any peds interviews yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey,
Is anyone having a difficult time scheduling an interview at Rainbow Babies? I have tried emailing them twice over the past two weeks and calling them, but haven't had any luck. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in the same situation with Rainbow Babies. I scheduled an interview 2 weeks ago and haven't heard back. I also emailed them but no one emailed me back. The same is with UIC. I'd just be patient. I'm sure they are aware.

Univ of Connecticut
Univ of Arizona

Members don't see this ad :)
yesterday - Vanderbilt
today - U of IL and Northwestern

Rainbow babies takes a while to get back to you...I finally ended up calling them yesterday and found out that my first date was honored...the office is swamped with replies and the coordinator said she would be sending out confirmations over the next few days. On the interview front:
U of Arizona
Ohio State

Got one from Rush Medical College Chicago this PM. I'll be looking forward to that confirmation from Rainbow.

ditto - Rush tonight

Question for "siempre595":
So I'm in a similar situation... My bf is Early-Match for Neurosurgery (Arhhhh) and I'm also applying all over the place. I've got a bunch of interviews too and I'm seriously stressing-out about not having enough days to go everywhere, specially since the programs I'm really interested in are not even inviting until after Nov 1st....
How are you dealing with this?

Rainbow Babies gave me an interview confirmation today so if you're waiting, you should be getting one very soon. If you just recently gave them dates, it may take a couple of weeks because it took about 2 weeks from me replying with potential dates and today.

U Conn and Stony brook earlier this week

Does anyone know which programs don't offer interviews until after Nov 1/Dean's letters? I've heard this is true of Boston Children's and Hopkins ... are there others?

Members don't see this ad :)
U colorado and CHLA today

Z

UCLA does not offer interviews until the Dean's List arrives....besides the two u mentioned and UCLA I am not sure of others that do this.

Received my Rainbow Babies Confirmation today. Thanks for the replies about it.

CHOP earlier and Colorado today!

Colorado today for me too

St Louis U
Northwestern
UIC
Loyola
Christ
Lutheran
Rush
Univ of Minnesota

Univ of Missouri-Columbia yesterday

Riley Children's Hospital Indiana University today

wewt, CHOP today. I know other people already posted this, but i'm all excited.

Z

Miami Children's
UMDNJ

both this morning

Congrats everybody.

UChicago, Christ/Advocate, and St. Chris yesterday.

Has anybody heard from Tufts, Cornell, or Brown? I saw one Columbia post...

U Michigan
MUSC
Loma Linda
UMDNJ-NJMS

Congrats everybody.

UChicago, Christ/Advocate, and St. Chris yesterday.

Has anybody heard from Tufts, Cornell, or Brown? I saw one Columbia post...

brown told me they would be sending out invites in a week or two

z

The program director at Cornell told me that she hasn't even begun to review applications, but will do so and will start sending interview invitations in the next coulple of weeks.

Just curious---
Do you guys know these PDs or did you just cold call them about it?

Ah, yep. That makes sense. Way more normal :) Thanks zedpol!

i was notifying Brown about an update to my application by email, when they replied they said thanks and told me when the interview invites would be happening. No prompting :)

Z

I got an invite to UAB yesterday. Only other ones that haven't already been listed are Mercer (Macon, GA), ECU/Pitt Co (Greenville, NC), and Greenville, SC.

UAB today ... still waiting on 2 LORs! It's killing me ... don't know how to get them to submit them without pestering!

UC Irvine
USC
UCSF-Fresno
Loma Linda
Kaiser LA
Kaiser Oakland
Phoenix Childrens
Univ. of Arizona
Univ. of Utah

University of Washington (Seattle)

Univ of Indiana
(except I already withdrew from this program....)

Hi, I am asking for a friend of mine who's applied Wayne State peds. Has anyone heard from them? When did they send out the invite.. Would much appreciate your input.

CHOP
Univ of COlorado
CHLA
Childrens MEmorial

Have 3 LOR and everything else submitted

Today (10/16/06):

Cornell

Cornell yesterday (10/16)

Baytstate
Loyola
Christ
Lutheran
VCU
Einstein (philly)
Dupont
Maryland
Sinai
Maine
Miami
Cooper (NJ)

I have an interview there. Did anyone else get an interview invite? Whats the latest news about the conflict between DMC and Wayne State University? Anyone Please....?

Rochester
Tufts/New England Medical Center
both today though I had withdrawn my application from both weeks ago. I'm guessing the withdraw option on ERAS doesn't really send an email to the residency sites.