any chance w a 17/17/17

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CCDD12

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys, i was wondering if anyone has gotten in with a 17/17/17. those are my stats with a 3.4, and a lot of volunteer and dental experience, but i have not heard back anywhere. i know thats its bc of my late application and low dat scores. thats why i was wondering....has anyone else gotten in w a 17/17/17???? someone say yes and give me some hope

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ya, you have a chance. not a good one. I would say you have a 9% chance of an acceptance with those stats, that you posted. it could improve if you have something unique about you, like you run a dental clinic so you didnt have time to study due to the patients you were helping to take care of.

getting in with a 17AA is like getting in with a sub-3.0 GPA. if you don't get in this cycle, retake the DAT and apply early and you should get in somewhere :thumbup:

Hi,

Stay positive, I got in with an 18/17/17. Don't get discouraged.

-Dave

hey you are better off not asking the people on SDN.

You probably haven't heard back because of your late application. That is THE key to getting in early, or at least hearing by 12/1.

17/17/17 isn't horrible even though everyone on here is going to tell you it is. They just want to give you ulcers and act like they are better than you. When you go to d-school you will meet these types of people and get to laugh in their face when you kick their butt on tests and they just don't understand why someone with a 17/17/17 could do that. Poor them.

I know many people who have gotten in with scores like that and even a few with lower scores (but of course their acceptence had to do more with who Daddy and Mommy know). It is possible to be accepted with a 17/17/17 on your own merit. Last year I was accepted at 3 and waitlisted at 2.

Don't ask questions like this on these forums, it's a waste of time. If you don't get in this year just apply EARLY next year, retake the DAT only if you are SURE you will make a better score and make sure you are doing something productive during the wait. That's my advice.

P.S. Work on your hand skills, can't stress that enough. That's your key to becoming a good dentist, not what you get on the DAT.

hey guys, i was wondering if anyone has gotten in with a 17/17/17. those are my stats with a 3.4, and a lot of volunteer and dental experience, but i have not heard back anywhere. i know thats its bc of my late application and low dat scores. thats why i was wondering....has anyone else gotten in w a 17/17/17???? someone say yes and give me some hope

NO WAY. NO.

You probably haven't heard back because of your late application. That is THE key to getting in early, or at least hearing by 12/1.

Just curious...how late is "late"?...or by what date? I wasn't planning to take the DAT until early summer.

Everyone has a chance mid spring and on. You just have to wait it out!!

Just curious...how late is "late"?...or by what date? I wasn't planning to take the DAT until early summer.

You need to have your application in on June 1st, or at latest the 3rd week of June if you are nervous about your application or DAT scores. You want to be in the first group looked at because it's a better chance than being the last or in the middle and where they have already seen all these amazing applications.

Again this is coming from a 17/17/17 who was accepted to 3 schools and waitlisted at 2. YOU HAVE A CHANCE!!!! :thumbup: