Any African Pre-Dental/Dental out there?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yaya97

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any other Africans on here that's applying to or already in Dental school? If so, where are you from? I'm from Nigeria and everyone else I know if going the medical route. I'd like to know that I'm not alone. Lol

Members don't see this ad.

Any other Africans on here that's applying to or already in Dental school? If so, where are you from? I'm from Nigeria and everyone else I know if going the medical route. I'd like to know that I'm not alone. Lol
According to the ADEA, underrepresented minority (URM)-Black or African American, Hispanic/Latino of any race, American Indian or Alaska Native, and Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander-students composed 13 percent of the overall applicant pool. You are not alone :)

According to the ADEA, underrepresented minority (URM)-Black or African American, Hispanic/Latino of any race, American Indian or Alaska Native, and Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander-students composed 13 percent of the overall applicant pool. You are not alone :)

Yeah I know that but I'm talking about Africans...like from a country in Africa. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Naija!!!! Class of '15 DDS, and class of '17 Peds Dental Residency. And both of my parents are family medicine physicians so I know all about that side of the coin! Happy to lend any pieces of advice I can :)

Reactions: 2 users
Naija!!!! Class of '15 DDS, and class of '17 Peds Dental Residency. And both of my parents are family medicine physicians so I know all about that side of the coin! Happy to lend any pieces of advice I can :)
Hmm... I think we've met before.

I'm Nigerian as well! Grew up in the US though.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I mostly grew up here but yay glad to connect with you guys!!

Wouldnt be the first time I met an SDN poster in real life...lol.
If we have, then Hello! :)
I was on here tons during my pre-dental days, so this is my way of giving back. I remember the struggle all too well lol
Hey! :hello:
Haha I think you gave me and my Pre-dental club a tour of UTSD waaay back in the day. Probably like 4 or 5 years ago.

Hey! :hello:
Haha I think you gave me and my Pre-dental club a tour of UTSD waaay back in the day. Probably like 4 or 5 years ago.
Lol! Possibly! Glad you ended up at Baylor! If I wasn't getting free rent and food 20 minutes away from the medical center, then I likely would've attended Baylor as well.
I mostly grew up here but yay glad to connect with you guys!!
Moved to the states when I was 8...been here ever since, so I guess I'm pretty Americanized..:highfive:

Reactions: 1 users