Anyone else freakin' cuz your interviews are too late for an acceptance?O_o

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
tacrum43 said:
I thought you meant actual cream. You know, like you put in coffee. Whipped cream makes more sense though.

I'm actually not a fan of nutella though. Please don't kill me. :eek:

seriously, you're basically saying "i'm actually not a fan of creamy, hazelnuty, chocolatey goodness that can be spread onto whateve surface i so desire"

i don't think that's possible, and i almost had to cut my hands off b/c i typed it, luckily i was holding a spoonful of nutella in one hand

Members don't see this ad.

desiredusername said:
ok, here's the deal, lady:
I was driving by a park today and there was an old man in the middle of a field doing the robot and it was just the dopest thing I've ever seen. Ok, maybe he was having a seizure or something, I can't be bothered with details. My point is, it's like corn on the cob in a time machine. Well, maybe not, but corn on the cob is really good.

:laugh: ! i have gotta say, i think i'm officially speechless

C.P. Jones said:
wow, you learn something new every day!

since i have no idea what this unwhipped whipping cream business is all about, can someone just make it for me and send it to me? thanks.

ps, i found a jar of nutella upstairs in my house, let the party begin :D

In the days before Ready-Whip, people actually made whip cream by whipping actual cream by hand or with an electric mixer. It tastes much better than buying the stuff in the can, but it takes longer and is messier. "Heavy Whipping Cream" comes in little cartons that are usually somewhere in the dairy section.

Members don't see this ad :)
C.P. Jones said:
seriously, you're basically saying "i'm actually not a fan of creamy, hazelnuty, chocolatey goodness that can be spread onto whateve surface i so desire"

i don't think that's possible, and i almost had to cut my hands off b/c i typed it, luckily i was holding a spoonful of nutella in one hand

Well, I think I only had it once, and that was on toast, but I didn't like it. I do like chocolate and hazelnuts under most circumstances though, so maybe I should try it again. But not on toast.

tacrum43 said:
In the days before Ready-Whip, people actually made whip cream by whipping actual cream by hand or with an electric mixer. It tastes much better than buying the stuff in the can, but it takes longer and is messier. "Heavy Whipping Cream" comes in little cartons that are usually somewhere in the dairy section.

ohhhh, so this may be what i just consider to be "heavy cream", which basically looks like really thick milk....i've had it cooked in pasta....mmmmmm

tacrum43 said:
Well, I think I only had it once, and that was on toast, but I didn't like it. I do like chocolate and hazelnuts under most circumstances though, so maybe I should try it again. But not on toast.

i think it's good on toast, so you're just weird; however, it is GREAT on its own...actually, it's really good in crepes (sp?)

I'm making crepes tomorrow for breakfast. Gotta make some hot fruit compote to put in them... 'cuz the kids can't have grand marnier sauce before school :laugh: .

And reddi-whip? Never had it. Always bought heavy cream (aka whipping cream) and made my own - this way you can flavor it with homemade vanilla (take a vanilla bean, split it and put it in a bottle of rum). YUMMY!!!!!! put a dollop on your coffee! Put a dollop on your hot chocolate! Put a dollop on your husband/wife/partner! YUMMY YUMMY! :) :) :)

ShyRem said:
I'm making crepes tomorrow for breakfast. Gotta make some hot fruit compote to put in them... 'cuz the kids can't have grand marnier sauce before school :laugh: .

And reddi-whip? Never had it. Always bought heavy cream (aka whipping cream) and made my own - this way you can flavor it with homemade vanilla (take a vanilla bean, split it and put it in a bottle of rum). YUMMY!!!!!! put a dollop on your coffee! Put a dollop on your hot chocolate! Put a dollop on your husband/wife/partner! YUMMY YUMMY! :) :) :)
Ahhh yes. Whipping cream. All the sudden I have found something I would rather do than be on SDN right now. See you guys later. I have seducing to do....

All I can think of is that colourless child talking about whipping cream & seducing, gd. The freaky part is he talks like vincent price.

gdbaby said:
Ahhh yes. Whipping cream. All the sudden I have found something I would rather do than be on SDN right now. See you guys later. I have seducing to do....
Wow. :eek: uhhh...wow. ;)

desiredusername said:
All I can think of is that colourless child talking about whipping cream & seducing, gd. The freaky part is he talks like vincent price.
HA! Look, I was just following ShyRem's lead. Damn. Whoever posts last on the thread really puts themself in the hot seat!

ShyRem said:
Gee, and I thought gd was gonna go try for playmate for her little one! ;)
HA! No. I love my son, and he's an only child. I commend anyone who can have more than one. I don't have it in me; too horrible "all day" sickness for T1, 10 days past due, induction, c-section, colic for first three months.

