Another SLOR question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

littlefield

Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well, I've decided to do emergency medicine, and I'm very comfortable with my decision.

Reading the previous posts about SLORs, I get the impression that I should obtain as many SLORs as possible and send them to every EM program to which I apply. However, I visited the websites of my top 20 programs and reviewed their application requirements. The minority require LORs from EM physicians, and even fewer (two) ask for SLOR's.

I attend a med school that doesn't have an EM residency, so I have no home PD or EM faculty to fill out an SLOR for me. I will be doing a sub-I at an EM residency, but due to family considerations, I won't be doing that until January, well past most application deadlines. I do have some stellar LORs from EM physcians that I've worked with closely, and other great LORs from other specialties.

So my question is this: Am I overeading previous SLOR threads, or am I just screwed?

I would appreciate any response.

Thanks,
Littlefield.