Any inside information of Medical college of Georgia?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hxx437

15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Hi,

I'm considering to apply for MCG 2005, checked out their home page, it looks like they have applicant/accept ration 2.54:1.
It is not bad. I'm wondering how many are invited for interview?
Is is hard to get in , any inside info appreciated.

jjdaddy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This year was the most competitive year in their 30 year history.
200+ applied for 62 spots... about 150 people were granted interviews. I am not sure of this but I heard the avg GPA for applicants was 3.6! (even with my 2.9 GPA, ;) )

I don't know if it will stay that way, but a classmate of mine was waitlisted with 18 DAT score. (I got rejected outright even with higher score...)

I think MCG is the only school that matters little when you apply.

Good luck

ecdoesit

DDS/MS
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry, but 200 application is their most competitive year?
Yet, they have a good pool of excellent students in Georgia.

hxx437

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
jjdaddy, thank for your reply. I'm from Atlanta. that's the reason I care about MCG. I'll try to apply as many schools as possible anyway.

jjdaddy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
But, you have to remember, they only accept applications from Georgia residents. Even though many other schools receive 1000+ applications, overall chance of getting into a dental school is about 2:1, which is easier than getting into MCG if you only applied there.

Originally posted by ecdoesit
Sorry, but 200 application is their most competitive year?
Yet, they have a good pool of excellent students in Georgia.

Supernumerary

A Kinder, Gentler Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
exactly jjdaddy. rumor is that the class of 2008 is going to be a bunch of brainiacs. Glad I don't have to try adn keep up with that group. :)

hxx437, MCG is great. This past two weeks has been a killer with tests and practicals everyday but there is light at the end of the tunnel. I even took ten minutes tonight to check out SDN. ;)Hope to see you here next year.

jchen8

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Brainiacs?? well, then thats not good news for me.

ItsGavinC

Moderator Emeritus
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by jjdaddy
Even though many other schools receive 1000+ applications, overall chance of getting into a dental school is about 2:1, which is easier than getting into MCG if you only applied there.

But not quite true. The 2:1 ratio is only if you apply to every single dental school. The 2.54:1 ratio listed by MCG is actually an excellent ratio to be working with from an applicant standpoint. Any given school is going to have a applicant/acceptance ratio quite a bit higher than 2:1. Schools that accept lots of students, such as NYU, would still have a 7:1 ratio.