Anyone with NHSC Loan Repayment switched jobs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

JLLinNY

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone with a 2-year full-time NHSC loan repayment commitment (not scholarship) switched jobs during the time period? I have read that - with approval - you can theoretically switch locations as long as the location to which you are moving has a high enough HPSA designation. Curious if this is actually a feasible thing that someone can do or if it's the sort of thing they actually only allow for extenuating circumstances in practice.

Thanks in advance.
 
Has anyone with a 2-year full-time NHSC loan repayment commitment (not scholarship) switched jobs during the time period? I have read that - with approval - you can theoretically switch locations as long as the location to which you are moving has a high enough HPSA designation. Curious if this is actually a feasible thing that someone can do or if it's the sort of thing they actually only allow for extenuating circumstances in practice.

Thanks in advance.
Hello!! yes i have switched jobs. both locations had high HPSA scores ( 18) . I had to first get a job offer and then submit a request to the NHSC. Once they verified that it qualified, I was able to accept the offer.