My son will be grounded for ten days the day he turns 12 and he won't even no why! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
gdbaby said:
My son will be grounded for ten days the day he turns 12 and he won't even no why! :)

do you guys ever get worried that you're gonna completely neglect your kids while in med school? and that maybe they'll run away and join a pack of hyenas or something? I know you probably wont, but also will to a certain extent, understandably. i don't think i'm ever gonna have kids so i'd like to hear what you guys think.
-mota

But all kids and pgs are different.

BTW: while I had absolutely NO sickness at all, both my kids were early (the girl was 4 weeks early, the boy 3), no labor drugs at all (not even an iv), labor was short and sweet (less than 3 hours), and the kids never had colic.

HOWEVER: infertility drugs (for both kids) were truly heinous. The side effects from the drugs were horrible. My son had surgery at the age of 6 months for an inguinal hernia and an orchioplexy. My daughter had rotavirus at 9 months that required iv solutions at home for 2 days (we figured since I was a medic I could handle it).

I still think that my children should give ME gifts on their birthdays. :laugh:

DaMota said:
do you guys ever get worried that you're gonna completely neglect your kids while in med school? and that maybe they'll run away and join a pack of hyenas or something? I know you probably wont, but also will to a certain extent, understandably. i don't think i'm ever gonna have kids so i'd like to hear what you guys think.
-mota
I am still dealing with the guilt of neglecting my son while studying for the MCAT's. Since I had to take that biotch twice, I didn't see him much from January through August this year.

But, I feel like I am pretty good at balance. He goes to bed at 8 so from 8-12 I study. I know med school will be more demanding of my time, but I think the first two years will be okay. Rotations is another story. That may be harder. I worry, but I worry more about being a good example for my son and I defintiely think I do that. He is funny, kind, loving and helpful (as helpful as he can be for being 3 ft tall!)--can't ask for anything else.

That being said, sometimes I think my son looks at me and thinks "a family of chimps could do a better job."

Mota, once you settle on one of those hotties in your pictures you will be a blast with kids.

ShyRem said:
I still think that my children should give ME gifts on their birthdays. :laugh:
HA! I make sure I call my mom first thing on my birthday! 40 hours of labor and weight 10 lbs, 11 oz deserves a thank you once a year!

DaMota said:
-mota
Mota, I went back to school when my son was 4 and my daughter was 7, and took 21 credit course loads. I think the best part for me with my kids is that my kids are also in school... so I won't spend more time away from them while I'm actually in school. Study time? Well, that's time management. My kids go to bed at a decent hour (8pm), so I have evenings to study. Lunch time to study. and I have them quiz me when we're running errands - they love it.

Rotations and internship? Well, that'll be time for my husband to spend lots of time with the kids. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it. But I have talked to them about how much time this whole endeavor will take... they know. And they think it's pretty darn cool. As for missing their school stuff along the way, well, my husband (their daddy) is a cop, so we're all VERY familiar with a parent missing school plays, shopping, birthday parties, and holidays. It's just my turn to miss them for a while. And we're all ok with that. Med school takes sacrifice - and my husband and I have tried to be realistic with our kids. Actions and consequences. They choose to not clean their room, they don't get to watch the movie or play the game. I choose to go to med school, I may not get to every school function and I may be grumpy around exam time.

It can be done. But everything takes some kind of sacrifice. For us, this price is worth it. I have limited myself in lots of ways to my choices for med school with my family's input (turned down an MSUCOM interview and an interview to a DO school in Georgia because they'd rather go to Maine). I didn't apply to some schools because *they* REALLY didn't want to live there (AZ, TX, NM, FL, etc). That's ok with me, and it gives them input to the process.

you both seem like great mamas. i can tell cuz mine's pretty good herself. she does occasionally drug test me (uhh...) and is rather neurotic (she tells me not to sleep with white women because they sleep with 5 guys at a time without telling you and that if i HAVE to i should use two condoms -- true story), but other than that i can tell she's got a ridiculous amount of love for me. man, she says some weird **** though. she's incredibly OCD. when i told her i was sick she went on this 20 minute diatribe about how when i use the bathroom i should wash my hands, dry my hands, use the napkin to close the faucet and open the door and then walk back to whatever i'm doing without touching anything and if people try to shake my hand apologize and say i can't for some reason. HAHAHA. insanity. but kind of endearing at the same time.
-mota

Okay, our off tack-ness is getting so off track that many people can't even come on the track. All me to redirect:

What is your favorite canned vegetable?

