-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Any 27-29 MCAT with interviews????
Started by doctor_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Got one at psu on 10/19. . Scheduled for 11-28. I'm non urm oos with a 29T and a 3.7 cgpa, 3.6 bcpm. I think there is still hope for us underdogs! Everyone stay strong 🙂
When did you apply to GWU, Drexel, and Wisconsin? I haven't heard back from those yet! Congrats on LECOM! 😀
GWU I was complete 09/17, Drexel I was complete 09/19 and Wisconsin I was complete 09/10.
Thank you!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
JUST AN UPDATE: I had another interview at Suny Upstate Oct. 3 and I have an interview scheduled Nov. 6 at SUNY Stoney Brook, but I have just received an acceptance to Upstate!!!!!!!!!!!
Long road, but it was worth it. Don't lose hope and keep at it. Dreams do come true 🙂
Another update! Received acceptance to SUNY Stoney Brook!
Congrats!Another update! Received acceptance to SUNY Stoney Brook!
ugh no New York love for me... it seems that my state schools are not giving me any love...SBU is my alma mater 🙁
but got interviews from 3DO schools (1 DMU acceptance), and 3MD schools (waiting on 2). 🙂 hopefully I'll get into the one i reallly really love !
Accepted to 2 MD schools so far! One of them is my first choice, so I'm pretty much done with the cycle save for potential financial aid packages that may sway my decision.
Yay 27-29 MCATers!
Yay 27-29 MCATers!
29P MCAT. i've had 3 MD interviews, with two resulting in acceptances! still waiting on the other two. good luck to everyone 🙂
Last edited:
29Q, 3.65 GPA.
4 interview invites, attended 3, and I've been accepted to two!
4 interview invites, attended 3, and I've been accepted to two!
25-27 mcat, 3.5-3.6 gpa
Interviewed at the only do school I applied to, 3 allopathic interview invites, one early acceptance so far to my top choice school
Interviewed at the only do school I applied to, 3 allopathic interview invites, one early acceptance so far to my top choice school
28Q 3.9 GPA
applied to 7 schools...interview invites 4
interviewed at 3
accepted at 2 awaiting 1..
27-29er we got this.. lets make sure our step 1 scores are among the best!!!
applied to 7 schools...interview invites 4
interviewed at 3
accepted at 2 awaiting 1..
27-29er we got this.. lets make sure our step 1 scores are among the best!!!
25-27, gpa 3.6 ish, accepted to 1 instate MD! I believe my interview skills, good LOR's and unique/meaningful EC's got the job done! You never know what they are looking for until you try! Keep hammering folks
Congrats! What do you mean by 26-27? Did you take it twice?
I got something in that range that got me in, just once! Range for the sake of anonymity
Oh, I see. Thanks for sharing! It's very encouraging! My mcat is also in that range and I'm waiting to hear back from my one and only interview.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Haven't really had much luck but thought I would chime in.
I have a 28O 3.5 science and cum. I've gotten four DO interviews and three acceptances. So far no interviews from MD and three rejections (USC, UCI, and Creighton). 6 more schools to hear from but I don't think I'll have much luck.
Good luck to all of you I'm sure you'll end up where you are meant to go!
DMU c/I 2017
I have a 28O 3.5 science and cum. I've gotten four DO interviews and three acceptances. So far no interviews from MD and three rejections (USC, UCI, and Creighton). 6 more schools to hear from but I don't think I'll have much luck.
Good luck to all of you I'm sure you'll end up where you are meant to go!
DMU c/I 2017
Just wanted to update my progress. 3 MD IIs. Interviewed at two (Lomda Linda and Carver), withdrew from one (MCW). as of this past Friday: 1st acceptance!!!! (Loma Linda). It can be done everybody! Even if your MCAT is average (or below average per SDN standards lol) just work hard in shining though in your other parts of you app (primary descriptions, PS, secondaries) and practice interviewing. The MCAT is just part of the whole application...you are more than just one score. Give it your best shot! Good luck to all my fellow 27-29 MCATers out there!
Just reading this thread..and It makes me giggle a little bit because I'm curious on what was the lowest MCAT score anyone got accepted with?
I was browsing this thread it made me giggle a little bit then I started seeing that people were getting in to MD schools with 25-27 and It made me curious.
I was browsing this thread it made me giggle a little bit then I started seeing that people were getting in to MD schools with 25-27 and It made me curious.
Believe it, it's not all about the numbers.
Also, are you in high school?
Nah, Had to take a year off family issues.
What I mean is, you haven't started college yet
It really is not all about numbers. The people with subpar scores who matriculate make it up in the rest of their application. It's nothing to "giggle" at or be "curious" about, these people deserve their acceptance.
👍
What I mean is, you haven't started college yet
No not yet, what's you're point?
27Q MCAT, 3.4 cGPA, 3.25 sGPA
5 DO II (attended 2 - accepted at 2)
1 MD II (attended - on hold)
This thread makes me happy 🙂
5 DO II (attended 2 - accepted at 2)
1 MD II (attended - on hold)
This thread makes me happy 🙂
No not yet, what's you're point?
Just don't see how you could know anything about MCAT scores aside from what you see here on SDN considering you haven't studied for it yet let alone even taken a pre-requisite course yet.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just don't see how you could know anything about MCAT scores aside from what you see here on SDN considering you haven't studied for it yet let alone even taken a pre-requisite course yet.
First of all calm down, re-read what I posted again.
I never said anything negative to make you or anyone else here feel "down" because of the score people got.
Also I'm curious to see If anyone got a lower score than that and got accepted to a Medical school.
Please read before you post things.
Yeah, I giggle at a lot of stuff too all the time for no reason.
I don't even have an MCAT score under 30, yet I read this thread for inspiration that it's not all about the numbers because my GPA isn't stellar.
Expect for people to get a little up in arms when you are saying you're giggling about the whole purpose of the thread. Glad to see that reading it changed your mind though. Good luck with college
I don't even have an MCAT score under 30, yet I read this thread for inspiration that it's not all about the numbers because my GPA isn't stellar.
Expect for people to get a little up in arms when you are saying you're giggling about the whole purpose of the thread. Glad to see that reading it changed your mind though. Good luck with college
I just wanted to throw my 2 cents in..
URM/Disadvantaged applicant
28 MCAT
10 MD interview invites
1 withdraw
1acceptance
*I've only attended 4 interviews so far. I have 5 scheduled...
URM/Disadvantaged applicant
28 MCAT
10 MD interview invites
1 withdraw
1acceptance
*I've only attended 4 interviews so far. I have 5 scheduled...
Very nice.
Thanks!
27Q MCAT, 3.4 cGPA, 3.25 sGPA
5 DO II (attended 2 - accepted at 2)
1 MD II (attended - on hold)
This thread makes me happy 🙂
Did you have strong EC's or any other major hooks on your app. Congrats that is great to see and im sure you killed the interview also
Hello all, I don't post much but I hope my story can help inspire someone.
I knew I wanted to be a doc for a while but after 3 MCAT attempts fluctuating between 19-22 I thought US MD schools were out of the question. I took it a 4th time and now I'm finally applying:
19R (7B 5V 7P) -> 3 attempts later
28Q (10B 9V 9P)
BS Human Biology, 3.5 yrs total
3.7 cGPA, 3.8 sGPA cum laude, honors college, Michigan State Univ.
- founded a student organization
- volunteered with Ronald McDonald Charity Houses of Lansing, Boston, Miami for 7 years
- shadowed abt a dozen docs
- 1 yr Anesthesia research paid internship - Harvard Med led to a publication
- 2 yr Neurosurgery research fellow - Univ of Miami - publications and an FDA approved phase I clinical trial for paralysis in humans
Landed 2 MD interviews in Florida and 1 acceptance so far. My secondaries were complete by around October - November.
For all you multiple MCAT test takers out there - don't give up!
For all you 28'ers, just manage to meet their thresholds and you're good.
For all you late applicants, there's still hope!
Good luck everyone!
I knew I wanted to be a doc for a while but after 3 MCAT attempts fluctuating between 19-22 I thought US MD schools were out of the question. I took it a 4th time and now I'm finally applying:
19R (7B 5V 7P) -> 3 attempts later
28Q (10B 9V 9P)
BS Human Biology, 3.5 yrs total
3.7 cGPA, 3.8 sGPA cum laude, honors college, Michigan State Univ.
- founded a student organization
- volunteered with Ronald McDonald Charity Houses of Lansing, Boston, Miami for 7 years
- shadowed abt a dozen docs
- 1 yr Anesthesia research paid internship - Harvard Med led to a publication
- 2 yr Neurosurgery research fellow - Univ of Miami - publications and an FDA approved phase I clinical trial for paralysis in humans
Landed 2 MD interviews in Florida and 1 acceptance so far. My secondaries were complete by around October - November.
For all you multiple MCAT test takers out there - don't give up!
For all you 28'ers, just manage to meet their thresholds and you're good.
For all you late applicants, there's still hope!
Good luck everyone!
Stats and ECs available on MDApps, but briefly, reapplicant here with a balanced 29Q (23O last year), AMCAS 3.76 cGPA (magna cum laude) and 3.66 sGPA, triple major, several pubs, yada yada yada. I posted earlier and am now supplying a brief update with one more to follow near June or July:
3 DO IIs, 2 declined after my first MD acceptance in October and withdrew from all other DO schools at that time. Still waiting to hear a decision on the DO interview, realistically expecting an acceptance.
