Anyone got their scores yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

x17lilac17x

Sun Devil
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know one person in San Antonio got her scores, but I was wondering if anyone else did and what city you're in.

Members don't see this ad.

Didn't arrive today, your right most likely it will be Monday, tuesday or even wednesday for some areas at latest.

Members don't see this ad :)
savvysearch said:
I got my score today.
How was it savvysearch? I hope you don't have to think of taking it again on Oct.

~Aquasonic

Aquasonic said:
How was it savvysearch? I hope you don't have to think of taking it again on Oct.

~Aquasonic

I got an 87 composite. Lowest was 62 for math. But my gpa is 3.01, so I really don't know what to make of it. I still have no idea how competitive I am as an applicant.

savvysearch said:
I got an 87 composite. Lowest was 62 for math. But my gpa is 3.01, so I really don't know what to make of it. I still have no idea how competitive I am as an applicant.

ur PCAT is pretty competitive. ur GPA is not. so if you have lots of pharm experience plus some other unique ECs, you will get into a pharm school. ur PCAT kinda compensated for ur GPA a lil bit

savvysearch said:

what did u think was the hardest section on the PCATs? i'm only asking cuz i haven't gotten my scores yet.. hoping id id better than i did... i thought the math and chem was horrible. wat section was ur highest score?

Woohoo, 91 composite baby! Pretty good for a first time test taker. thank god my intensive studying paid off. Now i can apply to pharm schools the second time around with more confidence this time. My lowest score is a 60 in verbal, which im not too surprised with, but I'm definitely excited about my 99 in bio.

My envelope says the letter was mailed out on 7/27 which was thursday. So i guess it only took two days to get to me in LA. Good luck everyone!

doublehh03 said:
ur PCAT is pretty competitive. ur GPA is not. so if you have lots of pharm experience plus some other unique ECs, you will get into a pharm school. ur PCAT kinda compensated for ur GPA a lil bit

Hey doublehh03. I was just wondering if you were already in pharm school or if you were applying right now.

143namil said:
what did u think was the hardest section on the PCATs? i'm only asking cuz i haven't gotten my scores yet.. hoping id id better than i did... i thought the math and chem was horrible. wat section was ur highest score?

Same for me, math and chemistry.. Second lowest after math was verbal at 77. Chem was 81. I guessed a lot on chem and math due to lack of time.

x17lilac17x said:
Hey doublehh03. I was just wondering if you were already in pharm school or if you were applying right now.

im applyin rite now but i know many ppl who have gotten in pharm, med, dental schools so i can kinda understand the importance of a test like the PCAT for schools that require them.

hello
well here are my scores, this was my second time taking it
i studied a lil less than a month, pretty hardcore.

verbal 91
biology 87
reading comp 85
math 98
chem 87
writing 3
composite 95

ive got a 2.98 sci gpa
marjoring in integrative biology at berkeley

what are my chances in getting into univ north carolina?

berkeleytwinkie said:
hello
well here are my scores, this was my second time taking it
i studied a lil less than a month, pretty hardcore.

verbal 91
biology 87
reading comp 85
math 98
chem 87
writing 3
composite 95

ive got a 2.98 sci gpa
marjoring in integrative biology at berkeley

what are my chances in getting into univ north carolina?
Hey congrats on your score...Your above the average for the PCAT score, UNC adds up the score for each section, i think the average was 400 or something like that for last years class, so they'll take notice of you. People I know in the program said interviewers were very impressed with anyone with prior pharm experience and/or reseach experience so if you had those as well that would help you too. Great school (still lots of construcion though). Good luck to you. Go Heels - hey if you get in you might be lucky enough watch the Tar Heels take home another basketball championship

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got my scores back today and here they are. This was my first time taking the test and I seriously studied my ass off for about 6 weeks for the test.

Verbal ability 420 80
Biology 408 65 (I don't what happened here):confused:
Reading 425 85
Quantitative 460 98
Chemistry 459 98

Composite 434 95

Writing 3

So, I'm completely estatic about my composite score, as it is slightly higher than the average PCAT score for the schools I want to apply to (University of Georgia, University of Florida). I also have a GPA which is slightly higher than both of their averages. My question is, will that 65% in biology hurt me my chances during admissions or do schools mostly only look at the composite PCAT score? Should I worry about retaking the PCAT again just to raise my biology score?

p-rog said:
I just got my scores back today and here they are. This was my first time taking the test and I seriously studied my ass off for about 6 weeks for the test.

