Anyone got an interview call from UIC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What clinical exam UIC doesn't have a clinical exam.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Naz,
Congrats on getting a call from UIC. I'm in UIC IDDP right now. Are you from Pakistan? If yes do reply me back. Thanks

Hi there,
thank u very much for ur wishes!
Im muslim but not from pakistan, from india:)
so how is uic treating u? ur in IDDP1 OR 2?

Hi itsme,
congratulations, n good luck:)

Members don't see this ad :)
CONGRATS!!!:thumbup::) great news!!!!
hey guys, i got a interview call for sept 13th.... was waiting to c if i got air tkts and stuff..... sdn has been so helpful in boosting my morale so far. thank u guys....

Good Luck, ull do just fine.

Hello everyone,
I just wanted to know if anyone else received a call from UIC.If yes,can you also post your scores.
I'm still waiting.
Thanks guys,
PMC14.

GOOD LUCK with your interview on 13th.
Please let us know how it goes.
PMC14.

Jill call me today and ask me if i could make it for an interview next week so i pick wednesday the 19 so if anybody is having an interview that day let me know

Jill call me today and ask me if i could make it for an interview next week so i pick wednesday the 19 so if anybody is having an interview that day let me know

good news darkshadow0574,
congrats.... good luck.....

Members don't see this ad :)

congrats! when did you submit your application? I am waiting for my interview call:confused:

thanks

Hi everyone,

Just got a call from Jill. She offered 3 interview dates---this week, next week and Oct.
I picked Oct. 12. anyone has the interview the same day? let me know. thanks

I got a call today and I picked Sep-20th.Can anyone guide me how to go about preparing.
Conrats and Good luck Darkshadow and Emma.
Thanks a lot,
Priya.

I got a call today and I picked Sep-20th.Can anyone guide me how to go about preparing.
Thanks a lot,
Priya.

good luck priya... great news...:thumbup:

this mornin i got a call from blanca she was very nice n offered me sep 19 20 and some dates in oct .... i m confused which date to choose bz for interview i need to prepare. are 8 days enough for preparation fro this interview i hav also not given Part 2 exam so what to do........

If i were you i would pick the early ones rember that a lot of people applied and they pick in a rolling basis so don't wate time. Mine is next week on the 19 so let me know if you get that day so we can share some expenses. An for preparing write me back so i can give you some tips

this mornin i got a call from blanca she was very nice n offered me sep 19 20 and some dates in oct .... i m confused which date to choose bz for interview i need to prepare. are 8 days enough for preparation fro this interview i hav also not given Part 2 exam so what to do........

good luck manish

Hi ,

Can anyone help?How many does UIC take to review and send an email about he completed application?mine must have reached them a week back?

My stats are

NBDE 83 New format
ECE 3.7
Toefl 109
6 years experience in home country
Excellent letters of Recommendation

will retake part 1 soon
Do u think I stand a chance in UIC?

Please let me know.

Thank you

Thanks a lot,
Priya.
CONGRATS!!!!!! best of luck with the interview:)

hi manish,
congrats on your interview...before choosing a date see if you can book a flight acoordingly..it's a rolling base, true, but they meet only in the last monday of each mos(the 24th)..so it doesn't make a difference if it's 19 or20
good luck!

Thanks a lot Starrynight.
Priya.

thanks a lot but i think i ll be taking october date .... i want to prepare and then go and september dates are too early for me ... i know rolling cycle but want to give my best shot so i think oct will be good enough...
anybody takin octber date

congrats and lots of luck!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Hey Starynight .. congrates .. You did a great job... hey can you please tell me when did you apply for the UIC ... on What basis thery are calling for the interviews..like on score basis or date of application they recieved.....I applied in july and got conformation on 18th july that my application is compllete... may be I applied very late.. what do you think... is there any chance I will get the call... my status is

nbde 88
gpa 3.42
Toefl 99
three year work experience in India as house surgeon
one year in US as DA..