4 MD IIs, 2 acceptances, and one WL thus far.
Still waiting on word from 7 MD schools regarding interviews, realistically hoping for 2 to 3 more interviews, but wouldn't be surprised if I landed one more or none.
Keep your heads up. I'm elated at my outcome and couldn't believe I was fortunate enough to not only get accepted, but get one so darn early. Congrats to all of you that have seen success this year and good luck to those waiting. Feel free to ask any questions via PM, as I don't regularly check this thread that much.
3 DO IIs, 2 declined after my first MD acceptance in October and withdrew from all other DO schools at that time. Still waiting to hear a decision on the DO interview, realistically expecting an acceptance.
4 MD IIs, 2 acceptances, and one WL thus far.
Still waiting on word from 7 MD schools regarding interviews, realistically hoping for 2 to 3 more interviews, but wouldn't be surprised if I landed one more or none.
Keep your heads up. I'm elated at my outcome and couldn't believe I was fortunate enough to not only get accepted, but get one so darn early. Congrats to all of you that have seen success this year and good luck to those waiting. Feel free to ask any questions via PM, as I don't regularly check this thread that much.
Hello all, I don't post much but I hope my story can help inspire someone.
I knew I wanted to be a doc for a while but after 3 MCAT attempts fluctuating between 19-22 I thought US MD schools were out of the question. I took it a 4th time and now I'm finally applying:
19R (7B 5V 7P) -> 3 attempts later
28Q (10B 9V 9P)
BS Human Biology, 3.5 yrs total
3.7 cGPA, 3.8 sGPA cum laude, honors college, Michigan State Univ.
- founded a student organization
- volunteered with Ronald McDonald Charity Houses of Lansing, Boston, Miami for 7 years
- shadowed abt a dozen docs
- 1 yr Anesthesia research paid internship - Harvard Med led to a publication
- 2 yr Neurosurgery research fellow - Univ of Miami - publications and an FDA approved phase I clinical trial for paralysis in humans
Landed 2 MD interviews in Florida and 1 acceptance so far. My secondaries were complete by around October - November.
For all you multiple MCAT test takers out there - don't give up!
For all you 28'ers, just manage to meet their thresholds and you're good.
For all you late applicants, there's still hope!
Good luck everyone!
Very inspirational! Congrats on the acceptances! Where were the interviews in FL? That your home state?
4 years ago I was accepted to great west coast state school with a 29.
Last week I found out I matched into ophthalmology, one of the more competitie specialties in medicine.
Keep following the dream, young premeds.
Last week I found out I matched into ophthalmology, one of the more competitie specialties in medicine.
Keep following the dream, young premeds.
4 years ago I was accepted to great west coast state school with a 29.
Last week I found out I matched into ophthalmology, one of the more competitie specialties in medicine.
Keep following the dream, young premeds.
👍
I got a 25 (7p 8v 10b) and a 3.5cgpa 3.7sgpa
2 out of state interviews, one if FL one in TN
... just sayin'. Keep on keepin' on.

2 out of state interviews, one if FL one in TN
... just sayin'. Keep on keepin' on.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got less than a 27 MCAT.
5 MD interviews.
5 DO interviews.
6 interviews attended.
6 acceptances.
🙂
5 MD interviews.
5 DO interviews.
6 interviews attended.
6 acceptances.
🙂
Last edited:
4 years ago I was accepted to great west coast state school with a 29.
Last week I found out I matched into ophthalmology, one of the more competitie specialties in medicine.
Keep following the dream, young premeds.
I got a 25 (7p 8v 10b) and a 3.5cgpa 3.7sgpa
2 out of state interviews, one if FL one in TN
... just sayin'. Keep on keepin' on.
![]()
I got less than a 27 MCAT.
5 MD interviews.
5 DO interviews.
6 interviews attended.
5 acceptances.
1 interview result pending.
🙂
Stellar! Grats to all of you!
Stellar! Grats to all of you!
Thanks Guero! Congratulations on your successful cycle as well!!!
I got less than a 27 MCAT.
5 MD interviews.
5 DO interviews.
6 interviews attended.
5 acceptances.
1 interview result pending.
🙂
nice work!! how did you get so many interviews? what was your gpa and ECs? that's amazing man. you can PM me if you like 👍
I got less than a 27 MCAT.
5 MD interviews.
5 DO interviews.
6 interviews attended.
5 acceptances.
1 interview result pending.
🙂
Congrats!
I have a close friend who is trying to get accepted with a 26 MCAT and isn't having much luck.
Did you have a hook? (amazing research? URM status? ) It might help others if those who've gotten several II's or acceptances could include what may have helped (hook, URM, region, etc.)
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 408
- Locked
- Replies
- 10
- Views
- 4K