Anyone else on interview invitation hiatus?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
GIVE ME AN INTERVIEW, MAGIC THREAD! Please!!! MSSM or NYU please. *sigh*

Members don't see this ad.

ugh. nothing this week...wat a terrible, painfully slow process

i've been on hiatus for weeks. just got an interview from BU today on my status page!!! this is the second time i have been notified on saturday.

GO RED SOX 2008!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
George freaking Washington... 11/02 on hold by email.

Going on 7 weeks. I concur with the "dear med schools, this isn't funny" poster. Sigh.

please thread, before you are closed, i just want an interview in nyc and i have been waiting so long for it, pleaaaaaaase

I was just put on hold at GW and I would really like to go to this school!! Please, thread, grant me at least one interview somewhere and I will be forever grateful to you!!

Thanks

I asked a week ago for some interviews and you gave me a REJECTION!
Please send me interviews. It's the beginning of a new month. Admissions Committees should have met last week or will be meeting this week. I'll be checking my email and mailbox religiously!
Thanks

please please some more good news!! :D

:luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
I NEED AN INTERVIEW! COME ON STUPID LUCKY THREAD!!! I can't believe I'm actually saying this.

It's been almost three weeks since I've had an invite... I know that I'm getting greedy, but nothing can compare to the post-interview-invite euphoria. Not even chocolate

psst- What's up, Stanford? Hope all is well in Palo Alto. I'd love to visit. Many other people are eagerly waiting for you. Please send interview invitations. You said late October and it's early November already!!! Respectfully yours,

-me

:luck::luck::luck:Good luck everyone:luck::luck::luck:

Last and only interview was 9/14. Come on, give me some more!

people who post on this thread. PLEASE tell us when you get a new interview after a hiatus. gives us hope that interviews are still coming.

Work your magic!! I need some interviews!! PLEASEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

dear magical thread,

do your thang. thanks.

-thestudent

is anyone else sick of checking the "hiatus" thread to see if someone on hiatus has gotten an interview invite, only to find some version of:

"Give me some love magic thread, puleeze?"

it is getting a bit silly, don't you think? we want information and hope, not more superstitious begging.:confused:

is anyone else sick of checking the "hiatus" thread to see if someone on hiatus has gotten an interview invite, only to find some version of:

it is getting a bit silly, don't you think? we want information and hope, not more superstitious begging.:confused:

don't hate the playas, hate the game. :D

that being said: dear loyola, please love me as much as i love you. give me an invite pleeeeease!

i'm just glad this thread has gone this long without turning into a stupid debate over affirmative action/urms, or the many other reasons why one person may get an interview somewhere over someone else. This is one of the few sdn threads that has stayed supportive. so it's a happier thread for me. PS thread, my friend is still sad. please make her happy.

i'm just glad this thread has gone this long without turning into a stupid debate over affirmative action/urms, or the many other reasons why one person may get an interview somewhere over someone else. This is one of the few sdn threads that has stayed supportive. so it's a happier thread for me. PS thread, my friend is still sad. please make her happy.

but we are SCIENTISTS!! this can be a happy supportive thread without being silly, "please magic thread." we are busy people and that is a waste of everyone's time. (I could save 30 seconds of my 4 hours per day on SDN!!!!)

but we are SCIENTISTS!! this can be a happy supportive thread without being silly, "please magic thread." we are busy people and that is a waste of everyone's time. (I could save 30 seconds of my 4 hours per day on SDN!!!!)
It is kinda funny that this thread transformed from a thread where people could learn of others that haven't received interviews recently to a thread where somebody got the idea that the thread helped land them an interview.

I think people need an outlet. They need to feel like they are doing *something* while they endure the excruciating waiting process. Everyone knows that posting on the thread is irrelevant, but that doesn't matter.

i hate to state the obvious....but then why don't you just not read it? i know you're looking for people to get off hiatus but woulnd't you see that in the interview thread? silly superstition is all some people have left at this point...plus, it's fun to be ridiculous occassionally.

Dear magic thread,

Only one interview and it's for my state school, nothing in the last month but rejection letters so PLEASE give me an interview. I will be so happy if you do!:D

Dear magic thread,

Only one interview and it's for my state school, nothing in the last month but rejection letters so PLEASE give me an interview. I will be so happy if you do!:D

OMG. Your avatar is a speculum.

OMG.

I just received an email from Robert Wood Johnson (I'm out of state)... It's addressed to Ms. Klein. That's... not my name. Um, so someone has been invited to interview at RWJ. I might be that someone. I might not.

Good luck to all! :luck::luck::luck:

Magic Thread, you can't snub me two weeks in a row can you? How about some CA love? Thanks

-MahSpoon

Aaand Robert Wood Johnson is indeed inviting me to interview with them!

Good luck everyone :luck:

Dear magic thread,

Dear Magic thread,

Me too. Please

-Me

this is ******ed. you are constantly being a debbie downer in multiple threads, i.e., the "anyone else sick of flying" thread, the one where you bashed phoenix for being happy about her acceptances, and now here in this thread (can anyone think of any more?) so correct me if i'm wrong, but it seems like your only purpose on this forum is to just be a douche (that's right i said douche) about everything, thus i have concluded that you are either a) a troll or b) insecure about your own app success that you have to bring everyone else down with you. i vote for a + b.

