Any inside information of Medical college of Georgia?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hxx437

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm considering to apply for MCG 2005, checked out their home page, it looks like they have applicant/accept ration 2.54:1.
It is not bad. I'm wondering how many are invited for interview?
Is is hard to get in , any inside info appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

This year was the most competitive year in their 30 year history.
200+ applied for 62 spots... about 150 people were granted interviews. I am not sure of this but I heard the avg GPA for applicants was 3.6! (even with my 2.9 GPA, ;) )

I don't know if it will stay that way, but a classmate of mine was waitlisted with 18 DAT score. (I got rejected outright even with higher score...)

I think MCG is the only school that matters little when you apply.

Good luck

Sorry, but 200 application is their most competitive year?
Yet, they have a good pool of excellent students in Georgia.

Members don't see this ad :)
jjdaddy, thank for your reply. I'm from Atlanta. that's the reason I care about MCG. I'll try to apply as many schools as possible anyway.

But, you have to remember, they only accept applications from Georgia residents. Even though many other schools receive 1000+ applications, overall chance of getting into a dental school is about 2:1, which is easier than getting into MCG if you only applied there.

Originally posted by ecdoesit
Sorry, but 200 application is their most competitive year?
Yet, they have a good pool of excellent students in Georgia.

exactly jjdaddy. rumor is that the class of 2008 is going to be a bunch of brainiacs. Glad I don't have to try adn keep up with that group. :)

hxx437, MCG is great. This past two weeks has been a killer with tests and practicals everyday but there is light at the end of the tunnel. I even took ten minutes tonight to check out SDN. ;)Hope to see you here next year.

Brainiacs?? well, then thats not good news for me.

Originally posted by jjdaddy
Even though many other schools receive 1000+ applications, overall chance of getting into a dental school is about 2:1, which is easier than getting into MCG if you only applied there.

But not quite true. The 2:1 ratio is only if you apply to every single dental school. The 2.54:1 ratio listed by MCG is actually an excellent ratio to be working with from an applicant standpoint. Any given school is going to have a applicant/acceptance ratio quite a bit higher than 2:1. Schools that accept lots of students, such as NYU, would still have a 7:1 ratio.