Anyone hear from MSU yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BCon902

PCOM c/o 2011
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been complete for a while, I just wondered if anyone else has heard from them.

Members don't see this ad.

No, I havn't heard anything from them. I havn't even yeard whether I was complete or not...Its the only school I havn't heard from yet so maybe i'll give them a call on monday

how long after you sent in your application materials did the MSU status page finally report that all materials were complete? I sent my app in last week and it still says N next to each requirement. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
I actually heard from MSU via e-mail last Wednesday, and I am proud to say that I will be a part of the class of 2011!!! I was complete since August 22, and was accepted without an interview, I think it is something new they are doing this year if your application is not questionable, so hang in there the admssions commitee meets every wednesday!!

Good Luck

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is AMAZING! Hopefully I will be joining you, MSU is my #1 pick!!!

I actually heard from MSU via e-mail last Wednesday, and I am proud to say that I will be a part of the class of 2011!!! I was complete since August 22, and was accepted without an interview, I think it is something new they are doing this year if your application is not questionable, so hang in there the admssions commitee meets every wednesday!!

Good Luck

THAT IS AWESOME! WOW! I can only dream of that happening to me! I know statistics sometimes don't mean that much, and I am sure there is more to you than awesome stats, but would you mind sharing?

Many congratulations to you!!!
-Andromeda

Hey Andro,

I am soo psyched that I found out so early. We all know getting into to med school is not black and white. I remember before I got in, people's stats would drive me crazy, and then I would get the feeling that I wasn't good enough so I don't think it is important to put numbers down but I will say this.... I think MSUCOM definitley looks at the whole person as we all should when we become doctors, I think my path to med-school was unique enough that set me apart a bit, I also kept in contact with the admssions office, and also obtained a ungrad degree from state as well. I worked almost full time in college and volunteered doing clinical work, I also though it was important to give back to the community doing humanitarian work, so I found myself working with Habitat for Humanity, I suggest that everyone does this, you learn alot and also meet great people, and you get a feel of what it means to give back to the community and helping people in soo many ways!! Also if you truley want to become a doctor, it will happen you just need to believe in yourself and keep your fingers crossed!!!

It happened to me!!

Good Luck to you!!

Thanks gn81! Many, many congratulations! I admire your big heart and dedication to service :)

I have a question. Why is it that there are sooooo many forums about all of the other DO schools and only 2 about MSUCOM when it is ranked 4th in the nation for primary care? Everyone seems so concerned with all of the other schools and show no interest in MSU on this sight. Any comments?

I have a question. Why is it that there are sooooo many forums about all of the other DO schools and only 2 about MSUCOM when it is ranked 4th in the nation for primary care? Everyone seems so concerned with all of the other schools and show no interest in MSU on this sight. Any comments?

There are a couple of reasons that turned me off from MSU-COM. The first was that the secondary application was so tedious. I did not want to get LOR's again from each and every person I requested one from. Second, even though I knew med school would be expensive, paying an extra 15K for being an out of state student was definitely not attractive. I think a lot of applicants were turned off by these two aspects of MSU. I'm sure it's a good school in its own right but there are 19 other schools to choose from. Good luck.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I know it is a lot of $$$. Hope everyone gets accepted to their top choices! Good Luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations, gn81! That is awesome! I didn't think med schools do that. If you don't mind me asking, what were your stats like?

I also got an acceptance today pre-interview. But I have a question: is it binding if we accept the acceptance? I don't know where to find the "traffic rules" for DO schools...

I also got an acceptance today pre-interview. But I have a question: is it binding if we accept the acceptance? I don't know where to find the "traffic rules" for DO schools...

If you don't mind me asking, mjos22, what were your stats like? I really want to get in this school but I don't know if I'm up to par.

MJO

Did you just find out by e-mail? if you did you should get stuff in the mail in a few days, and it gives you all the info. The deposit of 750.00 is not due until Dec 15 so your spot should be held until then, and after you pay the 750.00 your spot should be held until you want to decline it, but if you end up declining admission I think 500.00 is non-refundable so you would only get 250.00 back.

Hope this helps

I just received an email from MSU and their offer of admission!

I do have a question though. The email says that "an interview would be superfluous" but that if I wanted, they would "be delighted to host an interview day for you, which would be your opportunity to interview us."

My acceptance offer is not contingent upon choosing/not choosing to go to an interview day, is it? 'Cause I'm thinking of not visiting the college any time right now (no time, no money for plane ticket, etc.)

CONGRATULATIONS SORTA!!!

No you don't have to go to the interview day, it means exactly what its says its your turn to interview them, I went last year (was waitlisted) and I am not going this year, It is very informative though and you get to see the campus, but once offered admission to the school that is final, so you are fine!

Hope this helps!

CONGRATULATIONS SORTA!!!

No you don't have to go to the interview day, it means exactly what its says its your turn to interview them, I went last year (was waitlisted) and I am not going this year, It is very informative though and you get to see the campus, but once offered admission to the school that is final, so you are fine!

Hope this helps!
Thanks! Congratulations to you too! So did you just send an email telling them that you're picking the first option (the "I do not feel the need to visit the college" one)?

gn81 do u know what part of the waitlist you were and can you please post your stats? thanx

yes, I did pick the first option, and I got paperwork from them in the mail a couple days ago..

gn81 do u know what part of the waitlist you were and can you please post your stats? thanx

I applied way late last year, I sent primary in late November, and got wait-listed without an interview in like Feb.....so I am guessing I was towards the bottom, I tried to find out where I was on the list, but they told me they couldn't give me that info. But they told me the possible problem spots on my app, so I strengthened those and they told me to apply early, which I did....and it worked out!!

I have been complete for a while, I just wondered if anyone else has heard from them.

especially since I got a letter from them yesterday saying that I am not considered for this year's cycle. I just think its weird that they'd accept people without interview solely on their stats while others they dont even give a chance. I am well above their minimum requirement. I guess it has to do with the fact that I am out of state? Oh well....2 down, 16 more to go....hopefully eastcoast schools would be a bit more open minded

How long after being complete did it take to hear back? I also retook my MCAT so do you think that they will wait until they receive my scores to make the decision? I did not do well the first time, but hopefully they can see that my score does not match the rest of my application. Thanks a lot

Congratulations to those of you who are getting accepted pre-interview! Needless to say, I am insanely jealous. MSU is my first choice school. I just thought I would bump this bad boy up and see if anyone else had recieved the magical email from them?

I have an important question. Are they doing away with ALL interviews? Or are they accepting pre-interview, and also interviewing those that they need to get a better picture of? I really hope the latter, I need that interview, my mcat was not too hot.

For all of you who say that MSU is your dream school/1st choice: could you tell what you like so much about it?

Thank you my sisters and brothers.