Anyone hear from Baylor?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I don't think anyone in admissions knows what is going on except for the 3 deans.

I agree with you on this. I have no clue what the status of my application is, and that sucks, esp. when you consider i'm IS and interviewed, uh, a little over five months ago.

Baylor has led me to wonder -- is it this chaotic every year? My undergraduate school has a really relaxed and organized admissions process that's pretty transparent, as opposed to this total chaos. Baylor won't tell us what's going on, Duke sent out its secondary months late, Harvard screws up again w/ financial aid page telling people if they are in or not, Penn pushes back its admission notification date practically into April...the list goes on. I just thought this whole process would run smoother than it did!!!

Members don't see this ad.

yeah, now i'm officially sad :(

so, i was wondering, how did you get so much information from them? did you ask very specific, direct questions? i'm just surprised that they told you so much! i called last week as well, but was probably too timid about trying to get the 411 since i didn't want to bother them. i'm tempted to call again this week....

I think this info should be taken with a grain of salt, because I called on Thursday and was told they were compiling their last decisions and wouldn't be done for another couple weeks.
Like someone else said...nobody knows whats going on, even in their own admissions office. Otherwise, we wouldn't be getting contradicting information (are they done or not?!).

Members don't see this ad :)
I called the admissions office today, and I was told that "the committee is still meeting to finalize its decisions" and, if the lady who answered had to guess, all remaining applicants will be notified by the first week of april.

Nothing much to do at the lab today, so I called them up.

"admissions committee is still finalizing their decisions, there is no date set yet for all the decisions to be mailed, but it will be soon"

no help :/

Black, you are so freakin NOT helpful! :smuggrin: I love you.

Really, though. F*ck Baylor.

Ya F*CK Baylor! My sister goes there and she was like "So you don't wanna come here anymore?" And I was like "Well, kinda, but the administration seems like they suck. I mean how hard is it to just figure out a date to tell us admissions decisions? Every other school does it." And she was like "Ya, the administration at Baylor is like that." I was like "Well, whatever"

Plus, UTSW freakin rules.

yeah i personally have never heard of second look before acceptances. also, since second look is mainly for OOS ppl, i'm betting that they are done accepting OOS people. kinda depressing b/c i thought my interviews went really well. it is also frustrating that when i call the secretary is abrasive and doesn't give much up(she's like a stone wall)...always, hi i was calling to inquire about the status of my app; she says: have u interviewed; i say: yes months ago she says: well the committee is still in process of finalizing decisions we'll let you know as soon as possible. i call twice a week hoping for a diff person to answer the phone. each time i get burnt by the houston humidity. baylor has officially broken my heart. (this may be premature but i hate when ppl keep me waiting)

you make a good point. i thought about this as well...that's why i wanted to know a little more about how pmst21 got his/her info. i was also told that decisions were still in the process of being made...but that is an open-ended comment...it could mean that decisions about who is going on the waitlist and who is being rejected post-interview still haven't been made. i never asked directly if they are done handing out acceptances (until may 15th, of course). i just want to know if i'm waiting to hear about an acceptance, or if the best shot i have right now is a waitlist spot. (as i'm sure all of you want to know).

From hearing you guys' stories, I don't know why I got this much info. Basically, I requested her for the status of my file. She told me right away that "oh, the committee already finished selecting people for an upcoming class. They will start contacting the alternate list people once the spot is available." Then, I just asked back "oh really, so if I haven't got any notification, does that mean I'm in the alternate list?" And then, she went over to search for my file before saying that oh "it's very interesting that there is no decision made on your file." Then, she just went on to that rejection letter being sent out already. And I told her I received none yet. So she just asked me what my cell number is and told me that someone would contact me once they found out what my status was.

Yay, I just think that the story I heard is pretty weird cz I have heard no one on sdn receiving baylor rejection... :confused: ...very confused!

guys, i really wouldn't worry too much. at my interview the timeline for acceptances seemed to vary alot. one of the students told me that a significant number of his friends in the class were admitted in march/april...there is still time left!