I got interview call today, i did not pick the date yet. I wrote Part 1 and 2 two years ago. So I pretty much forgot the basics. can anyone tell me what to study for the interview? pls reply.

wat was ur score can u plzz tell

Thank you nazish, pmc and himal; I picked oct 18th, anyone else interviewing that day?

wat was ur score can u plzz tell
I/II: 90/84
GPA :3.0
Toefl:115
Exp: 2 yrs in ind
2 1/2 yrs as DA

Can anybody tells me if I can make the flight in the afternoon (around 3pm) on the same interview day? In general, how long the interview in UIC gonna last. Just do not want to pay one more day of hotel.

Thanks a lot.

Can anybody tells me if I can make the flight in the afternoon (around 3pm) on the same interview day? In general, how long the interview in UIC gonna last. Just do not want to pay one more day of hotel.

Thanks a lot.

hello,
the interview lasts for 2 and a half hour; the trip from UIC to either Midway or O'Hare(the 2 airports) takes about 1 hour..but it may take longer...be sure you have enough time to check-in and everything ...
good luck!

confidentiality

I got my interview call last week.. I was surprised that they called me for an interview, it was blanca whom I talked to, ok to those members and applicants who do not have a 90+ dont worry i do not have great score like that in fact I only got 82 and a GPA of under 3.00 and worst i failed part 2 heheheh! and it was reported on my ADA score, I did a lot of experience as a DA, but still got an interview, I think UIC dont give importance with ur score and GPA, its how u present yourself, i.e Personal statement, recommendations. so to those people who are still waiting for a call, don't loose hope. maybe 2mrw u got a ring too. God bless.:)
congrats on your interview and best of luck!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Thnx starrynight..

Dark I scheduled myself on october 18 @ 1:30 pm... how bout you>??

I got my interview call last week.. I was surprised that they called me for an interview, it was blanca whom I talked to, ok to those members and applicants who do not have a 90+ dont worry i do not have great score like that in fact I only got 82 and a GPA of under 3.00 and worst i failed part 2 heheheh! and it was reported on my ADA score, I did a lot of experience as a DA, but still got an interview, I think UIC dont give importance with ur score and GPA, its how u present yourself, i.e Personal statement, recommendations. so to those people who are still waiting for a call, don't loose hope. maybe 2mrw u got a ring too. God bless.:)

Congratulations ! I agree. That tends to be true with most schools, although the ones which stick to numbers only tend to stand out more. In any case, good luck ! UIC is an excellent school.
My only advice for the interview: JUST BE YOURSELF.

Congratulations ! I agree. That tends to be true with most schools, although the ones which stick to numbers only tend to stand out more. In any case, good luck ! UIC is an excellent school.
My only advice for the interview: JUST BE YOURSELF.

thnks niles...:)

congratulation guys lucky u all.:)
After such a long wait still didnt get call frm UIC, may b my rejection letter is on the way.:rolleyes: Donno what went wrong. Anyways good luck to all of u.
bye

hello,
the interview lasts for 2 and a half hour; the trip from UIC to either Midway or O'Hare(the 2 airports) takes about 1 hour..but it may take longer...be sure you have enough time to check-in and everything ...
good luck!

Thanks Starrynight.

So i am done with the interview. Now the worst part, the waiting.

Same here,mine dint go that well,how was yours.
Good luck to everyone who is waiting,including me.
Priya.

I think it went well the questions were the same ones somebody already posted here for those that have to go for the interview don't sweat it just be yourself and you guys will be alright

hey guys...
its been a while... good luck for those who r waiting for interviews.... and for all those waiting for the results...:thumbup:. including me...:laugh:

Hi, I scheduled for 18th Oct. I will be flying on the same day to chicago. What is the best way to commute from Midway to school? Does anyone has an idea how much is the cab fare?

I had interview on 20 Sep. It went well . But bad thing is they will let us know in November. They have stopped meeting on last monday of each month .So Just have to wait little longer .I hope for the best.

Hi all..First of all congratulations to all of you who have been invited to UIC for an interview.
I have been called on the 17th of Oct.

My stats are
part 1-93
toefl-111
GPA-3.94

I wud like to know more abt the interview process..
is it more clinically oriented?
What is the best way to prepare for the interview..like going thro what materials wud help..

and I couldn't get much info abt the school itself..it wud be wonderful if someone cud share info abt the school..like its patient flow,facilities,faculty etc.

Thank u