AP Scores

FutureCTDoc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone called for their AP Scores? I'm waiting on mine right now and was wondering if anyone has gotten theirs back.
Presently I have
Micro 3
English Comp 3
US History 4
World 4
for a total of 21 credits at NSU my undergrad school. How many do people plan to transfer?

Members don't see this ad.

My AP scores came in the mail on mon (7/6)

I got:
Calc BC: 5, AB subscore 5
Physics B: 4

I'll be taking physics again in college, but I'm planning to use calc. And I'm planning to transfer my credits from my cc for multivariable calc, differential equations, and linear algebra (those will be taken during my junior/senior years). Seems like I don't have to take anymore math in college?

I got:

I'll be taking physics again in college, but I'm planning to use calc. And I'm planning to transfer my credits from my cc for multivariable calc, differential equations, and linear algebra (those will be taken during my junior/senior years). Seems like I don't have to take anymore math in college?

Seems like it...thats impressive and im suprised they let you take differential equations already even though you just took the AP this year. if you want to be a math major...you will have to retake math in college. The bare minimum is pre-calculus to calculus depending on what program your going for or major.

See if you can self study or take a Physics C class in H.S, that will make your physics calc life easier in college.

Members don't see this ad :)
hmm...

I graduated from H.S. in 2004 and im a med student now at NSUCOM. I still sort of remember my AP scores from back then and have a few thoughts to say to those who are doing a pre-whatever health-related track and got their AP scores and reading this. You can also apply these thoughts if you were in an IB program with your H.S./took IB exams. These are just my opinions, so take it for what it is:

-do retake biology and chemistry and physics in college, even if you got 4s or 5s on those particular AP exams because its a gr8 way to (try to) start ur GPA off high. At my undergrad (FIU), the policy was that they would give me credit on my transcript for gen bio and gen chem and physics if I got 5s for the AP exams for those subjects but it would do nothing for my GPA (it would just read as "PASS" or P or something like that on my transcript). Some out there might argue that it could be good not to deal with it if u worked hard in high school and want the AP credit to count for something but I say otherwise - its a gr8 way to reinforce and master ur learning in the basic sciences, and it will probably be easier for you now so that means a boost to ur GPA, and its a gr8 way to strengthen ur foundation of basic sciences for when u have to take the MCAT. So yeah if ur a high school senior out there reading this and did bad like me on his/her AP Bio, AP Chem, or AP Phys exams, take heart and move on with ur life - its irrelevant (but not meaningless), and just appreciate the exposure and knowledge u got from being in those classes to make you (mentally) stronger.

-I think, if I had to do high school over again and if there was certain AP classes I'd want the score to transfer/count for in my undergraduate studies, it would be AP Calculus, the English Lang (or Lit), either US History or European History, and maybe an AP language (like Spanish or Latin or German or whatever). I say this from the perspective of my former pre-med self, and because getting 4rs or 5s in those classes will free you up from having to take any of those towards ur general core curriculum requirements that all universities make their students do in whatever college they are in during ur first year or whenever in ur undergraduate program and therefore you can focus/double-up and do good on your pre-health-related basic science classes (the gen. bio, gen. chem. gen. physics, etc.). Unless of course, u want to major in or learn more about the subject matter of one of those aforementioned AP exams.

Last edited:
What year are you at NSU-COM? I'm in the BS/DO there.

no! i wish! last year, my grade (sophomore) was only offered one class for AP...world history. i don't think i did so great on the test, but then again, thats what i thought on AP Human Geography and I got a 5. So I guess I will just have to wait and see but I can't take the suspense!

Seems like it...thats impressive and im suprised they let you take differential equations already even though you just took the AP this year. if you want to be a math major...you will have to retake math in college. The bare minimum is pre-calculus to calculus depending on what program your going for or major.

See if you can self study or take a Physics C class in H.S, that will make your physics calc life easier in college.
Oh, I haven't taken it yet. Just planning to! Multivariable+diff eqn junior year, linear algebra+??? senior year.

Yea I'm not too sure if I want to be a math major...Its all understandable to me, but it gets a bit boring after a while

No physics C at hs, but I might do something online or self study

Oh, I haven't taken it yet. Just planning to! Multivariable+diff eqn junior year, linear algebra+??? senior year.

Yea I'm not too sure if I want to be a math major...Its all understandable to me, but it gets a bit boring after a while

No physics C at hs, but I might do something online or self study

If medicine is your goal and you can maintain a high GPA with math then go for it IMO. Wait...you are a sophomore in highschool then? Well thats pretty good way to go, try to do as well as you can. If you do decide to be a math major, just take the credits for Calc BC, that way you can start at calc 3 at the very least if they dont transfer your multivar, diff. eq., and linear algebra....what will most likely end up happening is this: Credit to waive Calc 1 & 2....you start at calc 3 aka multivariate, and the ones you took at the Junior College will count toward Elective credit...which is not bad...because say you get a total of 12+ credits...and you take calc 3 get A in everything else...your GPA will be very high because those 12 credits will take on the GPA you get your first semester of college, making it harder for your GPA to fall.

Dont do online...im sure you can self study physics C and since you did well on B, you should just put in a bit more effort to look for another 4. Just ask your college office first if they can order the test for you when the time comes (they should) and then you will be cleared to take the test.