Hey guys. So.. I'm an OOS student that was accepted to Baylor back in December. They had their second look weekend for minority students this PAST weekend. I couldn't go because I had lab work, but it seemed like a pretty sweet deal: they pay to fly you out, host you with a current student and take you out to country clubs, lol. Damn, I should have gone in retrospect. I don't know if they'll be having another, more general, second look weekend. I'll update if I hear more news from Baylor. I hope they're not done accepting OOS students. Good luck to the rest of you guys!!! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Just called the office, b/c I wanted to hear for myself. The lady gave a rather rehearsed message saying that no decision has been made and that the committee is meeting to make the final decisions. She never asked me for my name or AMCAS ID, just if I had interviewed. I made sure to ask her if "there are still spots open for the class" and she said yes. So take that for what it is.

my friend just called baylor (she's an instate resident), and they told her that her file was still being reviewed. also, they said that at this point (whatever that may be) the files were being reviewed on a one by one basis--ie, they are no longer separated instate/out of state. finally, they emphasized that the class has NOT been filled, and there are still vacancies.

my friend just called baylor (she's an instate resident), and they told her that her file was still being reviewed. also, they said that at this point (whatever that may be) the files were being reviewed on a one by one basis--ie, they are no longer separated instate/out of state. finally, they emphasized that the class has NOT been filled, and there are still vacancies.

that's the best story i've even heard in the recent week.

HURRAY!!! that's the best news i've heard all day!!!!! nah, all week! thanks so much for taking the time to share the info with us!

....i'm all giddy and optimistic again.... ;)

who has their cell phone sitting by them and is checking it incessantly??? *raises hand*

here

yeah i personally have never heard of second look before acceptances. also, since second look is mainly for OOS ppl, i'm betting that they are done accepting OOS people.

I called today and was told that there are still seats available for OOS residents, but that those seats will not be available until the person sitting in them gets up and goes someplace else. So yes, they are done accepting OOS residents, she said that everyone who has not been given an acceptance has been ranked (and when asked, she told me that she cannot give me an idea where I am on that rank list), and that as people choose to go elsewhere, spots will open up for those ranked at the top. I guess that explains why last week I was told to wait until on or after May 15th to hear something on my application.

Personally I am ready to throw in the towel. There is no possible way that I could be highly ranked among the OOS applicants if the few of us that are on this board are an indication of the heat that the other rankees are bringing.:thumbdown:

FWIW.

It's almost amusing to see how many people contradict each other in this thread. I guess it passes the time though.....

Who wants to call Dr. Michael and ask him?

It's almost amusing to see how many people contradict each other in this thread. I guess it passes the time though.....

I know, I wish that there was more transparency to their admissions process.

oh no!!! seriously, i can't take all of this back and forth!!! excited one minute, totally bummed out the next! which is it!!! are there spots, or not! even if i have to wait until may 15th or after, i'm not ready to give up yet....

grrrr.....looks like i need to find something to occupy my energy! my research has slowed down this week since we sent out a manuscript last week.....what will i do with my free "worry" time!?!?! guess i better up my runs to a daily event.....

Sorry to hear this is so stressful. I hope you hear back some positive news soon.:)

who has their cell phone sitting by them and is checking it incessantly??? *raises hand*

ummm...that would DEFINITELY be me...
everyday i wake up thinking that today will be the day, any hour ,any minute...
sounds like a one-sided love story i know :love:

I have to admit that I had quit stressing after the match because I had totally given up on Baylor. Maybe that means you should give up and make plans at another school and THEN you'll hear good things :)

Now that I'm waitlisted at Penn and rejected from Yale, Baylor is the lone school I have yet to hear from. Any SDNers hear good or bad news from BCM this week? I emailed them again and got a generic "stop bothering us, we're still working on admissions" type of email...

i called today because I had been having issues with a cc about transcripts and wanted to double check that they had recieved all of them. They hadn't found all of them until i had called so maybe everyone should call and check that they realize they have all of the transcripts. I was surprised they were so disorganized!

i called today because I had been having issues with a cc about transcripts and wanted to double check that they had recieved all of them. They hadn't found all of them until i had called so maybe everyone should call and check that they realize they have all of the transcripts. I was surprised they were so disorganized!