Verbal ability 420 80
Biology 408 65 (I don't what happened here):confused:
Reading 425 85
Quantitative 460 98
Chemistry 459 98

Composite 434 95

Writing 3

So, I'm completely estatic about my composite score, as it is slightly higher than the average PCAT score for the schools I want to apply to (University of Georgia, University of Florida). I also have a GPA which is slightly higher than both of their averages. My question is, will that 65% in biology hurt me my chances during admissions or do schools mostly only look at the composite PCAT score? Should I worry about retaking the PCAT again just to raise my biology score?

hey i was wondering what state ur from and how hard u thought the exam was(like what sections). i seriously doubt the 65% in biology will hurt u at ALL. Most schools expect atleast a 50% in each section and since ur chemistry is incredibly high i think ur chances are excellent

verbal: 47
Bio: 70
reading: 71
Quan: 85
chem: 90
composite: 80

writing: 2 :(

My first time taking it ..and i'm so disappointed with the score too, esp with verbal + writing. English is my 2nd language. Bbut i didn't do that bad for english section in ACT/SAT though...*SIGH...
With a 3.6-3.7 gpa, that pcat, currently working as a pharm tech for cvs, honors program, + some leadership in organizations, do i have a slight chance to any school at all? I doubt it myself :(. If i want to retake it, think i have enough time to prepare for the october one? or should i wait ? How can i improve verbal within 2-3 months or so?????
Argh ..so disappointed!!

i just got my scores today in pa - kinda disappointed overall...

verbal 433 91
bio 425 84
reading 462 99
quant. 385 28 :confused:
chem 396 48 :confused:
comp. 420 84

essay 3

i guess im going to have to take it again - i havent taken orgo yet and i still need to take calc so that should help ALOT with my scores next time. would i have any chance now w/ getting in to maryland, pitt, temple, nova or buffalo? i have a 3.3 gpa and im a certified lead tech at cvs (4 yrs). also can i still apply w/ pharmcas now and they'll update the pcat for fall when they get it?? thanks!

I just got my scores in MS. I can't believe it, I got 95.

Verbal ability 33 (yep, i knew it - English is my 2nd lang.)
Bio 65 (big disappointment here - I studied the most for this section since I am missing micriobio and physio classes)
Reading 85 (oh, yes!)
Quant. 99
Chem 99
Composite 99
Writing 4

I am very surprised with my score because I thought i did not do well at all. I am especially disappointed with bio since I spent the most time preparing for this section. But overall, I am very happy. This was my first time taking the test, and I am not planning to retake it.

143namil, I live in Valdosta, Georgia. As for what section I think is the hardest, I'm not quite sure I can give a definite answer but I'll break it by section for you.

Verbal Ability: Very similar to SAT verbal sections. You have to study vocabulary words, there's really no other way. The analogy portion was rather difficult on this particular PCAT, but the sentence completion seemed much easier. You have to make sure you watch the clock and not get caught up in tricky questions. Even though half of the section is analogies and the other half is sentence completion, I tried to make sure to dedicate only about a third of the time to analogies (even if they are harder) simply because it takes much longer to read the sentence completion questions. All in all, this section was one of the most difficult in my opinion.

Biology: I really don't know what to say. I thought I did really good on this section, but apparently I was mistaken. Time really isn’t that big of an issue with this section mainly because you either know the answer or you don't. The disadvantage is that you have to memorize so much material for this section, and you'll only be tested over a small percentage of it. I personally spent a large amount of time studying all the hormones in the body and what they do, but there was only one very basic question about hormones on the test.

Reading Comprehension: Time is a HUGE factor here. People tend to neglect to study or prepare for this section because of this common attitude that there is no real way to improve here. That's a load of crap. You have to do practice reading comprehension tests to get ready. It is very easy to run out of time and not even get to read a full passage or two here.

Quantitative Ability: This section requires the most strategy in my opinion. Just because you know how to find the answer does not mean you need to waste several minutes working out the question. You have to look for the quick answer questions first. Time management is also huge here. Even though I scored a 98% on this section, I still think it's one of the hardest sections next to the verbal ability. Make sure you study calc, trig, algebra, and geometry because it is all on there. Don't waste too much time studying statistics like I did, because it is barely even on the test.