I had interviews the 16,17, and 18 of October. Heard nothing since!

this is ******ed. you are constantly being a debbie downer in multiple threads, i.e., the "anyone else sick of flying" thread, the one where you bashed phoenix for being happy about her acceptances, and now here in this thread (can anyone think of any more?) so correct me if i'm wrong, but it seems like your only purpose on this forum is to just be a douche (that's right i said douche) about everything, thus i have concluded that you are either a) a troll or b) insecure about your own app success that you have to bring everyone else down with you. i vote for a + b.

yikes. someone is having a bad day.

you are right about one of your points -- the Phoenix one and i have apologized for that. many of my other posts are meant to be amusing/sarcastic (obviously, i failed to amuse you) and some of them i actually mean. for example, i think it is unfeeling to complain about the flying to your 17 interviews (that is literally the number the OP had) when most people would kill for one or 2. i think that poster wanted others to ooh and ahh about his interviews. i think he is not thinking about other people's feelings.

that said, methinks you like me. paying awfully close attention to what i say. hahah.

as for my success, i'm doing pretty well. but of course i am insecure. who isn't.

from now on, i'll try to behave more to your standards. but "debbie downer"??????????

NOTE: has anyone mentioned to you that it is politically incorrect to call someone "******ed." that went out in, like, 1980.

for example, i think it is unfeeling to complain about the flying to your 17 interviews (that is literally the number the OP had) when most people would kill for one or 2. i think that poster wanted others to ooh and ahh about his interviews. i think he is not thinking about other people's feelings..
Hear, hear.

yikes. someone is having a bad day.

you are right about one of your points -- the Phoenix one and i have apologized for that. many of my other posts are meant to be amusing/sarcastic (obviously, i failed to amuse you) and some of them i actually mean. for example, i think it is unfeeling to complain about the flying to your 17 interviews (that is literally the number the OP had) when most people would kill for one or 2. i think that poster wanted others to ooh and ahh about his interviews. i think he is not thinking about other people's feelings.

that said, methinks you like me. paying awfully close attention to what i say. hahah.

as for my success, i'm doing pretty well. but of course i am insecure. who isn't.

from now on, i'll try to behave more to your standards. but "debbie downer"??????????

NOTE: has anyone mentioned to you that it is politically incorrect to call someone "******ed." that went out in, like, 1980.

if you look back at the thread, i actually agreed w/your calling the guy out on complaining about all his interviews, but i noted it to show a repeating pattern of your whining about things. also, the only reason i've remembered any of this is b/c you are the only one who has made such statements repeatedly, and unfortunately negative comments always seem to stick longer than the positive ones. lastly, i didn't call you ******ed (although my avatar does, muahaha), re-read my post.

anyway, good luck to everyone this week! i hope there will be good luck for you all (including you, mdrus)

if you look back at the thread, i actually agreed w/your calling the guy out on complaining about all his interviews, but i noted it to show a repeating pattern of your whining about things. also, the only reason i've remembered any of this is b/c you are the only one who has made such statements repeatedly, and unfortunately negative comments always seem to stick longer than the positive ones. lastly, i didn't call you ******ed (although my avatar does, muahaha), re-read my post.

anyway, good luck to everyone this week! i hope there will be good luck for you all (including you, mdrus)

anyone who has an avatar that says "******ed" should not be calling other people insensitive.

did it ever occur to you that people who read this have family members with Downs Syndrome? What are you thinking?

Do other agree with me that Misty should delete her so-called avatar? It is completely inappropriate.

Dear deities of interview invites!

I thank you for the invite that I received after posting on this magic thread. I would like to receive more invites from my top choice schools, especially the UCs.

I thank you in advance and I pray for you for do your magic again!

:bow:

anyone who has an avatar that says "******ed" should not be calling other people insensitive.

did it ever occur to you that people who read this have family members with Downs Syndrome? What are you thinking?

Do other agree with me that Misty should delete her so-called avatar? It is completely inappropriate.
it's the internet. there are plenty of things to be offended by. she didn't call you insensitive, just said that you're bringing down the mood of a few threads, which isn't untrue...you do seem to have a negative response to a lot of things. Honestly, i often get you confused with the person who complained about having to go to their 17 interviews, because i'm always annoyed by whatever i end up reading from either of you. but, it's a public forum, people are going to say what they want to say, whether it's "your ******ed" or complaining excessively, so just accept it and move on.

ok, fair point.

it's the internet. there are plenty of things to be offended by. she didn't call you insensitive, just said that you're bringing down the mood of a few threads, which isn't untrue...you do seem to have a negative response to a lot of things. Honestly, i often get you confused with the person who complained about having to go to their 17 interviews, because i'm always annoyed by whatever i end up reading from either of you. but, it's a public forum, people are going to say what they want to say, whether it's "your ******ed" or complaining excessively, so just accept it and move on.

I didn't read that thread, because when I saw the subject of it, I thought it would just get on my nerves. But seriously, if you're that competitive an applicant that you are receiving 17 interview invites, what on earth were you doing applying to so many schools? Could that person have been that indecisive about where he wanted to go?

I'm simply amazed at the apparent idiocy of some of these people who are gaining entrance to medical school. Gives us all hope. haha!

Oh Magic Thread,

Please send :luck: my way.

Okay lucky thread... HIT ME!

I viewed this thread for the first time and immediately received an email saying I had an interview invite after an almost 2 month hiatus! Its not from one of the two schools I am still holding out for, but there is still hope!

Status
Not open for further replies.