anyone know about DA working interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toothy2112

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had a chance to do a working interview at a dental office, but I'm not sure how it works. Obviously, they kind of "try" you out. But do offices pay for those or is it like a real "try" out. What happens afterwards, do they ask you to come back more before deciding, or if they ask you to come back it means you have the position? Any ideas?:confused: I have only worked at one place and never did one....I was just hired.

Members don't see this ad.

I had a chance to do a working interview at a dental office, but I'm not sure how it works. Obviously, they kind of "try" you out. But do offices pay for those or is it like a real "try" out. What happens afterwards, do they ask you to come back more before deciding, or if they ask you to come back it means you have the position? Any ideas?:confused: I have only worked at one place and never did one....I was just hired.

If I had to guess (and I do because I have no idea who you are) I would say they won't pay you for the "interview" but if they have you come back again, they should make it clear if you are being hired or if it is more trial time. BTW, if they keep "trying you out" for more than a month, they might be yanking your chain.;)

i would think if it were an interview you wouldnt be getting paid.

Members don't see this ad :)
Actually, if you are already a DA and/or hygienist they will pay you for a working interview. It is normally sub-par for that area of the country/city/ etc. This is also something that is done regualarly, almost customary, int he dental field. Everyone from assistants, hygienists and even doctors.

As far as asking you back. That may happen but normally when they do you have the job. The reason that dental offices "usually" do a working interview is simple. The dental office is a very intimate place......relatively speaking. One works side by side with individuals and the office wants to assess your skills at work, ability of teamwork and going the extra mile when needed and then maybe even going the extra mile when it is not needed.

Hope this helps.

Actually, if you are already a DA and/or hygienist they will pay you for a working interview. It is normally sub-par for that area of the country/city/ etc. This is also something that is done regualarly, almost customary, int he dental field. Everyone from assistants, hygienists and even doctors.

As far as asking you back. That may happen but normally when they do you have the job. The reason that dental offices "usually" do a working interview is simple. The dental office is a very intimate place......relatively speaking. One works side by side with individuals and the office wants to assess your skills at work, ability of teamwork and going the extra mile when needed and then maybe even going the extra mile when it is not needed.

Hope this helps.

Thanks! The previous office I worked at paid for WI's when people came in, but I was unsure if this is normal in most cases. So, Im hoping since I was asked to come back then it means I more than likely have the position. I'm for the WI idea, since both parties have an opportunity to try each other out!!!:)