Chemistry: Not that bad really. The general chem questions were pretty easy. I scored a 98% on this test and I hadn't even taken Organic chem I yet. Don't get me wrong, there is a good amount of Orgo on the test (35-40%) but if you study the basics ( i.e. naming, functional groups, and basic reactions), you'll do fine.

Writing: ****ing ******ed. No pharmacy school is even considering the writing section as part of the admissions process, so don't sweat it too much. As long as you follow directions, you are guaranteed to score at least a 3

Oops, I didn't realize you had already taken the PCAT. You can go ahead and disregard the majority of my reply up there then. So yeah, Math and verbal were the hardest in my opinion.

Got my scores also today. Overall not too shabby i suppose. I knew math was going to be pretty low. Verbal was way lower than expected :(

Verbal - 410 -- 68
Biology - 425 -- 84
Reading- 419 -- 79
Quantitative 408 -- 67 :(
Chemistry 480 -- 99
Writing 3
Composite 428 -- 91

hey p-rog...

i think even if you replied without knowing taht i took it already i'm sure it helped A LOT of other people on this forum as well (it helped me too cuz i'mw aiting for my scores and i may be taking it again in october and i seriously can't remember what to study for.. it was all such a big blur).

i'm still waiting on my score.. and i'm nto sure why it hasnt' come in yet since my friend got it and we live int he same state.. maybe it's teh TIME that we took it at?

but anyway.. THANKS so much for taking the time to thoroughly give a response.. it's people like u on this forum that really help others out . thanks!

Here are my scores!

Verbal Ability - 33 (haha, yeah I didn't know a lot of the words on this PCAT. Screw it, I can communicate fine, I aced Public Speaking)
Biology - 81 (I was expecting a 99, a little surprised but okay)
Reading Comprehension - 50 (I knew I did bad because I ran out of time and bubbled in the last 6 questions)
Quantitative Ability - 87 (Not too bad! In fact, I thought I did worse on this one)
Chemistry - 98 (Great score for once! I did better than I thought)
Composite - 83 (overall, good enough)

Writing Score - 2 (Now what the heck! In every English class I've ever had I had A++ papers. This is so not accurate. Who cares!)

Note to everyone - I talked to a pharmacy advisor and they said the number one scores pharmacy schools look at are the Chemistry and Quantitative Ability sections. I did well on those thank goodness.

GPA - 4.00

Pharmacy Experience - 3.5 years

Do you think I'll have a chance at getting in?

kizer21 said:
Here are my scores!

Verbal Ability - 33 (haha, yeah I didn't know a lot of the words on this PCAT. Screw it, I can communicate fine, I aced Public Speaking)
Biology - 81 (I was expecting a 99, a little surprised but okay)
Reading Comprehension - 50 (I knew I did bad because I ran out of time and bubbled in the last 6 questions)
Quantitative Ability - 87 (Not too bad! In fact, I thought I did worse on this one)
Chemistry - 98 (Great score for once! I did better than I thought)
Composite - 83 (overall, good enough)

Writing Score - 2 (Now what the heck! In every English class I've ever had I had A++ papers. This is so not accurate. Who cares!)

Note to everyone - I talked to a pharmacy advisor and they said the number one scores pharmacy schools look at are the Chemistry and Quantitative Ability sections. I did well on those thank goodness.

GPA - 4.00

Pharmacy Experience - 3.5 years

Do you think I'll have a chance at getting in?

Yes, I think you will get accepted. Your numbers are similar to mine. I took the Jan. test and had 37 in reading, 55 in verbal, 69 in biology, 89 in quantitative, 99 in chemistry, 4 writing. 87 composite. My gpa is lower at 3.66, but my science grades are strong like yours. I think with a good interview and letters of reference, we are exactly the future pharmacists many schools are looking for!

janeno said:
I just got my scores in MS. I can't believe it, I got 95.

Verbal ability 33 (yep, i knew it - English is my 2nd lang.)
Bio 65 (big disappointment here - I studied the most for this section since I am missing micriobio and physio classes)
Reading 85 (oh, yes!)
Quant. 99
Chem 99
Composite 99
Writing 4

I am very surprised with my score because I thought i did not do well at all. I am especially disappointed with bio since I spent the most time preparing for this section. But overall, I am very happy. This was my first time taking the test, and I am not planning to retake it.

