Anyone else on interview invitation hiatus?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
C'mon lucky interview thread, please send me some interview loving from the three that I'm thinking of!

:luck: Good luck with those interviews everyone! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

I definately need some magic from this thread! I have been complete since the beginning of Sept with only one invite! I am grateful for one, but definately need more (in case I bomb my one!!) :)

it's been a month of deafening silence!! :idea:

Members don't see this ad :)
5.5 weeks. Anyone waited that long and find themselves pleasantly surprised..? Starting to doubt it.

The magic thread worked indirectly...

My fiancee got an invite today, and I posted earlier in the day!

Interview invite, please! I'm hoping to hear good news from Mayo soon (based on the Mayo thread, within the next few days). And, i finally submitted one of my last secondarys. Interviews!!!

interview thread can i have some love please? :confused:

What the crap?!??!
I asked for interviews not rejections! Stupid Rochester!
:scared:

:luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck:

interviews plz! just 1 more to make it a lucky 3

been complete since late august and havent gotten one in 6 weeks

Members don't see this ad :)
I ask for an interview and you give me a thin envelope from Rochester? I hate you magic thread. I hate you.

this thread is bogus

i've posted in it, and i read it compulsively...

and nothing :(

Wake meets about my interview from 10/17 on Wednesday. Here's to a good Halloween.

Haven't gotten an invite for almost a month. Starting to lose hope even though I know that is silly.

+pity+I'm going to end the pity party.....

Hope November rocks!:horns::biglove:

thanks for the cincinnati interview!

now how about that Cubs World Series...

I need an interview! I am going through withdrawal ::shudder::

Seriously, Stupid U of Roc :mad:

You too,

Its been weeks of silence from every school, then U Rochester rejects me from nowhere.

Magic thread, hit me with an interview, and keep the rejections away.

Dear Magic Thread: I'm so grateful for what I got. If you could manage some _____-invite action, it would be amazing!

OK, WHAT is up with the NY schools. Silent for up to 2.5 months now. No indication I'm on hold. Nobody is getting rejected from these schools yet. There's just no way to know!

I will ask the omnipotent, highly selective as to who it helps, lucky interview thread for some help one more time.

:smuggrin:

:D

I haven't heard anything since the "you are complete" emails a little over a month ago :(

Dear interview thread-

I have been devote and patient, but panic is looming on the horizon. Thank you for your previous interview blessings, but I need, truly need, some more, especially from Texas. Please let today be a day of joy. :love:

Faithfully yours, until you turn your whimsical, malignant face against me, which I know is not yet...

yeah so i think i'm about done w/interviews. i wouldn't mind to see more schools though, it's been fun.

i'd much rather have some certain acceptances...

I have a bad case of the interview hiatus. Would love to remedy that.

OK, WHAT is up with the NY schools. Silent for up to 2.5 months now. No indication I'm on hold. Nobody is getting rejected from these schools yet. There's just no way to know!

I will ask the omnipotent, highly selective as to who it helps, lucky interview thread for some help one more time.

:smuggrin:

:D

Yeah the lack of any word from NY is starting to kill me. Living alone in philly right now, i am getting so so so homesick. PLEASE thread, give me NY. I understand that i have gotten more than my share of interviews, and that i am lucky to already have an acceptance. But right now, I am on the verge of tears yet again and I just want to go home.

Yeah the lack of any word from NY is starting to kill me. Living alone in philly right now, i am getting so so so homesick. PLEASE thread, give me NY. I understand that i have gotten more than my share of interviews, and that i am lucky to already have an acceptance. But right now, I am on the verge of tears yet again and I just want to go home.

I am technically OOS, so I'm probably much lower down on the stack than you (and with your acceptance, I'm sure you're just a much better candidate than I am). I say technically because my entire family is in New York and I would have been in state if it hadn't been for Dad being in the Navy. I feel like I'm a New Yorker at heart, but they probably see me as just some guy from the south. Oh well...

In any case, good luck to you. Here's to the both of us hearing something (hopefully good) soon!!

dear lucky thread,
can you grant me some more interviews and get me off of probationary status?