AP Bio: 3
English Lang: 4

I wish I'd done better on Bio but I still get credit at most of the schools I'm looking at.

I am a rising junior at my university.

I personally recommend that one uses as much AP credit as possible. It will open up so many doors in terms of what classes you can take that are really fun and enjoyable.

I went in with a little less than 40 hours. My first year, I was an engineering major. Now I am a biochemistry major.

Even though I switched after a year, AP credit has not only allowed me to not be behind, but it has allowed me to pick up two minors, including a study abroad.

I would have taken more given the option.

If medicine is your goal and you can maintain a high GPA with math then go for it IMO. Wait...you are a sophomore in highschool then? Well thats pretty good way to go, try to do as well as you can. If you do decide to be a math major, just take the credits for Calc BC, that way you can start at calc 3 at the very least if they dont transfer your multivar, diff. eq., and linear algebra....what will most likely end up happening is this: Credit to waive Calc 1 & 2....you start at calc 3 aka multivariate, and the ones you took at the Junior College will count toward Elective credit...which is not bad...because say you get a total of 12+ credits...and you take calc 3 get A in everything else...your GPA will be very high because those 12 credits will take on the GPA you get your first semester of college, making it harder for your GPA to fall.

Dont do online...im sure you can self study physics C and since you did well on B, you should just put in a bit more effort to look for another 4. Just ask your college office first if they can order the test for you when the time comes (they should) and then you will be cleared to take the test.
Yep, just finished my sophomore year in hs. I dunno yet...I might end up majoring in math. The way you put it, sounds pretty good.

College office? You mean high school? (I know some kids did this before, saw pretty good results)

I got:

That's sick mathlegend. Absolutely disgusting. :p

I called :)
AP Biology: 5
AP Calc AB: 5

Members don't see this ad :)
No and I refuse to call, I will not pay to hear what they give out for free in a week.

I only took 1 AP course for freshman year--AP Human Geography--I got a
4 so I'm feelin' pretty good :p

I feel kinda screwed....I'm applying to Hopkins......early.....

USH - 3
Bio - 5
Econ - 4
Eng - 4
Calc AB - 3

oy vey.

Aw. Well hopefully the scores won't be counted against you. I'd be surprised if they did; there's no way to compare you against other students who haven't taken those AP exams.

Just found out I got a 4 on bio and a 3 on english lit. Very happy.

Euro History - 4
Government - 4
Economics - 4
English Literature - 5

Pretty happy with my scores. :thumbup:

Um...I got a 2 in world history. I knew I wasn't learning much even though I had an A for the whole year. My main thing is will this 2 hurt my chances of getting into a good college or honors program?

Um...I got a 2 in world history. I knew I wasn't learning much even though I had an A for the whole year. My main thing is will this 2 hurt my chances of getting into a good college or honors program?
You don't even have to send the score to universities you're applying to, and even if you did I don't think it would really matter...

Mhmm, the only thing is, I don't want to send my AP Spanish results with my other ones... because they sucked. Do you have to send all your results to the school, or can you just pick the ones you get credit for and send those?

Mhmm, the only thing is, I don't want to send my AP Spanish results with my other ones... because they sucked. Do you have to send all your results to the school, or can you just pick the ones you get credit for and send those?

Well you send your score report, it has all the APs you've ever taken; but I don't believe you have to send your score report until you have an acceptance in hand. After you've been accepted and before you register for classes, is when most schools need it, they look at your scores and give you credits for whatever classes you can earn credits for.

Ah, so I can send them the nasty score after they're already stuck with me hu?

Sneaky... :laugh:

I got mine yesterday in the mail, they were:
English lit: 3
Physics B: 3
Calc AB: 5
Chemistry: 3
I'm kind of disapointed with English and Chem, but really happy about physics and calc. I got a letter from my college the same day about what classes I got credit for, and I got enough credit to be considered a sophmore from AP and dual enrollment:D. Most of the classes I got credit for count for the core curriculum and electives, so I think I will use them, but I don't know if I will retake chem yet or not.

I got mine a couple days ago...English Land & Comp, got a 5...thought i was gonna get a 2 or 3, so i'm pretty relieved. and it gets me out of two english classes. :D

Nice! I was worried about english too, I came out of it totally fried and not remembering anything that I'd written. I guess I must have done alright though, Haha.

Not at all, dont worry about it, you dont have to send ur scores til AFTER your accepted.

I feel kinda screwed....I'm applying to Hopkins......early.....

USH - 3
Bio - 5
Econ - 4
Eng - 4
Calc AB - 3

oy vey.

Not screwed at all, respectable scores.

Also im not sure if they changed the rules for AP like they did SAT (you pick which test date you want to send)...but generally how it use to be is send 1 AP score, send them all.

took 2 this year. AP psych and AP bio. made a 5 on both. yay me! lol

i got a five on cs ab and a four on amer govt. how many of you guys self studied and did rather well? i.e. which aps are easy to self study and get a five or four?

@mathlegend: couple questions. one] perchance, did/do you do math competitions? two] do you have any other majors in mind? i figured i'd go math to make life not so hard, but am considering majoring in phys or possibly chem

man from what eyen said, i wish i took my courses at a college instead of the school offered courses.