English is my 2nd language too. I only get a mere 42 on verbal ability and a 58 on reading comprehension. I am quite disappointed on both categories. I understood the passages really well, but I think I fell into many traps set by test takers. I didn't study too much this time, and I will take it again. I thought I could have done better on each category.

Congratulations on your score. Good luck.

MK185 said:
verbal: 47
Bio: 70
reading: 71
Quan: 85
chem: 90
composite: 80

writing: 2 :(

My first time taking it ..and i'm so disappointed with the score too, esp with verbal + writing. English is my 2nd language. Bbut i didn't do that bad for english section in ACT/SAT though...*SIGH...
With a 3.6-3.7 gpa, that pcat, currently working as a pharm tech for cvs, honors program, + some leadership in organizations, do i have a slight chance to any school at all? I doubt it myself :(. If i want to retake it, think i have enough time to prepare for the october one? or should i wait ? How can i improve verbal within 2-3 months or so?????
Argh ..so disappointed!!

Your score seems to be very good. English is my 2nd language too. My first language is Chinese, and it' not even anywhere close to English. I only sore a mere 42 on my verbal ability, and a 58 on reading comprehension. My chemistry is around 40 and cause my overall percentile to go down to a 61%. In my opinion, a 80 is a very competitive score and you should feel fine. I defintely need to improve my score or else I don't have a chance.

FSUNOLE said:
English is my 2nd language too. I only get a mere 42 on verbal ability and a 58 on reading comprehension. I am quite disappointed on both categories. I understood the passages really well, but I think I fell into many traps set by test takers. I didn't study too much this time, and I will take it again. I thought I could have done better on each category.

Congratulations on your score. Good luck.

I just wanted to give you a tip for the reading section:
I tried reading a passage out of my anatomy book while timning myself each day for few months. First I was very slow, but then my reading speed increased. That is probably why I was able to read all the passages, answer questions, and then also doube check my answers during the test.

janeno said:
I just wanted to give you a tip for the reading section:
I tried reading a passage out of my anatomy book while timning myself each day for few months. First I was very slow, but then my reading speed increased. That is probably why I was able to read all the passages, answer questions, and then also doube check my answers during the test.
This is a good strategy. If English isn't your first language, try reading passages from PSAT and SAT manuals at first and move your way up. Also read science magazine articles and ask yourself questions about them to make sure you are using your critical reading skills. Good :luck: !

Hi,
I have a question. My composite score is 85%, does it mean the over all percentile? My Verbal Ability is only 9% which is super-low, because English is also my second language. Will it be a big affect to my admisstion?
Should I retake the test?

diemchau said:
Hi,
I have a question. My composite score is 85%, does it mean the over all percentile? My Verbal Ability is only 9% which is super-low, because English is also my second language. Will it be a big affect to my admisstion?
Should I retake the test?

Your composite is pretty good if you have a decent GPA. You might wanna take TOEFL, and then if you do decently on it, you can argue that you do know English. That is pretty much what I wil do.

janeno said:
Your composite is pretty good if you have a decent GPA. You might wanna take TOEFL, and then if you do decently on it, you can argue that you do know English. That is pretty much what I wil do.

Don't sweat it guys. English is my second language too. I got a 22 on the verbal a 37 on the reading and still got in. Schools don't look at these sections all that much. I believe that schools take your gpa as their primary way of deciding if you'll get in or not. If you don't have a good gpa that just shows them that you didn't take school all that seriously. By good gpa I mean 3.3 and up. Anybody can study hard for a month and then ace the pcat but what really counts is how hard you worked in school. Pcat is only a small portion of the whole picture. Don't let lower scores let you down.

wahooo...I just got back from vacation with the family, and just found out my scores..glad to say that I got an 86 composite..reading really screwed me over..
I used my brother's old Kaplan books nd practice tests from the kaplan course he took.
I have no use for the books so if anyone is interested,
I have 2000 Kaplan Review Notes and the Lesson Book(written in)
Pm or email me: [email protected]
I guess I can sell for 30, and that would include shipping...