Mine: green beans

gdbaby said:
Okay, our off tack-ness is getting so off track that many people can't even come on the track. All me to redirect:

What is your favorite canned vegetable?

Mine: green beans

water chestnuts and baby corn. i dont know what the hell they are but they are what's right in the world right now.
-mota

DaMota said:
water chestnuts and baby corn. i dont know what the hell they are but they are what's right in the world right now.
-mota

I :love: water chestnuts. Baby corn is good too, but I just have to say how awesome water chestnuts are, especially in stir fry. Mmmmm, stir fry.

ShyRem said:
Home canned? or store canned?
Defintely store canned so that their color is something you don't see in nature.

Well, store canned I'd have to say corn. The best canned corn is store bought.

Home canned? Dilled green beans. I'd say tomatoes, but those are a fruit.

there is no excuse that this thread has moved to page two while "thoughts on Loyola Stritch" remains on page one.

Here's the topic for the day:

What family member are you LEAST looking forward to seeing over the break?

Me: My stepbrother. He is one of the most conservative, synical, overgeneralizing people i know. I am just glad I don't have any of his genes! I wouldn't even mind he conservative part if he wasn't so generalizing/stereotyping.

I'm stayin' home for Christmas and my inlaws are coming to see us. However, IF I were to be going over to Denver for christmas, my sister-in-law. She's a b!tch. Won't talk to me 'cuz I passed Ochem (she was premed 15 years ago and failed OChem miserably), and now that I got an acceptance to a DO school, she hasn't even said congrats.

Oh, did I mention the first year she was married to my brotherinlaw I made them a quilt. Their gift?

wait for it.. this is good...

a barbeque sauce gift pack.

I'm sure they thought it was great 'cuz I cook, but I make my OWN bbq sauce. b!tch.

ShyRem said:
I'm stayin' home for Christmas and my inlaws are coming to see us. However, IF I were to be going over to Denver for christmas, my sister-in-law. She's a b!tch. Won't talk to me 'cuz I passed Ochem (she was premed 15 years ago and failed OChem miserably), and now that I got an acceptance to a DO school, she hasn't even said congrats.

Oh, did I mention the first year she was married to my brotherinlaw I made them a quilt. Their gift?

wait for it.. this is good...

a barbeque sauce gift pack.

I'm sure they thought it was great 'cuz I cook, but I make my OWN bbq sauce. b!tch.
This is priceless!!

I made a cooked eggnog last night. Wiped out my stash of bourbon.

Gonna make Martha Stewart's eggnog today to take to a party tonight. Anyone seen the recipe? 1/3 milk, 1/3 cream, 1/3 booze. About. No lie. Don't light a match. Anyone wanna come????? :D

ShyRem said:
I made a cooked eggnog last night. Wiped out my stash of bourbon.

Gonna make Martha Stewart's eggnog today to take to a party tonight. Anyone seen the recipe? 1/3 milk, 1/3 cream, 1/3 booze. About. No lie. Don't light a match. Anyone wanna come????? :D
May i invite myself? I hope I didn't irritate you yesterday with the clean room discussion. I guess I was thinking about how much I am becoming like my mother, including the clean room thing, and I was trying to fight it.

Shy, your the best virtual friend a gal can have. Can i wear velvet to the party?

gdbaby said:
Can i wear velvet to the party?
Ok, y'all are female (it's taken me a while to figure this out but i'm pretty sure of it now), so can you tell me when it's ok to start wearing white again? I don't want to make a faux pas but it's after labor day so how long do I have to wait? New year's? The spring? Never? (but I want to wear my white wife-beater! ...and nothing else, oh baby.)
Thank you for your cooperation. Did I mention that I like what you've done with your hair? What, you haven't done anything? It must just be your natural radiance. Ok, enough pleasantries, I want answers.

gd, you certain didn't irritate me with clean room talk. I'd much rather have messy room and good ankle. :) But it's just not meant to be. No more heels for me!!! (that one really made me mad, too - I had LOTS of beautiful heels that I wore all the time. Had to throw them all out. :mad: ).

You can wear anything you darn well want to the party. Just don't have any active warrants (it's a party full of cops - and believe me, they know how to party).

desiredusername said:
Ok, y'all are female (it's taken me a while to figure this out but i'm pretty sure of it now), so can you tell me when it's ok to start wearing white again? I don't want to make a faux pas but it's after labor day so how long do I have to wait? New year's? The spring? Never? (but I want to wear my white wife-beater! ...and nothing else, oh baby.)
Thank you for your cooperation. Did I mention that I like what you've done with your hair? What, you haven't done anything? It must just be your natural radiance. Ok, enough pleasantries, I want answers.
HA! there is such a thing as "winter white," but I think the old school hard line was white is worn between memorial day and labor day. But I think that is just if you want to wear a whole bunch of frickin' white. You can get away with a white shirt right now.

