Any Iowa residents still waiting to hear from Iowa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hsama

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Admissions at Iowa told me letters were going out the end of last week. Thought I might get something today-ish. Interview was in early December. What is the longest they might hold an application without your hearing anything?

Members don't see this ad.

hsama said:
Admissions at Iowa told me letters were going out the end of last week. Thought I might get something today-ish. Interview was in early December. What is the longest they might hold an application without your hearing anything?

I was told that if you're applying as a resident you might not hear from them until mid-Feb. (unless of course you have decent stats and applied early on)

You can always call or e-mail them and ask to see if another round of acceptance letters went out.

Good Luck

chordata said:
I was told that if you're applying as a resident you might not hear from them until mid-Feb. (unless of course you have decent stats and applied early on)

You can always call or e-mail them and ask to see if another round of acceptance letters went out.

Good Luck

I don't want to make a nuisance of myself to Elaine in admissions by calling or emailing again, and yet I'm dying to know. Chordata (and others who've been accepted), please advise. I've already been in fairly close contact with admissions and was told my app was considered in the last round, for which letters went out last week. Even though I just want make sure I haven't missed an acceptance letter, I'm afraid that if I contact Elaine/admissions again...I might come accross as pushy or impatient. After all, my hunch is that I was considered, but just didn't get sent an acceptance letter this round. She did say during the interview that they may hold applications for residents until a following round. Be honest now...Do you think it is better to just wait until the end of February or contact her again at risk becoming an annoyance?

Members don't see this ad :)
hsama said:
I don't want to make a nuisance of myself to Elaine in admissions by calling or emailing again, and yet I'm dying to know. Chordata (and others who've been accepted), please advise. I've already been in fairly close contact with admissions and was told my app was considered in the last round, for which letters went out last week. Even though I just want make sure I haven't missed an acceptance letter, I'm afraid that if I contact Elaine/admissions again...I might come accross as pushy or impatient. After all, my hunch is that I was considered, but just didn't get sent an acceptance letter this round. She did say during the interview that they may hold applications for residents until a following round. Be honest now...Do you think it is better to just wait until the end of February or contact her again at risk becoming an annoyance?

I don't think it will hurt to give her another call...unless you've already contacted her more than once since your interview. Elaine seems like a pretty nice person and I'm sure she's used to people calling her. She's also very straightforward and upfront about your status.

However, if you really want to know what I would do...I would probably wait a little longer (like next week) to call her.

chordata said:
I don't think it will hurt to give her another call...unless you've already contacted her more than once since your interview. Elaine seems like a pretty nice person and I'm sure she's used to people calling her. She's also very straightforward and upfront about your status.

However, if you really want to know what I would do...I would probably wait a little longer (like next week) to call her.

Yeah, I think I'd better hang tight. Elaine has been wonderful .. so informative, approachable and organized. I think of how zooey it must be this time of year and she remains on top of all!

Dang! How nice it must feel to have that acceptance letter! Good for you!