous physician verification?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted950463

Asking for someone close to me.

This is a physician in PP who is unwilling/unable to associate themselves/their practice and disclose their identity to SDN.

Is physician verification possible? For example, would it suffice to pose a photo with things like medical license/registration as well as DEA license and a placard with their SDN user name? Or to be photographed with original copies of DEA/medical license with a message / action to be performed given by SDN staff?

the identifying information contained by medical license/DEA license would be of course, obscured.

Members don't see this ad.

Physician verification provides access to the Practicing Physicians forum.

@Winged Scapula is the manager of this process. She usually receives information via PM, so it is not disclosed to the other admins. Additionally, all our admins (and moderators) are required to execute a non-disclosure agreement to make sure they don't release a member's personal information.

Physician verification provides access to the Practicing Physicians forum.

@Winged Scapula is the manager of this process. She usually receives information via PM, so it is not disclosed to the other admins. Additionally, all our admins (and moderators) are required to execute a non-disclosure agreement to make sure they don't release a member's personal information.
thank you. The user also contacted me via p.m.

My response, which I will detail here for others who are interested, is that without some other personal way of vetting I’m not sure I feel comfortable with this.

All of the other physicians and dentists in the forum have undergone the verification process. We all signed NDA and I feel very strongly about adhering to that. Thus it’s not fair to make exceptions to the rule when the others have complied.

We do discuss some personal matters in that forum and I feel that I must protect their identity and by allowing someone in whom is not properly vetted I would be risking their privacy.

Should your family member change their mind, please feel free to contact me directly. If the issue is that they may know me in real life and are uncomfortable with that, it is reasonable for another staff member to process their request however the requirements for verification would remain the same.

Reactions: 3 users