I am an autumn, color wise, for my skin, so I rarely wear white unless it is under something in the brown/orange/red color scheme.

Shy, no heels for me either. Bunion surgery on both feet ended that. I still try to wear them for interviews and always end up putting on my tenny runners mid way through the day.

gd, try beautifeel shoes. I was VERY pleasantly surprised by the comfort there, and they had a really cute 1" heel shoe that I got for my interviews. But they're awfully expensive.

Oh, and gd is right about white. The 'winter white' is a cream color of white. However, that has really fallen by the wayside except in some southern areas and now white is appropriate anytime.

i just finished my last o-chem test i will ever take and all i gotta say is that subject needs to be forgotten. like latin. just let it go people. worst subject ever. i'm no longer pre-med and i feel just dandy.

DU- i've worn the same clothes for the last 4 days, haven't shaved in 6, wear white daily and i still think i'm dead sexy. i say go ahead and wear your white. but obviously not to your interviews.

-mota

gdbaby said:
there is no excuse that this thread has moved to page two while "thoughts on Loyola Stritch" remains on page one.

i just wanna point out that that thread has been around for 43 days and has ~11,000 hits, we've only been around for 12 days and already have half that. we're much cooler.
-mota

DaMota said:
i still think i'm dead sexy.
-mota
Don't just think you're sexy. You are sexy. Know it. Live it.
I want to change my username. I'm not soliciting suggestions. I think I'm going to do it, though. This current username is teh gay.

^ i dont get ur avatar

jtank said:
its pretty cool, theres no part ii?
Naw, sorry about that, pilgrim. That's it; it's their only video and it never got any airplay, anyway....
gdbaby said:
Ok, to be fair you have to concede that thread actually has a point. This thread is kicking ass for what it is.

DaMota said:
i just finished my last o-chem test i will ever take and all i gotta say is that subject needs to be forgotten. like latin. just let it go people. worst subject ever. i'm no longer pre-med and i feel just dandy.

DU- i've worn the same clothes for the last 4 days, haven't shaved in 6, wear white daily and i still think i'm dead sexy. i say go ahead and wear your white. but obviously not to your interviews.

-mota
I minored in Latin. Salve, Mota!!! Just finished my last O Chem lab final ever. Sweeeet.

Once again, I am wearing sweats in public. Still damn sexy, though.

desiredusername said:
Ok, to be fair you have to concede that thread actually has a point. This thread is kicking ass for what it is.
Yesterday they were discussing how to shovel out cars. We were discussing canned vegetables. Apples to apples, my friend in white.

everyone go download Vitalic - wooo. it'll get you off to a good start this morning.

anybody else being a complete crackhead? its 830 and im still working on a final that i have to turn in by 11. i had a final yesterday morning, then saw king kong (terrible) then slept til 2 am at which point i sat down to work on this paper in a delirious haze. can't wait for this to all be over. i have another one saturday. i'm gonna go to 7-11 to get some coffee. talk amongst yourselves, children.
-mota

i love printing on econofast on my printer. it starts behaving like a wild animal spitting pages out violently and prints in the most dysfunctional of manners a few lines on this page a few on that. i just sit back and enjoy the show. oh man. good times.
-mota

DaMota said:
i love printing on econofast on my printer. it starts behaving like a wild animal spitting pages out violently and prints in the most dysfunctional of manners a few lines on this page a few on that. i just sit back and enjoy the show. oh man. good times.
-mota
I think that Roadside cappi you bought at 7-11 was low on hot water and high on the cappi. As for me. Cleaning the bathroom while my kid watches Bob the Builder. We're about to hop on the bus and head to the post office to mail our Christmas presents to Chicago so we don't have to bring them on the plane with us.

I feel like Frank the Tank from Old School. "we have a very busy day. We will be going to Home Depot and maybe Bed Bath and Beyond. We may not have enough time."

And I'm sitting here nursing a head cold in front of the fireplace with a jug of hot tea. Just ordered the last of my christmas gifts for my family online (gotta LOVE direct shipping!), and gd if you're into really awesome different cheeses, check out artisanalcheese.com. FABULOUS! but pricey to ship.

you two are a lot more legitimate humans than i am.

my time is a piece of wax falling on a termite thats choking on the splinters.
soy un perdedor
-mota

get crazy with the cheez whiz!
-mota