Anyone Applying to Oklahoma?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just received my orientation packet yesterday with info for buying scrubs. I was wondering if a current dental student would know if we have to purchase our scrubs through the uniform shoppe (school suggestion) or are we allowed to buy from another place? I'm asking because I thought geez... $231 for scrubs and all....

Members don't see this ad.

twankfanny said:
I just received my orientation packet yesterday with info for buying scrubs. I was wondering if a current dental student would know if we have to purchase our scrubs through the uniform shoppe (school suggestion) or are we allowed to buy from another place? I'm asking because I thought geez... $231 for scrubs and all....

not sure, i ordered them last week. they said i was like the 25th or so person to order, some people were getting (6) pairs.... im guessing you can not because the uniform shop was going to bring them to orientation.

tryan77 said:
not sure, i ordered them last week. they said i was like the 25th or so person to order, some people were getting (6) pairs.... im guessing you can not because the uniform shop was going to bring them to orientation.

I ordered them a couple of weeks ago. I was wanting to buy them at wholesale prices from my dad's catalogs, but decided not to because I didn't know the specifics on the embroidery and such.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow....we are getting close. 4wks of my prerequ. class left, then a CPR class, my vaccination history is ready, uniforms are bought, I just need to get some finacial aid. I feel all the "loose strings" coming together FAST! Soon will begin the left 4yrs and end my career as an engineer. Wow...never saw that one coming....

tryan77 said:
Wow....we are getting close. 4wks of my prerequ. class left, then a CPR class, my vaccination history is ready, uniforms are bought, I just need to get some finacial aid. I feel all the "loose strings" coming together FAST! Soon will begin the left 4yrs and end my career as an engineer. Wow...never saw that one coming....

My CPR class & vacs are done. I'm still waiting for finaid though. I think the OUHSC doesn't send out finaid letters until the 1st of May. That kinda sucks, but I'm sure we'll get something. At least, we better. Hey do you guys already have health insurance? If not, do you know if we'll be able to purchase that during the orientation or would I need to speak with someone else prior to that time?

Hey all you Sooners!!
I just wanted to say best of luck to you all next year at OU!!:) Im sure it will be so awesome, and I wish the best for each of you!
Tomorrow I will be withdrawing my spot in the class...I was accepted to UCLA today and I will be attending there!

Best of luck to each of you, and I hope someone can now be a happy camper taking my spot and being moved up from the waitlist!:) P.S. If you are that person, PM me...that would be so cool!:)

fleisch said:
Hey all you Sooners!!
I just wanted to say best of luck to you all next year at OU!!:) Im sure it will be so awesome, and I wish the best for each of you!
Tomorrow I will be withdrawing my spot in the class...I was accepted to UCLA today and I will be attending there!

Best of luck to each of you, and I hope someone can now be a happy camper taking my spot and being moved up from the waitlist!:) P.S. If you are that person, PM me...that would be so cool!:)

Were you a resident or non-resident???

I don't know why I'm even making this post, well. I'm not going to Okalahoma.

fleisch said:
Hey all you Sooners!!

Good choice, cuz I'm going to UCLA as well!!!

I just received a letter today about a pre-orientation bbq on Sun., Jun. 26th. I was wondering if anyone else is going? I thought the price was a bit crazy if you bought all of the books (around $1000). :eek:

Has anyone started reviewing for biochem? I don't know about you guys, but I find it a bit hard trying to study once again during the short summer break that we have.

twankfanny said:
I just received a letter today about a pre-orientation bbq on Sun., Jun. 26th. I was wondering if anyone else is going? I thought the price was a bit crazy if you bought all of the books (around $1000). :eek:

Has anyone started reviewing for biochem? I don't know about you guys, but I find it a bit hard trying to study once again during the short summer break that we have.

I'm going to try to make it for the bbq if I can get back in time from helping my brother move to Colorado. Yeah, the books are a bit pricey, but I guess it's expected. :( Oh yeah, I haven't really studied biochem. :oops: Need to do that! Well, I hope to see you there!

Well, hope you'll be able to make it back for the bbq. I received another packet today in the mail about another orientation (IT) the week our anatomy class starts. My orientation is from 10am-noon on Thursday, Jun. 30th, so are any of you in that time slot too?

twankfanny said:
Well, hope you'll be able to make it back for the bbq. I received another packet today in the mail about another orientation in the morning on the day our anatomy class starts. My orientation is from 10am-noon, so are any of you in that time slot too?

mine is also from 10am-12...

dosocho said:
mine is also from 10am-12...

That's cool. We'll get to meet. Don't know how we'll know who's who, but I'm sure we'll find out sooner or later, huh? :)

Hey guys... I'm a second year at OUCOD and I thought I would say hi! The orientation is next week and we have been working hard on it. I think you all made a really good decision to come to OU. It's a good school. Just relax and everything will be cool. I'll see ya'll at the BBQ!

Hey classmates,

I hope to meet you all at the bbq this Sunday. I am a little nervous about getting back into the study mode again...as for biochem....I have not looked at anything. I can't force myself to study during this short summer...I
am sure some of you can relate. Anyway, I am anxious and excited about kicking the first year off. I know everything will work out and, when its all said and done, this year of learning our profession will be AWESOME!!!

Talk to you all soon...

-Zack