That happened to me too, months ago. I had to send the transcripts twice and they acted like it was my fault.

That happened to me too, months ago. I had to send the transcripts twice and they acted like it was my fault.

They told me at my interview that they had all of my transcripts ... think I should still give them a call? Did they tell you that also?

They told me at my interview that they had all of my transcripts ... think I should still give them a call? Did they tell you that also?

No, on my interview day they told me they had not received my transcripts (even though the school has sent them weeks prior). I guess they figured it was my fault because my transcripts are in my maiden name. I tried telling everyone I met/ spoke to that they would be coming under a different name, but I guess it still confused them. You should be fine.

It's been two weeks since anyone heard a decision...Think today is the day?

It's been two weeks since anyone heard a decision...Think today is the day?
Maybe they're being super-tight with giving this acceptances this year for a good matric/acceptance ratio? We all know Baylor is gunning to become a top 5 med school someday, and this woud be a small, easy way towards the goal. If that's the case, there will be a waterfall of acceptances after May 15.

Any news on waitlists or post-interview rejections?

ps....they now have a baylor c/o 2011 group on facebook....maybe we should form a "wannabe"/"please accept me baylor"/"i'd give my right arm to go to your school" group..you know, just so we don't feel left out :)

The BCM 2011 facebook group an open group, so you could join and "unjoin" later if you didn't want to be a member of it anymore. I'm sure there are others who are hopeful about getting in and wouldn't mind meeting some of their future potential classmates. Even if you chose not to go to Baylor (because another school gave you a full ride, etc.), it wouldn't hurt to have made friends at other schools. You might meet some of them at various events and even work with them in a residency program or another situation elsewhere.

The BCM 2011 facebook group an open group, so you could join and "unjoin" later if you didn't want to be a member of it anymore. I'm sure there are others who are hopeful about getting in and wouldn't mind meeting some of their future potential classmates. Even if you chose not to go to Baylor (because another school gave you a full ride, etc.), it wouldn't hurt to have made friends at other schools. You might meet some of them at various events and even work with them in a residency program or another situation elsewhere.

I would join all y'all but I gave up facebook for lent. See you after Easter?

Does Baylor notify of post-interview rejection or waitlist? Or did they just throw away my file?

Does Baylor notify of post-interview rejection or waitlist? Or did they just throw away my file?

I'm sure they're still holding onto it (kind of like UMich's "highly desirible" status). Give them time. I think in Baylors case, right now not hearing>waitlist>>>rejection.

may 15???? are you serious..my personal deadline to keep hopes up was until easter..and that's when i was going to assume that i was either on the waitlist or rejected!
well..if anyone wants to know, i called the admissions office yday...and they looked up my name and i'm guessing my file as well...and just said ok...we still have spots that we are giving out..and the process is not going to end in march and will go in to april..but she didn't say when in april
very nonchalant conversation..nothing imp... i know! very helpful! grrrrr......

at this point..i would love to even know if i'm rejected or waitlisted..
this waiting is taking a toll on me !!

Maybe they're being super-tight with giving this acceptances this year for a good matric/acceptance ratio? We all know Baylor is gunning to become a top 5 med school someday, and this woud be a small, easy way towards the goal. If that's the case, there will be a waterfall of acceptances after May 15.

may 15???? are you serious..my personal deadline to keep hopes up was until easter..and that's when i was going to assume that i was either on the waitlist or rejected!
well..if anyone wants to know, i called the admissions office yday...and they looked up my name and i'm guessing my file as well...and just said ok...we still have spots that we are giving out..and the process is not going to end in march and will go in to april..but she didn't say when in april

Eek, sorry, that was just a guess on my part. I was simply guessing that they were going to see which acceptees were withdrawing so then start offering some other aceptances. This is an utter guess, though.

Hey I don't know if this has been pointed out yet in this thread but after June 15th Baylor will offer no more acceptances to any Texas resident that is already holding a Texas acceptance.

I don't know if that will affect you OOSers but I thought I'd throw it out there.