Lucky thread can you please send me some New York love? :luck:

I am technically OOS, so I'm probably much lower down on the stack than you (and with your acceptance, I'm sure you're just a much better candidate than I am). I say technically because my entire family is in New York and I would have been in state if it hadn't been for Dad being in the Navy. I feel like I'm a New Yorker at heart, but they probably see me as just some guy from the south. Oh well...

In any case, good luck to you. Here's to the both of us hearing something (hopefully good) soon!!
On a positive note for you, NYU, Mt Sinai, Cornell, and Columbia are all private schools that don't really take a very much higher percentage of in staters, so you shouldn't have too much to worry about. The only reason they might look slightly more closely at in staters is that they might be more likely to go becuase they miss home (like me!!) So hopefully they will give both of us an equal chance, and hurry up in doing so!!!

On a positive note for you, NYU, Mt Sinai, Cornell, and Columbia are all private schools that don't really take a very much higher percentage of in staters, so you shouldn't have too much to worry about. The only reason they might look slightly more closely at in staters is that they might be more likely to go becuase they miss home (like me!!) So hopefully they will give both of us an equal chance, and hurry up in doing so!!!
AECOM is private too, isn't it?

I applied to NYU, AECOM, Columbia, and SUNY Downstate. The latter I thought of as a great fit for me, but being a SUNY school I'm fighting an uphill battle.

I made my ties to the area as clear as I could on the apps where was given the opportunity to do so. Now we'll just have to see if I can get noticed.

Agree on the hurrying up count!

AECOM is private too, isn't it?

I applied to NYU, AECOM, Columbia, and SUNY Downstate. The latter I thought of as a great fit for me, but being a SUNY school I'm fighting an uphill battle.

I made my ties to the area as clear as I could on the apps where was given the opportunity to do so. Now we'll just have to see if I can get noticed.

Agree on the hurrying up count!
haha ohhhh yeah AECOM. I didn't apply there because i don't like the bronx and a woman on the adcom was REAALLY rude to me at a med school fair once. like, really, really rude. and didn't sound very hopeful for my chances. Also my roommate interviewed there last year and didn't reallly like it. Best of luck with SUNY Downstate, I actually didn't really enjoy that school, (of course, the only NY school that will look at me). But the people that i know who like it, LOVE it, so if you're a good fit then hopefully that will work out. At least that app gave you lots of reasons to explain why NYC, and who your support system will be.

haha ohhhh yeah AECOM. I didn't apply there because i don't like the bronx and a woman on the adcom was REAALLY rude to me at a med school fair once. like, really, really rude. and didn't sound very hopeful for my chances. Also my roommate interviewed there last year and didn't reallly like it. Best of luck with SUNY Downstate, I actually didn't really enjoy that school, (of course, the only NY school that will look at me). But the people that i know who like it, LOVE it, so if you're a good fit then hopefully that will work out. At least that app gave you lots of reasons to explain why NYC, and who your support system will be.

Why do you say that's the only NY school that will look at you?

I had a similar experience with UVA, so I didn't apply there. I haven't met anyone from AECOM so I didn't have an opportunity for a negative experience.

I didn't mention that my support system would actually be Brooklyn Brewery. :D

i am shedding a tear today.

they key to this thread is to formulate a completely random, silly, and unexpected phrase that cannot possibly hold meaning nor be interpreted intelligently.

Hence.

JUB-JUB:luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck:

not superstitous, but goddamn I need some help:

hubba mubba pubba dubba

they key to this thread is to formulate a completely random, silly, and unexpected phrase that cannot possibly hold meaning nor be interpreted intelligently.

Hence.

JUB-JUB:luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck:

I have a stuffed jub-jub in my car!

...Yes, I use to play on neopets.com. But that was only so I could battle my jubjub against my sister. I've grown up now and graduated to battling her on Tekken.

i'll try it.

VEIG EM EMSO DOGO WESN, LEESAP!!!

My week hasn't been great so far and each passing day with no word from schools makes it worse, can you just throw me a bone? ANYTHING?!

blargh blargh blargh!!!

Hey Lucky thread give me some interviews...im begging for some out of state ones!!!!!!Please plase please please:love:

been some time since my last invite. Definitely could use another the way things are going! c'mon NYC, Boston, Philly, Pittsburg, Portland, or any other school!

Status
Not open for further replies.