Anyone have any knowledge of remote pharmacist positions ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DoctorRx1986

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello. I’m nearly 9 years into my career at the corner devil and planning on leaving next year . As you guys know, pharmacists and techs are leaving retail giants left and right looking for greener pastures . I am about to make my escape and have not started my job search yet . Recently I’ve been hearing more about remote pharmacist positions working from home and it seems like a gig I’d be into . I’m tired of being overworked and underpaid for all the additional bs in retail . I make about $120k but considering the mess retail has become and the increasing workload , I consider that being underpaid . I am ok with being at home . People have told me I’ll get bored but let me tell you I’d rather be bored than be stressed, underpaid, and exhausted in retail . I’ve been hearing more pharmacists are working from home in remote positions verifying or doing MTMs. Here, in south Florida I’ve been hearing from a number who are working from home from companies such as Humana making as much as in retail or even more ($60 something and higher per hour). What is it like and more importantly, what’s the catch ? Seems too good to be true to be making a nice income just working from home . Also, are these jobs stable ? Very general questions and perhaps many here are unable to answer but if you know please share your insights . Lastly, I don’t mind being tracked at home on the computer - work is work and if I’m working 8 hours a day Monday through Friday and no weekends, I can focus on work for the duration and do not fear surveillance or monitoring of my computer usage . Thank you .

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
If you do go the remote route, I strongly recommend psychological/environmental separation of work from home (reminds me of sleep hygiene practices). I'm talking separate computer, isolated office, zero distractions...hell no windows, decor, fancy fixtures...just boring and professional. Might help to dress the part...nothing formal but like scrubs or something during your designated work hours (you might find yourself less inclined to dilly dally with home stuff and fridge runs/eating out of boredom and the like).

On that whole keystroke, activity tracking....seems like a very polarizing subject. A good amount of remote workers are finding it quite annoying/BS for those who have a more relaxed approach and those who prefer to multitask more (not as inclined to focus, hammer out tasks nearly non-stop). Different strokes for different folks

Self discipline is another thing to consider. Reminds me a lot about being successful in early years of College (time management and discipline)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
There's no catch that I've found. It's much like working at the hospital with slightly less BS. Tracking is a non issue unless you make it one.

No commute has been fantastic and if I had to go back to a physical site I'd probably drop to PRN or train for another remote job.

Last edited:
If you do go the remote route, I strongly recommend psychological/environmental separation of work from home (reminds me of sleep hygiene practices). I'm talking separate computer, isolated office, zero distractions...hell no windows, decor, fancy fixtures...just boring and professional. Might help to dress the part...nothing formal but like scrubs or something during your designated work hours (you might find yourself less inclined to dilly dally with home stuff and fridge runs/eating out of boredom and the like).

On that whole keystroke, activity tracking....seems like a very polarizing subject. A good amount of remote workers are finding it quite annoying/BS for those who have a more relaxed approach and those who prefer to multitask more (not as inclined to focus, hammer out tasks nearly non-stop). Different strokes for different folks

Self discipline is another thing to consider. Reminds me a lot about being successful in early years of College (time management and discipline)

Ah, so I can't verify on one screen and play Call of Duty on the other screen?

Good advice. I am a remote employee and struggle with a lot of stuff you said.

Yeah, that stuff is like perfectly fine for people like @Sparda29 who are severely lacking in the integrity, morals/ethics, & generalized giving a damn departments

You don't play on your phone or listen to music, watch videos, etc while working? Or are pharmacists exempt from being able to do stuff like that?

You don't play on your phone or listen to music, watch videos, etc while working? Or are pharmacists exempt from being able to do stuff like that?
No, usually when I'm at work, I tend to/prefer to actually do work.

Couldn't enjoy stuff like playing on phone, listening to music, eating decent quality food, etc. with divided attention; better enjoyed/feels more rewarding/pleasurable when not associated with the stresses of a work environment #dopamine detox

Kind of goes back to my point of separating work environment from home environment

Status
Not open for further replies.