Any opinions on Access Group as a Stafford loan lender?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kelbal10

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody. I am in the process of deciding what to do about my financial aid circumstances. So far I am leaning towards using Access Group as my lender. Anybody have any opinions on this? The main things that I am looking for are if the lender has origination fees or other kinds of fees and the interest rates while in school for the unsubsidized stafford loans. Access Group seems to be the best. The payment plans after school do not seem to be as important to me, as I could consolidate after school is over. Although access group's repayment plans seems to be solid anyhow. Any advice on this issue is greatly appreciated. Perhaps posting your financial plans and lenders and why you chose that particular lender would be beneficial to others. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

I have also been considering access group for the same exact reasons. Shall i contact access group right now or when i know what dental school i'm going to? I'm applying to dental schools this application cycle.
I do not know of any other good lenders.

Members don't see this ad :)
drengineer said:
I have also been considering access group for the same exact reasons. Shall i contact access group right now or when i know what dental school i'm going to? I'm applying to dental schools this application cycle.
I do not know of any other good lenders.

You could contact them at any time for information I guess. However, you will not get any financial aid information until you are admitted to a dental school and decide to attend there. They will then send you a financial aid report which will let you know the amount of stafford loans you can receive. I would not worry so much about financial aid yet if you are applying for the 2006 cycle. Also, your school will probably send you a list of lenders.

JavadiCavity said:
I decided to go with AccessGroup for my Stafford and private loans. I've been really happy with the whole process.

Thanks for the input Javadi. I have decided to use them as well - you made me even more confident with my choice. :thumbup: