Anyone with MWU interview nov 18? want to trade?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

onetimeplease

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If anyone has a MWU interview Nov 18 and would like my date (January 7) and wants to trade let me know. I plan to go out of the country in January and would rather get the interview done now. Thanks for the help.

Members don't see this ad.

are you kidding? Who wants to have an interview on a later date?! unless the person already has multiple pre-dec interviews.

I didn't ask for your opinion. Some people schedule interviews and cannot make them. I am hoping someone is in that boat. Thank you for not answering the question though.

Members don't see this ad :)
If anyone has a MWU interview Nov 18 and would like my date (January 7) and wants to trade let me know. I plan to go out of the country in January and would rather get the interview done now. Thanks for the help.

Doing this gives you an unfair advantage...some might even call it unethical. Why don't you push your interview back to February if its that big of a problem. :rolleyes:

Doing this gives you an unfair advantage...some might even call it unethical. Why don't you push your interview back to February if its that big of a problem. :rolleyes:

Exactly, I second that !
I wasn't trying to be mean or anything in the previous reply... I am just trying to make a point that ppl of course want early interview dates to increase their chance of getting accepted..

When I was first offered the interview, I had the choice of November 18th. I had an exam that was scheduled then canceled that day. I am not trying to gain any unfair advantages here. Just a request if someone was in the same boat as me. Thanks!

Everyone needs to get off his/hers back. Onetimeplease is putting a post trying to help himself/herself and possibly someone else. If someone responds maybe they will need the trade just as much! Stop wasting your time bashing on him/her.

Everyone needs to get of his/hers back. Onetimeplease is putting a post trying to help himself/herself and possibly someone else. If someone responds maybe they will need the trade just as much! Stop wasting your time bashing on him/her.

Is it ethical to ask for the questions on the DAT once someone has taken it? I mean, it helps myself and others. :idea:

What onetime originally posted seemed unethical to me (with the information given and the logical assumption I made - pre-dec interview>post-dec interview), so I made a point of informing him/her.

Well I believe your assumption is wrong. There is no advantage and if someone needs to trade just as much as I do then there is no problem with it. Don't waste your time harping on me when all I asked is if someone was in the same boat as me. Trust me, there are better things to do then critique people on SDN late night. So if anyone wants to trade, let me know!

I don't think anyone is going to trade with you. The person who scheduled their interview on the 18th probably had it open, which is the reason why they scheduled it in the first place. Even if they happen to have an exam on that date, I think they would rather miss the exam and make it up, knowing that it will be harder, than to give up an opportunity of a lifetime.

Is it ethical to ask for the questions on the DAT once someone has taken it? I mean, it helps myself and others. :idea:

What onetime originally posted seemed unethical to me (with the information given and the logical assumption I made - pre-dec interview>post-dec interview), so I made a point of informing him/her.

I always wanted to meet the ethical police on SDN, so thanks! There is NOTHING unethical asking someone else (that would obviously be in the same boat and therefore willing to trade) to switch interview dates. Get a life.

I don't think anyone is going to trade with you. The person who scheduled their interview on the 18th probably had it open, which is the reason why they scheduled it in the first place. Even if they happen to have an exam on that date, I think they would rather miss the exam and make it up, knowing that it will be harder, than to give up an opportunity of a lifetime.

I hate to break it to the original poster, but StarCraft has a point. Someone who already scheduled an interview on Nov 18 had nothing on that day, so that is why they scheduled that day in the first place, so most likely they will go on that day. And even if they did have an exam that day, if they are smart they would do whatever it takes to push it back. A person would only trade if it was a pre-dec 1st interview.

If your out of the country in January, will you not go on your interview if nobody trades with you?

It isn't "unethical" to ask for this. Seriously? It may not be probable but I'm tired of people on SDN saying that things are unethical. The OP is not forcing people to change their interview dates to a later time. He/she is simply asking if anyone who has booked an earlier time is willing to switch...such an act is obviously unlikely but why not ask? Saying this request is unethical is childish at the least... if the person gets no feedback then they are obviously out of luck. While I am not optimistic at the OP's chances of a reschedule, I will at least wish him/her good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks again to the ethics police and everyone else who really knows what I am asking for. Once again, I am not forcing anyone to trade with me, simply if something is more convenient for them on my date then it works for the both of us. Not a big deal, not life or death. I can change the dates I leave. It never seems to amaze me the time people have to respond to posts that don't APPLY TO THEM.

Seriously, you guys sometimes make mountains out of mole hills. What is wrong with asking for someone to trade if it is amicable to both sides? Good luck to the OP, if not I will see you in Arizona on Jan. 7.

Looking forward to it too. Where are you from? When do you plan on flying in and such? Trying to get together a plan so I can have a bit of an extended stay there.

It isn't "unethical" to ask for this. Seriously? It may not be probable but I'm tired of people on SDN saying that things are unethical .

Well that depends on weather you apply to the egoist approach to ethics or the utilitarian. In terms of the egoist approach he is doing what's best for him, therefore it's ethical... However, he is not doing what's best for everyone, as changing dates would be a hassle to the school as well as the other person, so that's unethical.... You know, you could also say that everyone not switching with him is acting unethically since it should be our duty to help someone in need per the Divine Command Theory of ethics.....

Regardless, I think he just wants in before December 1.

Well that depends on weather you apply to the egoist approach to ethics or the utilitarian. In terms of the egoist approach he is doing what's best for him, therefore it's ethical... However, he is not doing what's best for everyone, as changing dates would be a hassle to the school as well as the other person, so that's unethical.... You know, you could also say that everyone not switching with him is acting unethically since it should be our duty to help someone in need per the Divine Command Theory of ethics.....

WOW... clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose. I hope we don't become classmates.

I'll be there January 7th, too - wish I could have gone earlier, but what can you do?

What is your basis? May be he has obligations. Oh my, you shouldn't be a researcher or even pursue dental school. You don't support your opinions/findings with results.

Who cares?

I don't know what you guys think but i think that it is not a big deal even to be there before Dec 1st for MWU. Share your opinions. SIMPLY ALL IT IS WAS THAT I PLANNED ON BEING OUT OF THE COUNTRY. settled? lol : )

I don't know what you guys think but i think that it is not a big deal even to be there before Dec 1st for MWU. Share your opinions. SIMPLY ALL IT IS WAS THAT I PLANNED ON BEING OUT OF THE COUNTRY. settled? lol : )

I supported your thread this entire time but I will have to say that changing to a pre-Dec interview at MWU is huge. Thet accept 100 of their 110 seats in December(per Dr. Simenson). With that said, I have an interview October 27th at NYU and have thought about changing it to post-Dec. to see if I get accepted somewhere else first. You may find someone in the same situation and they might trade. I love how this post has stirred up so much controversy. MWU is OK.... way over priced.

Last edited:
I see what you are saying...but will that many people accept that early in the process before hearing from other schools?

I see what you are saying...but will that many people accept that early in the process before hearing from other schools?
not sure I understand what you mean. They accept that many because they expect 60% to accept their offer. That is what they told us.

i don't even understand what the proposed procedure would be.

The school decides when it interviews people not the applicants!! what is the OP going to do, call the school and explain that he has found someone on the internet to switch dates with???? hahahahaha I just imaging that nice ackward phone call.

Just call the school and reschedule your interview yourself. No one else has to be involved. If you have to take a later date, then so be it. Its your fault.

You can't realistically expect the school to be happy with two applicants who have conspired over the internet to switch their interview dates.

Well you should know what you are talking about before you post. MWU DOES NOT schedule the interview for the student. There is a student portal where you schedule your own. Good try though

Well you should know what you are talking about before you post. MWU DOES NOT schedule the interview for the student. There is a student portal where you schedule your own. Good try though

could you be more ridiculous?

Technically you can only choose dates that MWU provides to you as being available.

That said if you were able to agree to switch interviews it would require some CRAZY coordination to ensure that the pre-dec interview isn't snagged by someone else.

Basically the way I could see it working is to have you both sitting in front of your computers communicating via phone and screaming NOW! and clicking the reschedule button :D

could you be more ridiculous?

Are you serious? I made a post to someone with a nov 18th interview. And someone with no time like yourself is bothering posting and wasting everyone's time. Since you are a dental student and I am envious of that, shouldn't you be studying and not bothering me?

Are you serious? I made a post to someone with a nov 18th interview. And someone with no time like yourself is bothering posting and wasting everyone's time. Since you are a dental student and I am envious of that, shouldn't you be studying and not bothering me?

studying on a saturday??? hahahahaha! I am actually waiting for my gf to get ready so we go to a party.

My point is, you have to realize how ridiculous you sound begging people on an anonymous forum to help you out.

Its professional school, not undergrad. Be a man. Suck it up.

You made your bed now lay in it. If you need to switch the date then do so, however in no way should we care about, or have to hear about, your decision. If the only option is to push it back, then grow a pair and push it back.

studying on a saturday??? hahahahaha! I am actually waiting for my gf to get ready so we go to a party.

My point is, you have to realize how ridiculous you sound begging people on an anonymous forum to help you out.

Its professional school, not undergrad. Be a man. Suck it up.

You made your bed now lay in it. If you need to switch the date then do so, however in no way should we care about, or have to hear about, your decision. If the only option is to push it back, then grow a pair and push it back.

I never begged, its a convenience if someone else needs to trade. Grow a pair and respond to posts that pertain to you.